F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

Fix time trials.

There are so many bugs I dont knwo where to start. Can you hire someone that actually plays the game so you can get informed? It's really bad. Look at this ****.

20200825_205951.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I have the same problem, after a time period spent in time trial, you will face up with a empty list.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AdrianLennon said:

Would love to know how your time trial works ?

It will work fine. It just doesn't show you the times in the menu

9 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

It will work fine. It just doesn't show you the times in the menu

So if it doesn’t show times means it’s doesn’t work ?

I see times in TT without issue.

Talking about this here is POINTLESS though. For those with an issue the only way that this is going to be looked in to is if proper bug reports are posted in the relevant section. 

• Like 1

I find that if I give it enough time when I open the menu to properly load before I start pressing buttons, all is fine. The problem only appears if I start pressing buttons before all the times load. However @Ultra3142 is 100% correct, a bug report must be properly submitted before we can expect a fix. It's not an issue if you display some self control and wait for the times to load.

43 minutes ago, Getts0388 said:

I find that if I give it enough time when I open the menu to properly load before I start pressing buttons, all is fine. The problem only appears if I start pressing buttons before all the times load. However @Ultra3142 is 100% correct, a bug report must be properly submitted before we can expect a fix. It's not an issue if you display some self control and wait for the times to load.

Doesn't work for me. Only restarting the game does. Usually the leaderboards load fine the first time, but after doing some laps and going back to see the times, they've often disappeared. I could wait an hour and nothing will happen. I'm on PS4. There's been bug reports about it since release so I see little point in writing up the same thing umpteenth time.

Not a major problem for me, though. The game loads up quickly enough. My problem with TT is that some tracks are not well-made. For example in Canada one can wallride almost any wall at speeds that would cause a DNF without invalidating the lap.

• Agree 1

One reason to post proper bug reports now is to show the issue is happening with the latest patch (assuming that's what you're using). If you want/expect anything to happen you need to make it clear this is a current issue.

But just keep pointlessly posting in this thread if you don't want anything to change.

• Agree 1

@janbonator

I agree with you, it's not a big deal for me either. It just seemed to me if I gave it time to load everyone's times, then started to move between screens/menus the issue appears less frequently. As for wall riding, I've also seen it at Manaco.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

One reason to post proper bug reports now is to show the issue is happening with the latest patch (assuming that's what you're using). If you want/expect anything to happen you need to make it clear this is a current issue.

But just keep pointlessly posting in this thread if you don't want anything to change.

The patch notes said nothing about trying to fix the issue. Unless one believes bugs can magically disappear without someone fixing them, it has been a current issue since release. All my friends have the same issue, I haven't heard it would work with anyone. If Codemasters received a million+ bug reports on the matter, they wouldn't even read all of them.

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Times often vanish off the TT leaderboards, sometimes you set a time and it doesnt even upload. That was a bug from the last game which has carried over to this years version. 

The TT times are also unrealistic, a 57 second lap in a mclaren with full assists around Austria? Ok then. V easy for codemasters to remove these false times but they havent yet.

I submitted a bug report about the TT glitch where people can use flashbacks to cheat, and it's still in the game. It ruins leagues because a lot of leagues base their tiers on pace, and there is now no way to tell if anyones time is legitimate or not.

The online side of this game is massively neglected.

Edited by zZ A M P Aa
Grammar
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

I submitted a bug report about the TT glitch where people can use flashbacks to cheat, and it's still in the game. It ruins leagues because a lot of leagues base their tiers on pace, and there is now no way to tell if anyones time is legitimate or not.

The online side of this game is massively neglected.

This is the "bug report"? Posted here, on the Chat?

Screenshot_20200826-115520(1).thumb.png.343c8c33ccab1a0dea49aa324587af07.png

• Agree 1

When that bug was found out codemasters were made aware of it by the online community, there is no way they dont know about it. 

2 hours ago, zZ A M P Aa said:

When that bug was found out codemasters were made aware of it by the online community, there is no way they dont know about it. 

I still think a thread here giving full details so that Barry can try to replicate the issue is far more likely to get you somewhere than relying on some vague notion that Codemasters must 'know about it'. Particularly as it isn't an issue affecting everyone such that the details clearly matter.

Dude go on time trials and see for yourself. If you think a realistic powered mclaren with full assists can do a 57 second lap around Austria then I'd like to see that replicated. 

Posted (edited)

@Ultra3142 not to mention his complaining about multiplayer being neglected while he neglected all the official ways and standards of reporting a bug himself.

People act like filing a proper bug report is like jumping over hurdles purposely put on by developers to discourage consumers from complaining or like serving as a paying beta tester for a company. Not to say about not dispensing a moment thinking about the reasons behind all those fields in the report template. It baffles me.

Feels like they never had to troubleshoot a mid forties/fifties parent through a session of "my PC isn't working" over the phone. Dude I don't even pick up if they don't disclose upfront via text all the "not working" details and their troubleshooting steps! And I'm talking 'bout mommy who wiped my arse until I was way older than I'm willing to admit!

Edited by marioho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

I still think a thread here giving full details so that Barry can try to replicate the issue is far more likely to get you somewhere than relying on some vague notion that Codemasters must 'know about it'. Particularly as it isn't an issue affecting everyone such that the details clearly matter.

I just scrolled through the bug report section. There are topics on the matter since the start of July and they keep appearing on almost every page for as long as I bothered to scroll them.

There are threads that say the issue is solved, and threads (with the right template) that have not generated any kind of response.

Doesn't really encourage me to spend an hour recording, editing and uploading videos on it.

• Agree 1

Are you guys talking about the same bug? The one I was referring to and I think @Ultra3142 jumped in here at the end is about using flashback to magically gain tenths of seconds somehow.

10 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I just scrolled through the bug report section. There are topics on the matter since the start of July and they keep appearing on almost every page for as long as I bothered to scroll them.

There are threads that say the issue is solved, and threads (with the right template) that have not generated any kind of response.

Doesn't really encourage me to spend an hour recording, editing and uploading videos on it.

There was an issue at launch with PS4 time trial leaderboards that I think was fixed with the very first patch. This is partly backing up my point about highlighting this as a current issue. 

Multiple people posting on the same thread is also more likely to get attention I think.

9 hours ago, AdrianLennon said:

So if it doesn’t show times means it’s doesn’t work ?

Yeah. You can still set your time on time trial. Its eventually appears online whatever time you did.