Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP! Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Advanced Wheel Settings

Hi all, just decided to upgrade from a pad to a wheel and I'm unsure how to set up my wheel. I find that I'm always locking up no matter on what setting it is on. I also suffer fro the wheel being too sensitive despite being on thrustmasters lowest setting. I was 3 seconds a lap quicker on the pad than I currently am. Does anyone else use this wheel and have their settings that I could use? Thanks

I could do with some help. As there is no D-pad I cant change the fuel mix and if I want to talk to the engineer without using the the kinect, once again I cant talk to him as I have no D-Pad on the wheel. Using the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider. You having the same problem SCFCTOMMO?

No mate as there is a D pad which is the engine start button you should be able to navigate the menus that way. How are you finding the driving with the wheel? I'm really struggling!

Finding it really hard, its nearly been through the window twice. Might be just me, but cant seem to get a feel for it 

same here, being driving a mclaren for the past 4 hours trying to get used to the game, jumped in a mercedes and it feels a lot better.

I left it on default and with just one blink on the wheels own sensitivity settings to be honest and found it works okay. I'm no expert on wheel settings though so there could well be a better setting.

insane79 said:
hows this wheel with the game? its fun or the controller is better?

Cheers.

get the wheel I have it and love it.alot better than a pad.

I could do with some help. As there is no D-pad I cant change the fuel mix and if I want to talk to the engineer without using the the kinect, once again I cant talk to him as I have no D-Pad on the wheel. Using the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider. You having the same problem SCFCTOMMO?

you change the fuel mix with the  engine start button think you press it down.press the B button the talk 2 the engineer but hold it down as you talk.hope this help.

Here is the best setting for the xbox one when i use my steering wheel i have the 458 spider and it makes a huge difference also when you first turn on your wheel dont touch anything not even the wheel press your brake pedal down all the way 3 times it resets the sensors so they work better this is info about pressing the pedals from 10 turn studios themselves. Now go check these setting you will drive way better...http://xboxracingpro.com/forza-6-steering-wheel-settings/

Way to change settings is by hitting Y and B (I think) and the gear shifters at the same time. You should see the light flash a number of times. I think it has 4 cycles with 4 being the heaviest setting.
As for lock ups, you shouldn't really be going full pressure on brakes unless you're coming down a long straight and even then you should be releasing pressure slowly after a second or so.
The Thrustmaster Spider version is a "good" entry level wheel but it has no FFB which is pretty important IMO if you want to make better progress with driving a wheel.