F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE | Season 3 starting 20/11 Read more... ×

Any update on G923 support?

Hello,

I went ahead and bought the g923, but it doesn't appear to be supported.  I thought it would at least load as a G920, but it doesn't.  I set up a custom profile for it based on my G920, but the feel is way off and it just stopped working twice in the middle of a race.  I read support was coming, but if it's not soon this wheel is going back because I can't get a decent feel for it in Rfactor 2 either.

Thanks.

This really surprises me. A £200+ bit of equipment and it doesn’t work on one of the biggest selling racing games. 

Like selling an car without wheels. 

@Kyllin, I too have a G923 on the way...

The Logitech website says all the codies F1 games from 2015 are supported, on all platforms, so your situation is not good.

Also, as you say, I would expect the wheel to at least be recognised as a G920 in lieu of the dedicated support for it being rolled out.

I’d be keen to know which game you are playing, and if platform you are on and if the LEDS or rotary dial are working?

Once I get my hands on the wheel, I’ll also report back with my findings.

Monzie

He's ended the stream. He wasn't doing too well - he said he wasn't used to the wheel enough yet and missed the detail of his direct drive setup. 

He didn't seem to have any technical issues though and it appeared to work just fine. He was on PC. 

• Thanks 1

He did mention at the beginning of the video about a possible patch for F1 2020 that adds TrueForce to the game. Haven’t seen or heard anything official on that though. Can imagine it’ll come soon as they’ve already implemented it into Grid. Can still use the wheel and run it without though and will feel similar to the G29.  I’d already modded the stock pedals for mine so no idea how different they feel on the G923 with the progressive brake spring rather than rubber stopper from the G29. 

Posted (edited)

Had Jimmy been sent one to try/review? Just thinking there can't really have been a reason for him to want to buy one given his DD wheel?

Edit: cross-posted with above :classic_smile:.

Edited by Ultra3142

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Had Jimmy been sent one to try/review? Just thinking there can't really have been a reason for him to want to buy one given his DD wheel?

Edit: cross-posted with above :classic_smile:.

It is a sponsored video as he says so Logitech sent him the wheel to try plus got him to mention some of the new features. That said he did say he would be honest about his impressions with it regardless of it being sponsored.  

For me I’d say, yes the tech is dated, but at the same time they tend to be one of the most reliable wheels you can get.  I picked up a G29 with a shifter for £170 a few years ago and if the G923 can also be had in sales for around the same price (which I can imagine it will be sooner or later) then it’s a great deal for those looking into getting a wheel setup for racing games.  I can’t comment on how much TrueForce brings to the table but if it genuinely gives the player more feedback on what the car is doing then it sounds like a positive refinement. 

Hopefully @BarryBL can give you an update on the progress of a potential patch for the compatibility for the G923.  Will be curious to see people’s feedback on how F1 2020 runs with the TrueForce enabled. 

Edited by stephensmattlee

It's been at least to weeks since I watched them but there were a couple thorough reviews on youtube that dissuaded me from paying extra for the G923. I don't remember the details but the gist of what I understood was that the real sensible improvement was the one made on the pedals and that the TrueForce was just fine, nothing to write home about.

That said, what @stephensmattlee points out is solid. Your mileage may vary depending on local market conditions, but the full Logitech package is hard to beat when you weigh in price and customer service. Where I live Logitech offers their standard 2 years warranty and the only other brand with official presence is Fanatec so... yeah, you get the picture. Even if I were to snatch a deal on a Thrustmaster "equivalent" of the G29/G923 on the grey market paying just a bit more, I'd probably still bail out as the risk of not having proper customer support is one I'm not willing to bite onto.

The G923 videos I remember watching and finding honest and insightful enough for my tastes were this:

(Timestamped directly to the TrueForce segment but the whole thing is as good as it gets). 

And these other two. I'm sure others came out after that but at that point I had decided already I wouldn't bother. When the time to buy a wheel arrives I'll get the cheapest one, G29 or G923, hands down. That's assuming the G29 will still be around, but you get my meaning. 

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, Kyllin said:

Hello,

I went ahead and bought the g923, but it doesn't appear to be supported.  I thought it would at least load as a G920, but it doesn't.  I set up a custom profile for it based on my G920, but the feel is way off and it just stopped working twice in the middle of a race.  I read support was coming, but if it's not soon this wheel is going back because I can't get a decent feel for it in Rfactor 2 either.

Thanks.

Hi there.  Could you share your FFB settings as you have them in F1 2020 please?  Just in case you are, I don't recommend directly copying G29 settings because the wheel is more responsive as a result of the new electronics.  

• Thanks 1

Thought I read somewhere that CM we're looking to add support for F1 2020 sometime in September. 

@Kyllin, I have now received my G923 and can report no problems. The wheel feels practically identical to the G920. There is no G923 device in the inputs area under controllers - it identified it as a Fanatec a universal Hub device when connected, which I have now customised and is working fine for me.

Have your issues with the wheel persisted?

Edited by Monzie83

Hello.  My problems persist.  It just has no support in any games except ACC, and even then the pedals were backwards and all screwed up.  I don't see anything on my device list about this wheel being a Fanatec.  That would probably make it even worse for me, LOL.  I'm using it, but I like the built in support and settings for my g920 a lot better.  It just feels better than my new expensive desktop decoration.

@Kyllin, try using the Xbox Fanatec Universal Hub device option to configure your wheel - that’s what I‘ve been using without any problems.

I've just purchased the Logitech G923 wheel and pedals and they are not detected by the F1 2020 game.

Does anyone know when the next release is scheduled for, as i've seen it mentioned a couple of times that the next update will implement support for the G923.