Red flags

Last time we had red flags was F1 2014. I cannot say that Codies removed red flags because of the Ego Engine limitations, if 2014 was powered by Ego, as well as 2020, so I believe they need to bring back red flags and not removing them. I really have to agree with ya.

• Agree 1

To make sure the pixel safety crew safely clears the other pixel debris that's dangerous to the rest of the pixel environment in a virtual world? Or what else the purpose?

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

To make sure the pixel safety crew safely clears the other pixel debris that's dangerous to the rest of the pixel environment in a virtual world? Or what else the purpose?

Fair point.

Also, given the issue of safety car bugs ruining races I'd personally be inclined to not risk adding red flags into the mix.

• Agree 3

It would be a great addition to the game but considering the way they implemented the SC for several years now ...

Just the random standing start in the middle of a race and being able to change tyres without “putting” was my point 

Red flag must be in the game .. just a simple feature BECAUSE we talk about an official video game and that rule is missing 😉 or would it be great to have a FIFA game without a red card???????? @BarryBL

Edited by FIE
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 2

5 minutes ago, FIE said:

Red flag must be in the game .. just a simple feature BECAUSE we talk about an official video game and that rule is missing 😉 or would it be great to have a FIFA game without a red card???????? @BarryBL

That's an invalid comparison, actually, because association football needs the bookings (yellow cards) and sendings off (red cards) to function and avoid becoming similar to Calcio Fiorentino. Granted, you can adjust leniency in the games. But, racing games operate just fine without red flags, which are left out so players aren't sitting around for an hour waiting for a serious wreck to be cleared.

5 hours ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

That's an invalid comparison, actually, because association football needs the bookings (yellow cards) and sendings off (red cards) to function and avoid becoming similar to Calcio Fiorentino. Granted, you can adjust leniency in the games. But, racing games operate just fine without red flags, which are left out so players aren't sitting around for an hour waiting for a serious wreck to be cleared.

You wouldn’t sit around for... time you would get an option to goto the restart, do repairs/change tyres. Same as FIFA with the red cards

• Agree 1

On 9/8/2020 at 7:29 PM, TurkeySloth2107 said:

players aren't sitting around for an hour waiting for a serious wreck to be cleared.

Mate, more creativty please!!! While there is a red flag out on track you can choose your new set of tyres, take some time to think about your strategy... And if Codemasters would be creative, we could walk up and down in the pit lane to get more F1 feeling (Hamilton / Vettel Monza 🚴‍♀️)... Going into the broadcast menu and you can take a look at the previous highlights of the session (because red flags aren't just for the race, it could be in every session). You will receive a time on your gaming screen from the FIA until the session resumes. Waiting isn't a disaster in that game (just sarcastic saying "loading screens"). >>>>> it would be a game changer for every session and you can have some good or bad luck with a red flag. You starting your pole lap after you waiting in the pit for a long time, but there was a massive crash and the session is stopped = you lost one set of tyres.. It's part of Formula 1 and their rules. So @BarryBL and dear Codemasters, where is the problem to implement the red flag into the game?

Codemasters F1 games are for me pretty sterile and predictable and it has nothing to do with Formula 1 if you have no impending danger from a red flag. Same with the boring and predictable weather system (example: If the rain stops I already know the track is completely dry after 3 laps in a 100% race... no puddles off the track, no visible clear dry line.. far too little spray etc. but thats already another big topic)...

I'm really desperate with Codemasters. 

• Agree 1

No, I'm sorry. Red flag would add nothing to the game from my perspective. Comparing it with red cards in FIFA is just wrong. You should compare it to a football match being stopped for several minutes because of weather or fans misbehaving. We don't have that in FIFA, because it wouldn't add anything to the game.

Red flags are very rare. At the moment some people can complete full seasons without SC. Getting a red flag would be even less common. Why add something to the game that you will only encounter once every 200 or even more races?

• Agree 1

Red flag is a FIA rule, and should play a role in the official F1 Video Game. The argument, that this rule add nothing to the game is wrong. Othewise, red flag add nothing for the F1 and the FIA.

18 hours ago, Falstojudilofa said:

No, I'm sorry. Red flag would add nothing to the game from my perspective. Comparing it with red cards in FIFA is just wrong. You should compare it to a football match being stopped for several minutes because of weather or fans misbehaving. We don't have that in FIFA, because it wouldn't add anything to the game.

Red flags are very rare. At the moment some people can complete full seasons without SC. Getting a red flag would be even less common. Why add something to the game that you will only encounter once every 200 or even more races?

That’s a much better analogy than I had running with OP’s comparison.

OP, it’s a universal rule in every racing series, including non-FIA-sanctioned ones, and they aren’t in those games either. Hell, they aren’t even in the Forza or Gran Tourismo games, which are in-house originals. Thus, there’s no way CM will add them to the F1 games.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107
  • Agree 1

Why is there no way, CM will add the red flag into the F1 Games?

The red flag is the ordenary flag for secure the stewards during the race. When no way is free trough the debris of a accident.

And the more important flag for racing teams then the yellow one during the T1, T2 T3 and the Q1, Q2 and Q3.

Debris on track during these events, the red flag is the only flag, which match to such a scenario.

Or will you send out the safety car in such a moment, in T and Q sessions?

There aren’t physical stewards in the games. Thus, you’re asking CM to add extra character models as well. Do you, honestly, think they’d add something that’d add nothing at all to the game when they have game-breaking bugs to contend with? I don’t in a million years.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

No, i asked CM to add the red flag for the game, not to add new characters. I play always in the single modus. And when a accident occours, its my fault, and the race is immediately over. But in the multiplayer modus, i can imagine, that a accident leaves debris on the track, where no way is through, which can be past by a velocity of 80 Km/h. Not also the safety car can pass this part of the track. So, the red flag is the right flag for this situation.

My wish for a "new charakter" in this game is, that  i can walk around as driver. So, i can be a part of the driver meeting before the race. And, if i reach a place on the podium, i can see the action from the drivers perspective. But this wish has absolutly no priority.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, Falstojudilofa said:

There's a lot of different ways and idea's a red flag can be added for example extreme weather or barriers at monaco impeding the track if it happen's in real life why not in the game after all the game is supposed to be official. A botched rewrite of the game engine in 2015 is the reason why red flags are not still in the game and that game was bearbones at best. 

Thankfully with new things like my team it's a step in the right direction. Maybe in the future we could see

• localized weather,
  • race starts from the end of the pitlane,
  • quick change of tyres during qually instead of being pulled into the garage taking to much time,
  • An enolving racing line over the course of a race 
  • Choice of race engineer from Geoff as I miss Andy      
Edited by Chromatic
  • Like 1

In my opinion red flags can be added to the game. But the rate of occurrence of red flag should be very low (lower than the rate at which a safety car appears).

But the only advantage i see of a red flag is that you get a free pit stop without losing time for that stop. Other than that, there could either be a standing restart or restart behind a safety car. But having a red flag in practice sessions in the game makes no sense. Red flag will make sense only in the race in the game.

Even if red flag is introduced in the game, there can be an option given to fast forward the time directly to the restart (something like how we skip/ fast forward repair time in garage in practice/ qualifying sessions).

• Agree 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:34 PM, Falstojudilofa said:

So I lack the opportunity to immerse myself. That's loathsome.

10 hours ago, Davi Javarini said:

So I lack the opportunity to immerse myself. That's loathsome.

3 in the last 2 F1 Races! Don't forget the ones that spoil Quali hot laps too

On 9/14/2020 at 2:28 AM, Maffoom007 said:

3 in the last 2 F1 Races! Don't forget the ones that spoil Quali hot laps too

That was an abnormality. Before Monza, the last red-flagged race had been Baku 2017. So it's not that common at all.

• Agree 1