Ranked needs serious rework

Ranked at the state that it is now is a bad joke.

5 lap races are filled with rammers. You do a good quali doesn't matter there is ALWAYS some ******* ramming you in first or second corner from the back of the pack. Then they leave game after they have succesfully ruined your race. Damage needs to be changed to simulation and rammers need a ban to ranked games because now people just abuse it if they have a bad quali or start they will just aim to destroy someone elses game with it. Other option is to not have collisions on, this will obviously degrade realism but will effectively stop ramming.

But thats not the only problem with rammers. Lets say you are in middle of 2 cars and someone rams you. Not only your race is ruined your wing most likely needs a replacement. The most absurd thing however is when you didn't do anything wrong and if you hit the car in front of you because someone rammed you on the back YOU GET A PENAULTY, LIKE SERIOUSLY YOUR GAME GOT RUINED BY A RAMMER AND IN ADDITION YOU MIGHT GET PENALIZED. Doesn't take a large mind to understand that in a race 5 laps long this means your race is over.

Then there are driving assists... The game allows player to choose if they use assists or not. Like what the actual ****? Assists DO NOT BELONG IN RANKED. It's like having the option to use wallhack in cs:go rankeds for example. Assists just have no place in ranked gamemode. Assists can make huge difference in a game especially if it is raining. Once more assists do not belong in ranked games.

Then the car itself. Even when having assists off you can just step on full gas most scenarios and the car lacks realistic torque, unless you have spun over thanks to someone ramming you or if you just make a mistake, then at low speed the car suddenly has super torque and just slight use of gas re spins the car around. So worst case scenario looks like this. You do a good quali and start let's say 2nd or 3rd. You start fine but first corner you get rammed so hard you hit the car ahead of you spin around and lose your front wing get time penalty for hitting the car ahead and takes forever to rejoin the track since suddenly the car has more torque with same gears and level of gas pedal control. Gas pedal control should play more of a role while qualifying and racing, currently gas pedal control only truly matter after you spin.

Brake testing also plays a role. If you are trying to bypass someone ahead of you they can just make sure you are close enough brake in a position you wouldn't normally brake. Resulting in no damage for the brake tester they usually don't even spin while the car behind almost always spin and get a penalty and ALWAYS lose their front wing doesn't matter that they actually didn't do anything wrong.

With these things in mind the ranked system in it's current form is mostly a bad joke.

Edited by Lexei1992

Assists are fine in ranked. If you are a good driver you are faster than people who drive with assists. Putting the damage on simulation just means you aren’t going to finish most races because someone will take you out

Yes I understand the problem with simulation damage and rammers but something needs to be done because they are completely ruining the ranked experience. One answer is completely removing collisions but i'd rather not see that happen.

What comes to assists when you look at time trials records almost in every single map the top time was made by a player that has all assists on. So the trade off value is too small compared to the fact that automation makes sure that you won't make mistakes with pedal control. While you MIGHT get a slight time advantage not using assists the time lost thanks to just 1 mistake is much greater than the time gained. And now let's consider the game we are playing. It's F1 game. There is no electrical traction control allowed in F1. When playing ranked to point is to find out who is the most skilled player, thats kinda the whole point of a ranked game right. But when assists are available it instantly stops being about who is the most skilled driver. A guy might be master rank but is actually far worse driver than a bronze player who doesn't use assists and as I already established this kinda breaks the point of a ranked game.

Now let's also consider the fact that codemasters do the same game every year and charge over 60€ for it. With that kind of money the game should evolve not just by dlc content.

Edited by Lexei1992

Please don't be confused with time trial leaderboards, the all assists on players on the top of the boards used cheats. This is a known issue.

• Agree 1

Okay that explains it a bit. Still however if you do use assists you might lose let's say a second per lap. 5 laps thats 5 seconds. Single mistake made without assists costs minimum of 30 seconds or the entire race. The trade off isn't balanced imo. Using assists should penalize more than they currently do if they need to exist in a game mode where skill is on the test not program automation.

Edited by Lexei1992

I'm all for no assists in ranked lobbies, but then I think they would be dead. For something like this they need cross platform play.

• Agree 1

On 8/27/2020 at 4:38 PM, Lexei1992 said:

Okay that explains it a bit. Still however if you do use assists you might lose let's say a second per lap. 5 laps thats 5 seconds. Single mistake made without assists costs minimum of 30 seconds or the entire race. The trade off isn't balanced imo. Using assists should penalize more than they currently do if they need to exist in a game mode where skill is on the test not program automation.

The trade off is fair because if you use most of the assists you will be very slow. You can only use a few assists to be a little bit competitive with the fast no assist drivers. You can still make mistakes with using assists 

So the concerns in OPs comment are extremely valid. My main concern is this penalty system that you guys can't seem to figure out and somehow keep making it worse. I should NOT be getting a time penalty due to be rammed from behind on the first corner then give a track limits warning plus a broken wing before i have even begun racing. Then you penalize up to 30% or more for these infractions leaving me to race with 'C' license idiots. Plus one clean race even in wet weather you only award maybe 6 or 7% points and no more. That's insane! You simply cannot have a penalty system that's so harsh when 90% of incidents are caused by other drivers. 

Please just start banning drivers from Ranked lobbies altogether if you guys have no plans to improve this ranking system. However it works, it doesn't work well and leaves many people just letting AI drive for them now which has created it's own host of other issues. Either give the license to a developer who can make a genuinely enjoyable and fair online racing experience or fix the problems that's have plagued it since forever. 

• Agree 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:09 AM, ragequit1 said:

Please don't be confused with time trial leaderboards, the all assists on players on the top of the boards used cheats. This is a known issue.

How have they not fixed this issue yet? Someone in a ranked lobby ran Brazil in literally 1 minute flat! So this is not just in the time trial mode. 

Now that I have tried my best to not to cause incidents and reached S grade Safety Rating all the lobbies are empty. It's a bad tradeoff. If you want to have good races without people who just ram each other you are facing empty lobbies thanks to your safety grading. In a sense driving safely is actually penalized the way ranked lobbies work at the moment. 

• Agree 1

Here's some more. This time around I spin thanks to guy ramming his car into me for 4 consecutive times and trying rejoin track I get disqualified... It's insane how stupid the penalty system is.

I understand to you guys... 

1) Ramming is so wrong and anoying and ruining whole game... and worst thing is that you are trying your best and some a*****e rams your car you hit someone else and your safety rating goes down the road, you get penalty and very often ruined car... I hate that.. I mean I love racing even if I suck at it... but this destroys whole game

2) assists in ranked... I understand that ranked should be about skill but if so... I wouldnt be able to play with polite and good racers because in unrannked I would be rammed all the time... I never learned to drive with manual gears or without assists... I have just breaking on off settings... trust me... If I have lucky I end up like 4-5th ... mostly worse... I see guys literally flying without assists and I am like... oh god I would love to learn this... but trust me.. I tried... never worked for me... thank god I am able to play with players at safety rank A-S because lower players are just animals... that´s a wildlife... 

Ussing Assists is Not the Issue 

mit is unfair driving / Ramming / changing Lines to offen /

By the way - some drivers are quicker with driving aids zehn others who drives without

To me That is Not the Point - it is Slow unfair Drivers