Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

PC - Game Not Loading Since Patch 1.08

Hello, same issue here. Before patch 1.08 I was getting the error message but the game would still launch afterwards and run fine. Now I get the error message and the game does not start anymore. I have installed the latest drivers, tried DX12 and 11, same issue. 

Seem to be getting more people having the same problem, two more added this morning

I had this issue with 1.08 and resolved it by installing game on same drive as OS.

55 minutes ago, AceGFace said:

I had this issue with 1.08 and resolved it by installing game on same drive as OS.

Possibly something to try, but as the game was running before patch 1.08 and all other steam games run from the same drive, why should we have to move this one game to a different location 

On 8/28/2020 at 3:37 PM, AceGFace said:

I can confirm that this does not work for me

uninstalled f12020

reinstalled on same drive as OS same Error

i fixed the issue with reinstalling windows... now it runs perfect.

5 minutes ago, cmd2308 said:

i fixed the issue with reinstalling windows... now it runs perfect.

Did you do a full reinstall or repair install ?

Can someone enlighten me on how things work around here, 7 days ago I buy the game on steam, install it and 7 days later I still can't get it to run. I post here in the correct sub forum with all required details, what next?

Who looks at and tries to help solve your problem, seems to only be other forum members trying to help, is this the only means of getting your problem solved, posting and hoping codemasters actually contact you with assistance, how long do I wait before just not bothering with the game at all and just leaving my money down the drain where it cuttently resides.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, energy88 said:

Can someone enlighten me on how things work around here, 7 days ago I buy the game on steam, install it and 7 days later I still can't get it to run. I post here in the correct sub forum with all required details, what next?

Who looks at and tries to help solve your problem, seems to only be other forum members trying to help, is this the only means of getting your problem solved, posting and hoping codemasters actually contact you with assistance, how long do I wait before just not bothering with the game at all and just leaving my money down the drain where it cuttently resides.

The only Codemasters staff member who posts to help with issues here seems to be BarryBL. I get the feeling responding to issues here is only part of his job though and there are more problems than he can seemingly take the time to address.

I've not tried but your other option it to try contacting Codemasters directly:

https://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

In my experience here since F1 2020 launched, most issues require a new software patch to resolve. The process is therefore that Codemasters are made aware of an issue by posts here, they then internally investigate and provided they are able to replicate this they then go on to produce a fix, test it, and then release it as one of a number of bug fixes in a subsequent patch. This obviously isn't a fast process though.

Edited by Ultra3142

4 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

The only Codemasters staff member who posts to help with issues here seems to be BarryBL. I get the feeling responding to issues here is only part of his job though and there are more problems than he can seemingly take the time to address.

I've not tried but your other option it to try contacting Codemasters directly:

https://www.codemasters.com/contact-us/

In my experience here since F1 2020 launched, most issues require a new software patch to resolve. The process is therefore that Codemasters are made aware of an issue by posts here, they then internally investigate and provided they are able to replicate this they then go on to produce a fix, test it, and then release it as on of a number of bug fixes in a subsequent patch. This obviously isn't a fast process though.

This true, i am sure thst it will have been passed to the devs gor invesyigation, just need to wait now

9 hours ago, drb1965 said:

Did you do a full reinstall or repair install ?

i reset windows, but i kept my files. 

Worked for me, but i have a lot of things to reinstall... I will update you

56 minutes ago, poggiaus said:

Worked for me, but i have a lot of things to reinstall... I will update you

Please guy, could you help me?

@BarryBL is there any update on getting this fixed? There seems to be a bunch of us can't even get the game loaded. I know there are several other issues that people are complaining about but at least they can play the game!!!

• Agree 2

@barryBL Same here any update from the Devs if they are even looking at this

What other files do they need i have already attached the following previously in this post along with another user

DXdiag

Crashfile .zip

Settings file

Ego dumper crash report

Hardware settings

@drb1965 have you tried resetting windows like @cmd2308 suggested as a workaround for this.

Also, to users who have added to this issue, can you please post:

•  Bug reports
  •  DXDiags
  • CrashFiles.

Helps us try to find patterns that are causing the issues. Thanks.

5 minutes ago, drb1965 said:

yes already tried this but it did not work for me

Might want to update your graphics drivers. Look a couple of months out of date.

since the crashdumps I have installed latest drivers and done all Microsoft updates

1.       Whether loading from desktop or Steam, EGO Dumper screen appears and that is as far as I get.

2.       PC

3.       Can not load the game so no version showing, was running 1.07 

4.       NA as game doesn't load

5.       In excess of 10. "Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too." Press Start!!! 

6.       Files verified via Steam.

7.       You want a video of the EGO Dumper screen - trust me - that won't tell you anything.

egodumper.log

DxDiag.txt

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@drb1965 have you tried resetting windows like @cmd2308 suggested as a workaround for this.

Also, to users who have added to this issue, can you please post:

•  Bug reports
  •  DXDiags
  • CrashFiles.

Helps us try to find patterns that are causing the issues. Thanks.

May be helpful to tell people which files they should attach and where they can find them

@drb1965 - My egodumper.log is in Steam/steamapps/common/F1 2020. First try and load the game (I know....again!!!) then make sure that the egodumper.log file 'Date modified' information matches the date/time of your attempted load. As for dxdiag, in the search bar (bottom left on your desktop screen) type in dxdiag and you will see the DxDiag Run Command option. Click on that and the programme will run.  You will see at the bottom of the page 'Save all information'. Click on this and then you are in a 'Save as' situation. Save wherever you want and this is now your dxdiag.txt file that @BarryBL is asking for.

Apologies if some of the above is over simplistic.