Jump to content Jump to content

Any update on G923 support?

19 hours ago, GoldenMoose430 said:

However I did see a comment in here about using the fanatec universal hub as a set up point.

That was probably me.

When I owned the wheel, it was recognised in the game as Fanatec Universal Hub on first connection. Worked fine like that, although later I changed it to Logitech G920 (just in case it worked better). That also worked fine, and the same as the Fanatec Universal Hub (I couldn’t feel any difference between the two).

Either make no difference when it comes to extra buttons/dial/rev light support.

19 hours ago, GoldenMoose430 said:

The lack of use for these extra buttons really sucks. I wanted to use that rotary dial for my fuel settings.   Had i known this was the situation with this wheel I might had waited and purchased another brand at a higher price point, simply for more functionality. 

If you’re playing on Xbox, you should be aware that Logitech have created the software to support the wheel fully, Codemasters have not utilised this in the F1 2020 game. Likely you’ll have to wait for F1 2021 to have all the extra buttons etc working.

Can’t speak for other wheel brands, but if you had bought a Fanatec setup (like I did) and you’re on Xbox, you’d be even more disappointed, because the additional buttons and rev lights do not work either. This however, is not down to Codemasters, but because Fanatec appear not to have created the software to enable the extra features on their wheel. Historically, they’ve said the issue lies with Microsoft, but we’ve found out otherwise (🤔).

Long story short: On Xbox, you’re more likely to see your G923 fully supported sooner on the F1 titles than Fanatec wheel users are!

Happy racing!

Edited by Monzie83
18 hours ago, GoldenMoose430 said:

Well friends its March 2021 and from my seat behind my new G923 there is still no support for the wheel in specificity for F1 2020.

Note this is my first FF wheel. Im coming from controller and the $100TM ferrari wheel. So obviously the wheel feels incredible to me.  Ive only had the wheel stop working once. Simply unplugged USB and plugged it back in. Fixed it. Still not reconized by game. However I did see a comment in here about using the fanatec universal hub as a set up point. I will try this today. The lack of use for these extra buttons really sucks. I wanted to use that rotary dial for my fuel settings.   Had i known this was the situation with this wheel I might had waited and purchased another brand at a higher price point, simply for more functionality.  Also the gas pedal spring is garbage. It feels as if nothing is there. I dont use the clutch so im going to switch that spring with the gas spring.  

Overall im excited for my future with this wheel, as I continue to get faster and learn more about driving with a wheel in these games. 

btw.. i'm using G923 with PS5 and PC

On PS5 its recognized as a G29, and it works literally the same. Same button configuration, same force feedback, it has no differences at all

On PC its not recognized at all by the game. It required me to set every button and manually tweaking on Logitech G-Hub to have a decent (but still imperfect) force feedback. I still prefer to play on PS5 right now

Edited by AlexanderPD
  • 1 month later...

This is now getting to be a joke why can we not get an official response whether or not the logitec G923 is compatible with the xbox one when playing f1 2020 It's now 2021 and not even being recognised as a wheel in the calibration section. Nothing works the ffb is weird the rev lights don't work the dual clutch don't work the rotating dial don't work. Why did i spend £300 on this heap of junk when i could have got the g920 for half the price but at least that would work as fully intend. I fell lied to by logitec and codemasters because both havre said they are compatible. 

• Sad 1

I brought the G923 on the sole basis of the trueforce, rev lights, dual clutch and the rotating dial which I was going to use fuel mix on. But none of them work. Not even the LB & RB are even recognised. I am disappointed in codemasters for not even attempting to sort this out. Codemasters even said trueforce was supported in f1 2020. I hope that f1 2021 comes ready with trueforce from day one. Because i am going to very annoyed if its not. 

On 11/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, Tweej247 said:

Any chance of an official update on Trueforce. Paid 350 for the wheel because it was advertised as having Trueforce work on this, now there selling the G29 on Amazon for 150 and the only real difference is the feature Trueforce... snd everyones being very quiet. 

Hello i know exactly what you are saying i too brought the G923 based on the understanding that trueforce, rev lights, dual clutch and the 24 point rotating dial would be usable on codies f1 2020 game now i find that none of the features mentioned work and even the LB and RB buttons are not even mapped. As of the 8th May 2021 the f1 2020 game still doesn't even acknowledge the G923 wheel. I feel like i have been ripped off by either logitec or codemasters saying that the features work on the xbox when quite clearly they don't work. If the features mentioned don't work in the F1 2021 game then i will be extremely annoyed and i should have just brought the G29 because that's exactly what the G923 is. Anyway let us hope that it will work on the next game. Take care and happy racing 

1 hour ago, Jrprestage1 said:

I feel like i have been ripped off by either logitec or codemasters saying that the features work on the xbox when quite clearly they don't work.

Out of interest, where have you seen Codemasters say these features will work for you?

Wow I am glad I read this thread. Would have bought this wheel but now for sure not. Pretty bad that they say its supported but it just isnt... Guess ill buy a Thrustmaster TX, although really wanted the rev lights (im on xbox)

25 minutes ago, Rohangiga said:

Wow I am glad I read this thread. Would have bought this wheel but now for sure not. Pretty bad that they say its supported but it just isnt... Guess ill buy a Thrustmaster TX, although really wanted the rev lights (im on xbox)

At this point I'd be inclined to see what the situation will be for F1 2021. My bet is you'll find it will be supported.

Bear in mind the G923 was released after F1 2020.

11 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Out of interest, where have you seen Codemasters say these features will work for you?

I have seen it on this forum that codemasters said it would be supported with a patch mid September 2020. And also seen it on multiple articles that it would be supported in f1 2020. I am led to believe the problems with the G923 have occurred post 1.17 update. 

5 hours ago, Jrprestage1 said:

I have seen it on this forum that codemasters said it would be supported with a patch mid September 2020. And also seen it on multiple articles that it would be supported in f1 2020. I am led to believe the problems with the G923 have occurred post 1.17 update. 

I believe you're probably thinking of Dirt 2.0 version 1.17 there rather than F1 2020 version 1.17 there? Having a quick search I'm not sure there was ever any official commitment from Codemasters, rather just talk they were working on support. The Logitech website doesn't show Trueforce support for F1 2020 by the way.

13 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

I believe you're probably thinking of Dirt 2.0 version 1.17 there rather than F1 2020 version 1.17 there? Having a quick search I'm not sure there was ever any official commitment from Codemasters, rather just talk they were working on support. The Logitech website doesn't show Trueforce support for F1 2020 by the way.

OK thanks for clarification much appreciated i can stop searching for answers and I was mistaken. I am certain that I did read something somewhere that codemasters did say that a patch was coming for f1 2020 to allow G923 but it honestly doesn't matter i just hope that CM will allow f1 2021 to be compatible with the G923. Thanks for the correspondence and i wish you a good day sir. 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I just got my new g923, I think f1 2020 detects my steer like a controller. Because it handles exact the same as a controller when I drive over the grass or over curbs, even if I’m turning my force feedback off, the in-game steer vibrates like it do when you’re on a controller. Also I can steer my logitech 180 degrees to the left or right on 300+ km/h but my in-game steer doesn’t, only when I’m standing still or driving really slow I can turn my in-game wheel 180 degrees to the right or left.

(I will leave a recording of the problems later)

• 2 months later...

Has there been any update to this topic? F1 2021 is out, the G923 works with the game, just not with the dial, LSB/ RSB and +- buttons. I would really like to map those in game. Hell, on the button mapping options in game, there are 10+ unassigned functions available, but might as well not be there since you cant map them to anything. The standard controller has only so many buttons, and most if not all are already used for the standard controls.