Jump to content Jump to content

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 5:45 PM, steviejay69 said:

Obvious question is do you get the ghosting without DLSS? 

And do you get 60FPS without it? (I see you get about 60 odd with.)

Hello. 

Unfortunately, i do not get 60FPS stable on every track without DLSS + ultra quality but i choosed to get back on TAA in high settings to avoid it.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@BarryBL just wondering if this was ever discussed by the team? It seems to still be an issue.

I don't expect it to get fixed in F1 2020, as the new game is about to get released, but hopefully this is something that gets addressed for F1 2021.

My guess is that it may be an issue of missing motion vectors for the DLSS implementation. 

• Like 1
On 5/7/2021 at 11:44 AM, HDR10 said:

@BarryBL just wondering if this was ever discussed by the team? It seems to still be an issue.

I don't expect it to get fixed in F1 2020, as the new game is about to get released, but hopefully this is something that gets addressed for F1 2021.

My guess is that it may be an issue of missing motion vectors for the DLSS implementation. 

I wouldn't expect it to be fully fixed because DLSS uses data from multiple frames to anti-aliase the images, so this ghosting artifact is something that is inherited from DLSS and is something that happens in other DLSS titles too. So especially in games with a lot of movement DLSS will become very apparent with its resulting ghosting. When I played Control with both DLSS 1.0 and 2.0 for example, it also had some horrible ghosting in movement. So in a racing game, that ghosting will be visible at pretty much all times.
I wonder what Codemasters will do in F1 2021 with DLSS as it will become essential to most people to enable it to be able to play it with raytracing at decent framerates. Let's hope they can mitigate the current issues to not be that noticeable. I mean, even TAA is doing a better job as anti-aliasing than DLSS in F1 2020, which is apparently still the 1.0 version.image.png.9e053fd18e3e8ecefe2e6b2c042aa78b.png

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, henrique175 said:

I wouldn't expect it to be fully fixed because DLSS uses data from multiple frames to anti-aliase the images, so this ghosting artifact is something that is inherited from DLSS and is something that happens in other DLSS titles too. So especially in games with a lot of movement DLSS will become very apparent with its resulting ghosting. When I played Control with both DLSS 1.0 and 2.0 for example, it also had some horrible ghosting in movement. So in a racing game, that ghosting will be visible at pretty much all times.
I wonder what Codemasters will do in F1 2021 with DLSS as it will become essential to most people to enable it to be able to play it with raytracing at decent framerates. Let's hope they can mitigate the current issues to not be that noticeable. I mean, even TAA is doing a better job as anti-aliasing than DLSS in F1 2020, which is apparently still the 1.0 version.image.png.9e053fd18e3e8ecefe2e6b2c042aa78b.png

Haven't experienced this in any other game. Definitely not in Control. 

6 hours ago, HDR10 said:

Haven't experienced this in any other game. Definitely not in Control. 

I mean, to be fair the other games' DLSS implementation is a lot better than F1's, and the ghosting is hardly noticeable if you are not looking for it.

Unfortunately, (I guess) they are not going to improve DLSS in F1 2020, so we can only wait for F1 2021 to see if it's fixed.

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, henrique175 said:

I mean, to be fair the other games' DLSS implementation is a lot better than F1's, and the ghosting is hardly noticeable if you are not looking for it.

Unfortunately, (I guess) they are not going to improve DLSS in F1 2020, so we can only wait for F1 2021 to see if it's fixed.

Agreed, that's why I bumped the thread. Hopefully it's something they look at for F1 2021.

• Agree 1
  • 2 months later...