Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

PC - Game Not Loading Since Patch 1.08

Thanks for the reply , i have already attached all of these files but if is also useful to anyone else who has to attach them.  Hopefully, this gets resolved soon I am now having to talk to my wife instead of racing :classic_biggrin:

47 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

@drb1965 - My egodumper.log is in Steam/steamapps/common/F1 2020. First try and load the game (I know....again!!!) then make sure that the egodumper.log file 'Date modified' information matches the date/time of your attempted load. As for dxdiag, in the search bar (bottom left on your desktop screen) type in dxdiag and you will see the DxDiag Run Command option. Click on that and the programme will run.  You will see at the bottom of the page 'Save all information'. Click on this and then you are in a 'Save as' situation. Save wherever you want and this is now your dxdiag.txt file that @BarryBL is asking for.

Apologies if some of the above is over simplistic.

I know. I had to talk to mine for 30 minutes the other day - but there was a silver lining - at least she now knows what a DxDiag log is. 😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lurtz said:

1.       Whether loading from desktop or Steam, EGO Dumper screen appears and that is as far as I get.

2.       PC

3.       Can not load the game so no version showing, was running 1.07 

4.       NA as game doesn't load

5.       In excess of 10. "Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too." Press Start!!! 

6.       Files verified via Steam.

7.       You want a video of the EGO Dumper screen - trust me - that won't tell you anything.

egodumper.log

DxDiag.txt

I'm sure I've looked at your dxdiag before and you have missing microcode or BIOS optimisation / fixes

F14b 

dxdiag shows crashes when running Malwarebytes, uninstall it there were issues that were fixed in 4.2.0 but paid Malwarebytes is a no-no for gaming

There are two devices I want you to remove - the WiFi card and the headphones. Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml, verify your files on Steam.

Also what driver and firmware are you using on the Fanatec CSL Elite+? Also your wheel and pedals can be updated, wheel when connected to base, pedals when on USB.

When you verify correctly and launch from Steam play DX12 you should see a first run installing dependencies. 

Also your monitor is 16:10 1920x1200 please ensure you are not using display scaling.

@steviejay69 I am more than happy to do all of the above but not being as computer literate as some can I ask what do I do with F14b? I am guessing I run the Efiflash file but what happens then? As for my wheel, unfortunately the McLaren wheel is no longer supported by Fanatec and there seems to be some conflicting information on the Fanatec Forum as to what updated driver this wheel is safe with. Finally, if there is an issue with my computer, why can I still play F1 2019?

I am thinking that if I can run any other game, including f1 2019 it iis not my PC that has a problem it is something within 2020 ego engine that is broken.

20 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

@steviejay69 I am more than happy to do all of the above but not being as computer literate as some can I ask what do I do with F14b? I am guessing I run the Efiflash file but what happens then? As for my wheel, unfortunately the McLaren wheel is no longer supported by Fanatec and there seems to be some conflicting information on the Fanatec Forum as to what updated driver this wheel is safe with. Finally, if there is an issue with my computer, why can I still play F1 2019?

No you extract the archive for the file inside Z370HD3.14b, copy it to a FAT32 USB stick and restart your PC, hit F8 at boot and use Q-Flash to update your BIOS. EFIFLASH has to be used in DOS (it's archaic so don't bother). Chapter 2 of the manual explains.

You can update the wheelbase to v365 and flash the relevant wheelbase firmware, if there is an update for your wheel there will be a button to update it. No button means it's updated. It should work well with any updated wheelbase. Compatibility issues will likely be on consoles (for the same reason).

There are issues with v372/373 beta that I've encountered and have reverted to v365 and FW672 I have the CSL Elite 1.1 (XB1/PC).

F1 2019 is a different game to F1 2020.

The only other avenues are DDU the driver (446.14 is correct) or reinstall Windows. But I would still do the UEFI BIOS update.

OK - Lets play 'Computing for Idiots';

"No you extract the archive for the file inside Z370HD3.14b". I have no idea what you mean. As I said before I am happy to go along with this but I have to say that I am concerned, however, that this level of 'fix it yourself' (and that is absolutely no way meant as a criticism of your help in this - it is greatly appreciated) suggests that CM do not see this as a 1.08 issue and, therefore are not investigating it?

Edited by Lurtz
Clarity

2 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

Sounds very complicated to someone of my level of ability but I will give it a go.

I am concerned, however, that this level of 'fix it yourself' (and that is absolutely no way meant as a criticism of your help in this) suggests that CM do not see this as a 1.08 issue and, therefore are not investigating it?

I totally agree 1.08 should be investigated fully.  If it was a problem with my PC why would i be able to play for over 170 hours and into my third season before the release of patch 1.08

1 minute ago, Lurtz said:

Sounds very complicated to someone of my level of ability but I will give it a go.

I am concerned, however, that this level of 'fix it yourself' (and that is absolutely no way meant as a criticism of your help in this) suggests that CM do not see this as a 1.08 issue and, therefore are not investigating it?

You can trawl through the posts to see which issues are being tracked but it's difficult. We're not always told why something is occurring or when / if it will be fixed. At present, if they can replicate it there's a chance it might make a patch if they can see why it's occurring.

If it was a major bug then everyone would not be able to load 1.08. This is not being tracked, however a lot of issues are solved by simply updating the machines.

So that is the only avenue open. I hardly ever get crashes, if I do it's probably widespread and patched - sometimes quickly. All that's left are the gameplay issues....

Thank you for the comment.

3 minutes ago, drb1965 said:

I totally agree 1.08 should be investigated fully.  If it was a problem with my PC why would i be able to play for over 170 hours and into my third season before the release of patch 1.08

It could be your save game or a changed setting on the PC or in a driver or conflicting software or a Windows update, anything. The only way the updates can be fixed is if the update is installed and the telemetry or user feedback is received to see the pattern. It's not like your PC isn't in a constant state of flux and there is nothing you can do about it. Not updating creates the quandary in the first place as two identical pieces of hardware behave differently with different firmwares, different software releases and differing installed dependencies, different configurations. 

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

It could be your save game or a changed setting on the PC or in a driver or conflicting software or a Windows update, anything. The only way the updates can be fixed is if the update is installed and the telemetry or user feedback is received to see the pattern. It's not like your PC isn't in a constant state of flux and there is nothing you can do about it. Not updating creates the quandary in the first place as two identical pieces of hardware behave differently with different firmwares, different software releases and differing installed dependencies, different configurations. 

I have done everything that CM and others have suggested short of reinstalling Windows. And now you say that patch 1.08 is not being investigated even after many people are reporting that it has broken the game.  We do not even have the option to go back to the previous patch with was working

1 minute ago, drb1965 said:

I have done everything that CM and others have suggested short of reinstalling Windows. And now you say that patch 1.08 is not being investigated even after many people are reporting that it has broken the game.  We do not even have the option to go back to the previous patch with was working

So you are just going to do nothing and wait? It's an option.

There's plenty wrong with 1.08 but what when you can't start 1.09?

Edited by steviejay69

19 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Sorry, I was busy editing my reply when you replied to the un-edited version.......if that makes any sense:classic_blink:. Can you advise on how I "extract the archive for the file inside Z370HD3.14b"?

You said that if it was a major bug with 1.08 then no-one would be able to load but you forget that everyone here had the same issue, We were all getting EGO Dumper screens as we started the game under 1.07. Clicking 'Send report' cleared the dumper screen and allowed us to get into the game. After 1.08, hitting 'Send report' just killed the game.

1 minute ago, Lurtz said:

Sorry, I was busy editing my reply when you replied to the un-edited version.......if that makes any sense:classic_blink:. Can you advise on how I "extract the archive for the file inside Z370HD3.14b"?

You said that if it was a major bug with 1.08 then no-one would be able to load but you forget that everyone here had the same issue, We were all getting EGO Dumper screens as we started the game under 1.07. Clicking 'Send report' cleared the dumper screen and allowed us to get into the game. After 1.08, hitting 'Send report' just killed the game.

It's a compressed file archive (zip). It's basic Windows functionality. Double click it and in the uncompressed file window, send the file to your stick. 

Then there was a previously undiagnosed error in 1.07. It's obviously not statistically important enough to warrant investigation. 

1.08 might not load for more than one reason. Just because your games don't launch doesn't mean the game is necessarily at fault. If it was, no-one's would load or there'd be a pattern.

A lot of the time there are errors in the Windows installation. Again, it's standard diagnostic procedure.

• Disagree 1

Unfortunately, I disagree. I was running 1.07 until 1.08 was released.  No Microsoft patches, no driver updates, no new installations, no new hardware between running 1.07 and installing patch 1.08 therefore it must be something within patch 1.08. 

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2020 at 5:23 PM, drb1965 said:

1.       A detailed description of the issue. 

EGO Dumper, Since installing the game I get ego dumper whenever I load the game,  Once you close the dump report the game the continued to load, but now after patch 1.08 the game no longer loads

2.       Platform 

PC
3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Can not load the game so no version showing, was running 1.07 

4.       Game-mode? 

can not load so all

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Too many

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

Tried verifying files via steam

7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

Occurs after starting game

8.         [ For PC ] – Please add a DXDiag to your post.   

DxDiag.txt

Ran verify integrety of file last night checked PC was fully updated with graphics drivers and windows updates here are the logs and dump files for the above

DxDiag.txt

678677-20200903-080601-0.zip

egodumper.log

1 hour ago, drb1965 said:

Ran verify integrety of file last night checked PC was fully updated with graphics drivers and windows updates here are the logs and dump files for the above

DxDiag.txt

678677-20200903-080601-0.zip

egodumper.log

Your board is not updated

7C02v1E

this contains an AGESA update that drops support for older AM4 Athlon x4 CPUs & A-Series APUs in favour of newer Ryzen 3 CPUs. Highly recommend the AMD chipset drivers first.

Loads of compatibility fixes listed since your 2018 BIOS, the AGESA does contain any CPU microcode updates that may apply to your Ryzen 7 2700X.

Official support for G29 is GHub not LGS.

Disconnect the Wacom tablet and the SoundBlaster Headset (try testing without the software, 2015 W10 is not like 2020 W10) there was a firmware release in 2011 to improve mic pickup, you may already have it.

Also looks like you are running a McAfee product, I also recommend Windows Defender for ANY W10 build, 3rd party AV can be a source of issues. Uninstall and use McAfee removal tool (MCPR). Link to MCPR will expire in time (in case anyone reads this thread at a later date).

You are also getting crashes related to MSI Companion service (Dragon Center) and Razer SDK, please try removing all RGB software (including for Wraith Prism) - it is horrible for causing game crashes and glitches, stutter, blue screens loss of FPS etc. Also any tuning or USB charge software by MSI.

Same recommendations as above, if these yield no result then DDU 452.06 or reinstall W10.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Your board is not updated

7C02v1E

this contains an AGESA update that drops support for older AM4 Athlon x4 CPUs & A-Series APUs in favour of newer Ryzen 3 CPUs. Highly recommend the AMD chipset drivers first.

Loads of compatibility fixes listed since your 2018 BIOS, the AGESA does contain any CPU microcode updates that may apply to your Ryzen 7 2700X.

Official support for G29 is GHub not LGS.

Disconnect the Wacom tablet and the SoundBlaster Headset (try testing without the software, 2015 W10 is not like 2020 W10) there was a firmware release in 2011 to improve mic pickup, you may already have it.

Also looks like you are running a McAfee product, I also recommend Windows Defender for ANY W10 build, 3rd party AV can be a source of issues. Uninstall and use McAfee removal tool (MCPR). Link to MCPR will expire in time (in case anyone reads this thread at a later date).

You are also getting crashes related to MSI Companion service (Dragon Center) and Razer SDK, please try removing all RGB software (including for Wraith Prism) - it is horrible for causing game crashes and glitches, stutter, blue screens loss of FPS etc. Also any tuning or USB charge software by MSI.

Same recommendations as above, if these yield no result then DDU 452.06 or reinstall W10.

ok

Updated Bios and chipset 

removed all light software, Dragon centre, Wraith, corsair Razer

removed LGS and installed GHub for G29

disabled scanning on Mcafee

updated firmware on headset

reinstalled 452.06

Still game crashed on start

• Thanks 1

@drb1965, can you get a recording of the issue, so we can see where the game crashes, and also attach a savegame from your local files too. Many thanks.

14 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It's a compressed file archive (zip). It's basic Windows functionality. Double click it and in the uncompressed file window, send the file to your stick. 

Then there was a previously undiagnosed error in 1.07. It's obviously not statistically important enough to warrant investigation. 

So it is the Z370HD3.14b file that needs to be put on a pen drive? Does the pen drive need to be clean?

The 1.07 error....are you talking about the one I reported previously?

Hi @drb1965,

One of our devs has had a look at your crash dump, and fed back the following information:

[Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for rooksbas_x64.dll] - which means it's external software causing the crash. Looks like it could be the anti-virus software causing the crash potentially. "rooksbas_x64.dll" has also been reported as a file that can disguise itself as malware, so try the below:

Can you go offline (Important), disable anti-virus, then attempt to boot the game. Then feed back to me. 

20 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @drb1965,

One of our devs has had a look at your crash dump, and fed back the following information:

[Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for rooksbas_x64.dll] - which means it's external software causing the crash. Looks like it could be the anti-virus software causing the crash potentially. "rooksbas_x64.dll" has also been reported as a file that can disguise itself as malware, so try the below:

Can you go offline (Important), disable anti-virus, then attempt to boot the game. Then feed back to me. 

I have run steam in offline mode, uninstalled Antivirus, ran malwarebytes, and still get the same error 

4 minutes ago, drb1965 said:

I have run steam in offline mode, uninstalled Antivirus, ran malwarebytes, and still get the same error 

You may want to try going off completely. Also, could also try finding that DLL on their HDD, backing it up somewhere, deleting the original from that folder, then booting the game.