Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

MY TEAM Driver Transfer Bugs

1.       After 9 seasons through 2 careers I have noticed major bugs with the Ai driver transfers

• After the 1st season (when there are a bunch of transfers) the Ai no longer makes organic driver transfers based on performance etc.
  • After the 1st season Ai driver transfers only happen if:
    • A driver retires (usually takes a GP2 driver)
    • You nab an existing teams driver (usually replaced by your driver)
  • After the 1st season I have not seen the Ai teams drop or move a driver by any other means except the 2 points above

2.       Pc
3.       1.01-1.08
4.       My Team
5.       9 seasons over 2 careers
6.       Started a new career after patch 1.07
7.       T300 and fanatec CS pedals
8.       yes- Screenshots show many teams unchanged after 3-4 seasons and majority of moves happened after season 1. I have more recent seasons but the lineup is unchanged because I kept my drivers.

F1 2020 Screenshot 2020.07.25 - 09.22.20.33.png

F1 2020 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 08.08.03.00.png

F1 2020 Screenshot 2020.08.20 - 08.07.08.69.png

• Agree 1

New season an I sign Bottas and only move is Ai takes my old driver.

Something is broke please fix as its boring and unrealistic.

@BarryBL can you please take a look as its pretty obvious after the 1sy year the Ai make no organic driver moves.

F1 2020 Screenshot 2020.08.28 - 10.23.36.100.png

• Agree 1

Driver transfer activity is not working correctly, it's more or less non-existent. If there are transfers, they only happen in the first season, always due to a retirement. And after that, no more transfers are made. I have not seen a single example of a general (i.e. not retirement related) transfer activity.

Version: 1.15
Platform: PC
Mode: Driver Career

I've experienced only 2 instances of transfer activity, both related to Rakkonen retiring, over approximately 7 seasons in 2 or 3 saves

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm adding to this as I, and others, are still experiencing this issue in both MyTeam and Driver Career. There have been multiple threads about this issue since the release of F1 2020 and nothing has apparently been done about it.

Edited by s00zster

Hi everyone,

On this issue, its very much a 'user experience may vary' here. Compared to 2019, there are fewer driver moves per year, as what we had reported back to us last year (at later stages) indicated a exceptionally high amount of transfers, which was somewhat unrealistic. Most years (apart from next season), there usually isn't too much in terms of driver movement, and big switches only happens for a number of reasons:

1.  Drivers retiring
  2.  'Domino' effect of a top team signing a midfield star. For example, Ferrari dropping Vettel and replacing him with Sainz in the upcoming season in real life, triggered changes at Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Racing Point/Aston Martin and Red Bull. If Ferrari keep Vettel, the changes of ALL of the same changes happening are slim.

I can add it to investigate for future titles and projects as we are always trying to find the balance of a exciting world to be a part of, and a model that is true to the sport, however, a movement on the current method on F1 2020 is highly unlikely as we did investigate this at the start of the game cycle. 

It would be good, if this could be investigated for future titles (or maybe even for this title). The system in F1 2019 was unrealistic, because there were too many driver changes, the system in F1 2020 is unrealistic, because there are too few changes.

I did not have a single change for three consecutive seasons (and since no driver is going to retire, i doubt that there will be a change in the next season). In real life this would mean that there are no changes in three consecutive years. At least the backmarkers would dismiss drivers for financial reasons (like Haas did with Magnussen and Grosjean), but this is not reflected in the game by now.

• Agree 1

Agreed. IRL there can be a minor move or two per season due to underperforming drivers or contracts expiring. We're not asking for Hamilton to go to Ferrari or Leclerc to go to Red Bull (only in exceptional circumstances, perhaps like a 10% chance of something huge happening) just organic stuff, especially just so that we can get a proper gradual intake of F2 drivers.

For instance, if Giovinazzi doesn't do well in one season, then Alfa Romeo could get an F2 driver in to replace him. It's not a retirement, he just didn't do well enough and it's a straight swap. Adversely, if Raikkonen didn't do well, he would be less likely to leave due to his reputation, they'd be more willing to hang onto him.

I've no idea if this is how the game is modelled right now, but if it is, it isn't working correctly. Same with @Davidj7077 I've gone several seasons without a single transfer occurring, and it's disappointing because, obviously, that's the whole point of driver moves being in the game in the first place and secondly it takes away from the drama and change of the game world. I get to the end of a season and there's no changes and it's just a big letdown.

• Agree 1