Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

PC - Game Not Loading Since Patch 1.08

7 minutes ago, drb1965 said:

I have run steam in offline mode, uninstalled Antivirus, ran malwarebytes, and still get the same error 

Finally got it backup and running.  It looks like the problem has been caused by trusteer endpoint.  I will do some testing but If anyone else has a similar peoblem please ask them if they have trusteer installed 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lurtz said:

So it is the Z370HD3.14b file that needs to be put on a pen drive? Does the pen drive need to be clean?

The 1.07 error....are you talking about the one I reported previously?

Doesn't have to be clean but does need to be in the root ideally.

If there was an error in 1.07 for some that has carried to 1.08 then there is an underlying issue.

5 hours ago, drb1965 said:

ok

Updated Bios and chipset 

removed all light software, Dragon centre, Wraith, corsair Razer

removed LGS and installed GHub for G29

disabled scanning on Mcafee

updated firmware on headset

reinstalled 452.06

Still game crashed on start

It might not sound much to you because of the effort but we are eliminating potential issues.

I don't think disabling McAfee goes far enough, you need to remove it.

On the positive side, your board is now a little more future proof. There should be some tidy bargains on AM4 when TR4 is mainstream. 🙂

Also ask your friends if there is an improvement in how you sound. :classic_cool:

Delete the hardware_settings_config.xml and verify your game files in Steam. This should start a first run.

Try setting the game to High and not Ultra preset, consider framecapping as you have a 75Hz display. Don't have the game 'optimised' by GeForce in the Driver.

17 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Result! Stopped Trusteer and the game loads.

Grateful thanks to @drb1965, @PJTierney and @steviejay69 for all their help in bringing this nightmare to an end!

I didn't do anything but yay!

(I only help out F1 with content and assets, not technical support 🙂)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Result! Stopped Trusteer and the game loads.

Grateful thanks to @drb1965, @PJTierney and @steviejay69 for all their help in bringing this nightmare to an end!

In retrospect, I do not install this extension as it is frequently out of step with modern browsers (Chromium-based, Mozilla-based, are there any credible others?)

It hangs the browser too (or it did when I ceased using it probably around 2008-9) after my business bank kept pushing it - I ignore their suggestions and their 'free' McAfee - I would not have either given. 

All it does is check your bank logins against non-banking sites. But seriously in 2020 if you are storing passwords in a browser, you need to be defrauded to learn the lesson the hard way.

@Lurtz upside is you updated your machine too 😉

I only loaded it last year after being pestered by Santander. Guess you live and learn.

• Agree 1

Fogive me for being ignorant but if you have a section on your forum called Technical Assistance where you are asked to fill out a sort of template of information and attatch log files one would assume the purpose of this would be for codemasters staff members to be here to investigate using all the provided information to determine what could be causing the problem and suggest possible fixes.

If this is not what happens and all we have to help us out is fellow forum members kindly making suggestions then what is the point of a technical assistance forum. It implies Codemasters will be the ones to offer technical assistance. Yes i see BarryBL here, thank you Barry, but how many of the members posting this issue has had the info they provided looked into, if its everyone or most of then it seems the info we give and the files we attatch is not enough to diagnose the problem as there has been no solutions yet. Nearly two weeks ago i bought this game and it still will not load and the only thing left for me to try is a complete windows 10 re install which i certainly do not want to do just so one game may or may not work. Cant even refund on steam as i spent too long trying to get it to work.

Its a shame as i was really looking forward to trying My Team mode as it looks incredible.

20 hours ago, energy88 said:

Fogive me for being ignorant but if you have a section on your forum called Technical Assistance where you are asked to fill out a sort of template of information and attatch log files one would assume the purpose of this would be for codemasters staff members to be here to investigate using all the provided information to determine what could be causing the problem and suggest possible fixes.

If this is not what happens and all we have to help us out is fellow forum members kindly making suggestions then what is the point of a technical assistance forum. It implies Codemasters will be the ones to offer technical assistance. Yes i see BarryBL here, thank you Barry, but how many of the members posting this issue has had the info they provided looked into, if its everyone or most of then it seems the info we give and the files we attatch is not enough to diagnose the problem as there has been no solutions yet. Nearly two weeks ago i bought this game and it still will not load and the only thing left for me to try is a complete windows 10 re install which i certainly do not want to do just so one game may or may not work. Cant even refund on steam as i spent too long trying to get it to work.

Its a shame as i was really looking forward to trying My Team mode as it looks incredible.

To be fair the devs did look at the Files and came back with the following suggestion

"One of our devs has had a look at your crash dump, and fed back the following information:

Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for rooksbas_x64.dll] - which means it's external software causing the crash. Looks like it could be the anti-virus software causing the crash potentially. "rooksbas_x64.dll" has also been reported as a file that can disguise itself as malware, so try the below:

Can you go offline (Important), disable anti-virus, then attempt to boot the game. Then feed back to me. 

By looking on the internet I found that Trusteer was found to cause problems in that particular file rooksbas_x64.dll, hence removing Trusteer software has now got F12020 working again.

I buy the game 2 day ago, and i have the same issue. The game don't start when i try to lunch from steam and EGO DUMP crash. Also directly to the exe.

I have the last update of windows 10 and nvidia driver. I try to lunch by administrator priviledge dont work. I try to verify the integrity of game file and all is ok but dont work. I try to reset hardware config by deleting the folder in document...no work.

I dont have Trusteer installed on my pc, no msi afterburn.... I also try to deactivate avast antivirus but dont work ...

I will attach the dump log and dxdiag.

I hope someone can help me...

thanks and sorry for my english.

DxDiag.txt

ego dumper log crash.txt

Edited by Maraxusblake

I had the crash report window come up on 3 different PC's so I knew the problem wasn't hardware related, After reading this thread I thought I'd try uninstalling Trusteer Rapport on my emergency backup PC. Game now runs 🙂

Since Rapport was installed for online banking I'll have to remove F1 2020 from my No2 pc and restrict banking to that one.

3 hours ago, RonGriffiths said:

I had the crash report window come up on 3 different PC's so I knew the problem wasn't hardware related, After reading this thread I thought I'd try uninstalling Trusteer Rapport on my emergency backup PC. Game now runs 🙂

Since Rapport was installed for online banking I'll have to remove F1 2020 from my No2 pc and restrict banking to that one.

I have not installed trusteer rapport on my pc...but i still have crash....maybe someone of the official support like @BarryBL can tell me something about my situation...

2 minutes ago, Maraxusblake said:

I have not installed trusteer rapport on my pc...but i still have crash....maybe someone of the official support like @BarryBL can tell me something about my situation...

Hi @Maraxusblake,

This seems like a separate issue, due to the time when you first installed the game. Can you create a new report please, following the below template, and tag me into it. Many thanks. Link below:

Link:

I'd recommend adding some video as well so we can see when your crash occurs.

24 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Ciao @Maraxusblake,

Sembra un problema separato, dovuto al momento in cui hai installato il gioco per la prima volta. Puoi creare un nuovo rapporto, per favore, seguendo il modello seguente e inseriscimi un tag. Grazie molto. Collegamento sottostante:

Collegamento:

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
  • EGO Dumper, since installing the game I get ego dumper whenever I load the game,  the game never start.
  • Platform
  • PC - Steam
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
  • I try normal DX11 also DX 12 and i have try -safemode in start option.
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • Yes
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • Just start the game from steam but also directly to the .exe
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 
  • I try -safemode to start option, i try verify all the cache of game. try to stop antivirus, try to modify nvidia option in control panel. try to delete hardware setting in documents folder. try to administrator priveledge to execute the exe.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
  • Mouse Corsair Nightswords RGB, keyboard Microsoft Wireless keybord 1000. Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB.  Gamepad Nacon BB5022.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
  • i send in attach file the video. and also dxdiag and ego dumper log of yesterday.

here the information @BarryBL

DxDiag.txt

ego dumper log crash.txt

Edited by Maraxusblake

Do you have Trustee Endpoint on your PC?

Also, have you tried verifying your Steam files? Can you also send over the crash dump file too, so I can pass it to a Dev to take a look at.

Thanks @Maraxusblake,

Have passed this onto a dev and will have an update and some potential solutions for you tomorrow. 👍

• Like 1

Dynamic scaling is active.

AURA software has been know to cause crashes. Lots of Corsair service problems in the WER.

Thanks @steviejay69

so i have to try to uninstall aura service and corsair software....i will try.

What about dynamic scaling? what you mean?

Edited by Maraxusblake

1 minute ago, Maraxusblake said:

Thanks @steviejay69

so i have to try to uninstall aura service and corsair software....i will try.

What about dynamic scaling? what you mean?

Was more a pointer for the CM people.

Uninstalling AURA and Corsair helps to eliminate them as a cause of crashing.

I've heard back from the developers on this, and it seems to be a issue regarding "[Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for KERNELBASE.dll]" This looks to be a Windows file. Are you on the latest Windows version? Your Windows may need re-installing potentially.

10 minutes ago, Maraxusblake said:

@BarryBL @steviejay69 

I follow your instruction....

I uninstall aura and corsair software...no change, always the same crash.

I attached the dump.

any more solution?

thanks

678677-20200909-130238-0.zip

CM need to either sort or make a FAQ for what the exact problem is with Nvidia cards (unless they're not allowed to blame Nvidia for the issues).

As an AMD user, I don't see these issues, it's not a swerve because I don't have the patience to troubleshoot the endless issues with this brand.

Sometimes reducing the settings preset helps, sometimes capping the framerates work, sometimes running in DX11 or sometimes running in Ultra High preset works (all these appear to keep the GPU utilisation high to reduce the likelihood of the card changing power states during play, often the workarounds are to alter the power management settings to Maximum performance, altering the card cooling profiles - by software or BIOS, etc.)

Whatever the issue is, it seems to be that the Nvidia users are constantly having to either tweak games or their card settings to get them to work properly.

After 2 weeks I gave up and reinstalled windows, now it works but now everything else has to be downloaded and installed, all for one game not working and no idea why.

• Thanks 1