Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[PC] Nvidia DLSS issue

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Some weird ghosting issue with DLSS turned on. Happens mostly in darker areas - i.e. in the tunnel at Monaco, in shadows, or in night races.

2.       PC. Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2060 SUPER, 32 GB RAM @ 3200Mhz 

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)

4.       Game-mode? 

Any game mode

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too.

I've tested it 5-10 times. Happens in the exact same spots on the track whenever DLSS is turned on.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Well, turning DLSS off fixes the issue, but overall the feature is great. To me, it looks sharper than native resolution + TAA, but the ghosting issue is bothersome.
7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc)

Xbox One controller

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

6o1cvao.png

Edited by HDR10
  • Agree 1

Yeah I'm getting similar problem, I play in cockpit mode and there is ghosting on the tyre surface e.g. Pirelli logos ghosting onto the tyre surface and sponsor boards and such hope they fix it soon 

• Agree 1

I'm having exact same ghosting issue with 2080ti after DLSS update. Playing on 7680x1440 and cockpit mode. 

Are you both running 452.06 and 2004? Dxdiags are needed to verify you have all the necessary bits in place.

• Agree 2

On 8/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, steviejay69 said:

Are you both running 452.06 and 2004?

I am.

Edited by KGM
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

I am.

DxDiag.txt

Is there a way of checking in the driver that the 2060 is enabled as the 3D device?

This machine is hybrid graphics enabled - maybe there is a setting to disable the Intel UHD in BIOS?

If you run a benchmark, what is the reported device?

Edit: Please test with steam-idle.exe removed (uninstalled).

Edited by steviejay69
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm that there is also the ghosting issue when using DLSS. I used Benchmark Mode and Spa. The ghosting is of the whole car, and is particularly obvious in Cockpit Camera, TV Pod (ghosting of both front tyres, as if the tyres are reflective surfaces) and the chasing camera (player's car and the car in front).

My spec is RTX 2080Ti with Game Ready Driver 452.06.

Screenshot is not showing the problem particularly well so I'll try to upload a video later.

5 minutes ago, mahmutcan0163 said:

@steviejay69 Looks like everyone has same problem. (Codemasters should make you moderator.)

Benchmark_2020-08-25_at_15-55-08.xml

Try DDU and 451.67, there seems to be the usual outrage on GeForce Forums about 452.06....

....as for being a moderator, I try to offer help. That's it. Not into wearing the badge.... 🙂

The number of GPUs is "0", hopefully this will help CM develop a fix - it's very new hardware you have 🙂

Edited by steviejay69
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Is there a way of checking in the driver that the 2060 is enabled as the 3D device?

This machine is hybrid graphics enabled - maybe there is a setting to disable the Intel UHD in BIOS?

If you run a benchmark, what is the reported device?

Edit: Please test with steam-idle.exe removed (uninstalled).

Its a laptop, chances are they wont be able to disable intel graphics. I know I cant on my MSI gaming laptop, the bios is locked down on it. Most laptop bio's are locked down to changes, not very many have access to anything important.

There should be an option in the Nvidia driver to force the everything onto the Nvidia GPU. But I also believe there is a way to add individal games and applications within Windows 10 itself, which may be the better route to take; as then battery saving is only effected while running that particular application.

I will just plug in my laptop and check, I will update once I have a couple of screen shots.

• Agree 1

Just now, Ialyrn said:

Its a laptop, chances are they wont be able to disable intel graphics. I know I cant on my MSI gaming laptop, the bios is locked down on it. Most laptop bio's are locked down to changes, not very many have access to anything important.

There should be an option in the Nvidia driver to force the everything onto the Nvidia GPU. But I also believe there is a way to add individal games and applications within Windows 10 itself, which may be the better route to take; as then battery saving is only effected while running that particular application.

I will just plug in my laptop and check, I will update once I have a couple of screen shots.

Yes I suspected as much but thought I'd at least ask.

I think the 'GPU chooser' (PhysX device) is missing from the DCH drivers at least, but I just checked the 452.06 release notes and it's still referenced.

Yes the 3D settings can be set per title or Globally from within NVCPL.

If you could update with screenshots that would be helpful.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Ialyrn said:

But I also believe there is a way to add individal games and applications within Windows 10 

I did it before testing.

• Like 1

Try DDU and 451.67, there seems to be the usual outrage on GeForce Forums about 452.06....

....as for being a moderator, I try to offer help. That's it. Not into wearing the badge.... 🙂

The number of GPUs is "0", hopefully this will help CM develop a fix - it's very new hardware you have 🙂

It's a game issue, not a driver or GPU one. DLSS works perfectly fine in every other game. Codemasters tried implementing DLSS last year too, but there were issues and ended up removing it entirely. Hopefully @BarryBL can pass this along and they can fix it, because overall the DLSS implementation is very good.

Yes I suspected as much but thought I'd at least ask.

I think the 'GPU chooser' (PhysX device) is missing from the DCH drivers at least, but I just checked the 452.06 release notes and it's still referenced.

Yes the 3D settings can be set per title or Globally from within NVCPL.

If you could update with screenshots that would be helpful.

Sorry about the wait, hadnt run the laptop for a while, so the battery was dead and it needed some windows updates before I could use it uninterrupted.

Windows 10

406915463_WindowsGraphicssettings.jpg.208be7588725b6012abf7772644cf75f.jpg

Nvidia global settings (most recent driver)

2036805324_Nvidia1.jpg.c93e636ee9003c8b7f801449f4f1577b.jpg

Nvidia Program settings (most recent driver)

1958821201_Nvidia2.jpg.9a8f5457d51264b11d2542b83ef33e9d.jpg

Nvidia Physx picker (most recent driver)
626586220_Nvidia3.png.8071ac680fa1f100968f19ed8fc7dcff.png

Hi guys,

Managed to replicate this. Thanks for the screenshot @HDR10, Monaco tunnel was a great example for this. Will add as a report and update when poss.

EDIT: Reported to devs, linked to this thread. Thanks for the feedback on this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's the screenshots I grabbed today to show my issue, again instantly fixed when DLSS is turned off but it looks to good to turn off other wise haha

20200825183240_1.jpg

20200825183242_1.jpg

Don't forget to post dxdiags @Ho3n3r @Monosyllabic

W10 2004 and DDU your drivers to latest 456.71 (ALWAYS, ALWAYS get the updated DDU!)

Also helps that you update your motherboard BIOS and drivers (AMD AGESA) and Intel microcode. Just because your CPU boots in your board does not mean it is optimised or patched.

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Don't forget to post dxdiags @Ho3n3r @Monosyllabic

W10 2004 and DDU your drivers to latest 456.71 (ALWAYS, ALWAYS get the updated DDU!)

Also helps that you update your motherboard BIOS and drivers (AMD AGESA) and Intel microcode. Just because your CPU boots in your board does not mean it is optimised or patched.

Everything's updated, it's a game issue.

26 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Everything's updated, it's a game issue.

It might be for you. Others may not have updated. You say it like it's OK not to update things. The number of reports for any game issue would be halved or the number of non-issues would be severely reduced.

But, unfortunately this is the position Codemasters find themselves in for releasing such a flawed product year in, year out.

So, blanket dismissal of anything is lazy troubleshooting. So please don't add to it.

34 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It might be for you. Others may not have updated. You say it like it's OK not to update things. The number of reports for any game issue would be halved or the number of non-issues would be severely reduced.

But, unfortunately this is the position Codemasters find themselves in for releasing such a flawed product year in, year out.

So, blanket dismissal of anything is lazy troubleshooting. So please don't add to it.

I am very anal when it comes to updates, to the point where I check my motherboard support pages for updates almost every day. Windows Updates get installed as soon as they're available. Nvidia driver updates get installed as soon as they are released - I check Guru3d every day to see whether a new driver is released.

Let me be clear on my views with regards to updates: IMO it's borderline irresponsible to not update everything possible as soon as possible, unless there's a 100% valid reason (i.e. some people have issues with specific versions that cause crashes).

I have installed new titles Crysis Remastered which has a ton of bugs, yet I have no graphical issues whatsoever, and I'm running DLSS. All other games run fine - as you say, there is a common denominator every year, as is the case here.

But to humor you, attached is my DxDiag.

Windows version:

image.png.f5f27a81ba26213368ffba04a91eb31c.png

BIOS version:

image.png.b889fad6fddc1927cc39275a6c9e81db.png

DxDiag 20201012.txt

• Thanks 1