Jump to content Jump to content

Any update on G923 support?

Hello,

I went ahead and bought the g923, but it doesn't appear to be supported.  I thought it would at least load as a G920, but it doesn't.  I set up a custom profile for it based on my G920, but the feel is way off and it just stopped working twice in the middle of a race.  I read support was coming, but if it's not soon this wheel is going back because I can't get a decent feel for it in Rfactor 2 either.

Thanks.

@Kyllin, I too have a G923 on the way...

The Logitech website says all the codies F1 games from 2015 are supported, on all platforms, so your situation is not good.

Also, as you say, I would expect the wheel to at least be recognised as a G920 in lieu of the dedicated support for it being rolled out.

I’d be keen to know which game you are playing, and if platform you are on and if the LEDS or rotary dial are working?

Once I get my hands on the wheel, I’ll also report back with my findings.

Monzie

He's ended the stream. He wasn't doing too well - he said he wasn't used to the wheel enough yet and missed the detail of his direct drive setup. 

He didn't seem to have any technical issues though and it appeared to work just fine. He was on PC. 

• Thanks 1

He did mention at the beginning of the video about a possible patch for F1 2020 that adds TrueForce to the game. Haven’t seen or heard anything official on that though. Can imagine it’ll come soon as they’ve already implemented it into Grid. Can still use the wheel and run it without though and will feel similar to the G29.  I’d already modded the stock pedals for mine so no idea how different they feel on the G923 with the progressive brake spring rather than rubber stopper from the G29. 

16 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Had Jimmy been sent one to try/review? Just thinking there can't really have been a reason for him to want to buy one given his DD wheel?

Edit: cross-posted with above :classic_smile:.

It is a sponsored video as he says so Logitech sent him the wheel to try plus got him to mention some of the new features. That said he did say he would be honest about his impressions with it regardless of it being sponsored.  

For me I’d say, yes the tech is dated, but at the same time they tend to be one of the most reliable wheels you can get.  I picked up a G29 with a shifter for £170 a few years ago and if the G923 can also be had in sales for around the same price (which I can imagine it will be sooner or later) then it’s a great deal for those looking into getting a wheel setup for racing games.  I can’t comment on how much TrueForce brings to the table but if it genuinely gives the player more feedback on what the car is doing then it sounds like a positive refinement. 

Hopefully @BarryBL can give you an update on the progress of a potential patch for the compatibility for the G923.  Will be curious to see people’s feedback on how F1 2020 runs with the TrueForce enabled. 

Edited by stephensmattlee

It's been at least to weeks since I watched them but there were a couple thorough reviews on youtube that dissuaded me from paying extra for the G923. I don't remember the details but the gist of what I understood was that the real sensible improvement was the one made on the pedals and that the TrueForce was just fine, nothing to write home about.

That said, what @stephensmattlee points out is solid. Your mileage may vary depending on local market conditions, but the full Logitech package is hard to beat when you weigh in price and customer service. Where I live Logitech offers their standard 2 years warranty and the only other brand with official presence is Fanatec so... yeah, you get the picture. Even if I were to snatch a deal on a Thrustmaster "equivalent" of the G29/G923 on the grey market paying just a bit more, I'd probably still bail out as the risk of not having proper customer support is one I'm not willing to bite onto.

The G923 videos I remember watching and finding honest and insightful enough for my tastes were this:

(Timestamped directly to the TrueForce segment but the whole thing is as good as it gets). 

And these other two. I'm sure others came out after that but at that point I had decided already I wouldn't bother. When the time to buy a wheel arrives I'll get the cheapest one, G29 or G923, hands down. That's assuming the G29 will still be around, but you get my meaning. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Kyllin, I have now received my G923 and can report no problems. The wheel feels practically identical to the G920. There is no G923 device in the inputs area under controllers - it identified it as a Fanatec a universal Hub device when connected, which I have now customised and is working fine for me.

Have your issues with the wheel persisted?

Edited by Monzie83

Hello.  My problems persist.  It just has no support in any games except ACC, and even then the pedals were backwards and all screwed up.  I don't see anything on my device list about this wheel being a Fanatec.  That would probably make it even worse for me, LOL.  I'm using it, but I like the built in support and settings for my g920 a lot better.  It just feels better than my new expensive desktop decoration.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 4:49 AM, chumtoad said:

I've just purchased the Logitech G923 wheel and pedals and they are not detected by the F1 2020 game.

Does anyone know when the next release is scheduled for, as i've seen it mentioned a couple of times that the next update will implement support for the G923.

I have the same problem, and all the steam workshop versions are for the PS4 version of the wheel

On 12/14/2020 at 7:41 AM, Dominik0077 said:

I'm having the same kind of problem with my wheel cause it turns like it has no front wing in f1 2020 and I'm looking to get a refund cause I'm slower than with my £100 wheel. Do you have any ideas what it could be? 

It's probably too late for you but it may help someone else.After installing Ligitech G hub software,set the degrees of rotation to 360.I like mine at 300 for quicker steering response in the hairpins.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:11 AM, leoakino said:

Someone knows if f1 2020 is compatible with trueforce function? The wheel without this function have a ffb weird, with too much noise and artifica.

ps: acc is amazing with trueforce

To get rid of the noise and artifacts,try going to the controller settings in game and set FFB strength to 50% and adjust up or down from there to suit your taste.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, AndresAvila said:

Does anyone knows when is going to be the Logitech g923 compatible with F1 2020? I'd love to feel the Trueforce feature in the game.

I've been waiting for a long time!

Last I heard it was being worked on, but realistically, I think you’ll likely see it supported in F1 2021.

• 1 month later...

Well friends its March 2021 and from my seat behind my new G923 there is still no support for the wheel in specificity for F1 2020.

Note this is my first FF wheel. Im coming from controller and the $100TM ferrari wheel. So obviously the wheel feels incredible to me.  Ive only had the wheel stop working once. Simply unplugged USB and plugged it back in. Fixed it. Still not reconized by game. However I did see a comment in here about using the fanatec universal hub as a set up point. I will try this today. The lack of use for these extra buttons really sucks. I wanted to use that rotary dial for my fuel settings.   Had i known this was the situation with this wheel I might had waited and purchased another brand at a higher price point, simply for more functionality.  Also the gas pedal spring is garbage. It feels as if nothing is there. I dont use the clutch so im going to switch that spring with the gas spring.  

Overall im excited for my future with this wheel, as I continue to get faster and learn more about driving with a wheel in these games.