Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2018 Official Router and Firewall settings

Joshua666Jk

I need to know the real accurate router and firewall settings to run F1 2018/2019 in Multiplayer mode. Google searches return so many different peoples opinions of what they think are the correct Windows firewall and router settings should be and yet following those I still get ERROR Unable to join session every time I attempt to join a multiplayer race, and when I host my own race no one every joins which could mean simply no one every joins after hours of being hosted in the lobby but I suspect that no one can join due to improper firewall/router configuration on my end. Currently I believe (found on at least 3 different Google searches) that ports 6112-6122 and 27000 thru 27037 both UDP and TCP along with port 4380 UDP need to be forwarded at the router to the PC's IP address and those same port opened on the PC's firewall. However, since I have done this without  success I would like to see the CODEMASTER's official guidelines on this. DNS Setup; Router-Help.com

Much Thanks.

11 hours ago, Joshua666Jk said:

I need to know the real accurate router and firewall settings to run F1 2018/2019 in Multiplayer mode. Google searches return so many different peoples opinions of what they think are the correct Windows firewall and router settings should be and yet following those I still get ERROR Unable to join session every time I attempt to join a multiplayer race, and when I host my own race no one every joins which could mean simply no one every joins after hours of being hosted in the lobby but I suspect that no one can join due to improper firewall/router configuration on my end. Currently I believe (found on at least 3 different Google searches) that ports 6112-6122 and 27000 thru 27037 both UDP and TCP along with port 4380 UDP need to be forwarded at the router to the PC's IP address and those same port opened on the PC's firewall. However, since I have done this without  success I would like to see the CODEMASTER's official guidelines on this. DNS Setup; Router-Help.com

Much Thanks.

Something I've asked for time and time again. 

Port forwarding is not required if the UPnP implementation on the router is not flawed. For many (UK) SOHO or domestic ISP routers it seems to be okay or there would be a huge amount of posts on the forums. The problem begins when people use esoteric (old or obscure) pieces of kit and use budget or mobile service provision.

Also as far as software firewalls go, the W10 Firewall does not need any further configuration other than if / when prompted the first time the game is used online. Third-party security suites can become an issue as they also then have specific steps to enable or disable the firewall levels. 

No-one would recommend the use of DMZ to configure a games machine or console. If your NAT type on console is Type 1 then you are fine, people may use the online connectivity in a limited fashion on Type 2 and or Type 3.  A DMZ can be used temporarily to prove if a firewall configuration is the issue, but however tempting it may be it is NOT a solution.

There were many reports of connectivity issues related to OS - nothing to do with firewall, older OSes that are now unsupported and may still be unpatched will be the issue for many. Looking in the wrong places. Far easier to upgrade to W10 than face issues with W7 or W8.1.

This also assumes local connectivity is consistent. Using a wired connection to a PC or Console is preferable to the contention of WiFi. WiFi with low or variable bandwidth due to range and / or congestion is another reason as to why connectivity fails as the bandwidth requirement for the game is quite high in multiplayer mode. Latency then affects playability.

Good luck.

Archived