Project Cars 3 for Global Civilisation

Posted (edited)

Dear Codemasters, 

We have seen the future, and the future is Project CARS 3

Everyone, and I repeat, ever9one involved in the masterpiece of Western civilisation called Project CARS 3 should stand proud and erect 

For what a great leap forward this work of art represents

Truly, it should be exhibited 24/7 in the Uffizi. 

Congrats on the purchase of SMS, Codemasters, you have shown the world what love of art brings to the soul over base commerce. 

IAN BELL FOR PM

Edited by Jake Cushing

I am not too worried at the moment, as I'd like to think the powers that be at Codemasters will have seen how the previous incarnations of the DiRT series (and the differing approaches taken by each) have been received. 

They have already declared what directions the DiRT teams are heading in, and the fact that there are two teams makes me hopeful that the DR series is going to remain sim-orientated.

The only thing I can seeing potentially being a factor is the WRC license. Is there an expectation that a licensed WRC game needs to be more accessible? Even if that is the case though, hopefully the underlying game will be sim-based (and will we get another DR game between now and the next CM WRC title?)

• Like 1

I've heard the word 'no' many, many times in my life... 

And can safely say this is one of the best occasions 

• Like 1

On the flip side of this, do you think that the codemasters influence of two separate dirt franchises could be passed on to project cars to insure a full sim and another arcade title, thus keeping each side happy without upsetting the other?

to a certain extent it already happened in the transition between DR1 and 2.

DR2 is a flashier game with some things that hardcore fans dislike in order to appeal to a (slightly) broader audience. and the driving physics are improved.

PC3 is somewhat similar: some of the sidebar stuff that sim fans think is important has been stripped out in favour of something that targets slightly more casual players, but the underlying driving model and physics are exactly the same from what I've seen (which is a pro driver in @2Technical not finding any differences whatsoever).

please don't @ me with things like "but you didn't mention this and this and this". yeah, I know. it's an analogy. I'm looking only at the overall presentation of the game and the physics model. chill haha

7 hours ago, Jake Cushing said:

So, PCARS 3 has launched to much controversy, but also to very good reviews in the mainstream press. This is potentially scary for us.

Imagine if what happened to PCARS fans happened to us... that Dirt Rally 3.0 dialled-down its 'simulator-ness'? We'd be rightly horrified.

I can think of two reasons why it hopefully won't happen that way:

1. DR2.0 was a financial success, and the sequel is in the hands of Ross Gowing and others behind 2.0. Would they ditch realistic physics and handling? They know their fanbase want ever-more authenticity and realism, right? Right??

I'm definitely horrified.

Not only because of arcady physics and gameplay wich more and more dominates the racing game genre, it's the Fortnitification wich annoys me hard.
Forza Horizon 4, The Crew 2, DiRT 5 and Project CARS 3, to name a few, are all disgusting looking racing games in my view.

Bright awful looking colors just everywhere, just to say "hey look, colors, wohoo".
Start/Finish/within the race firework explosions for whatever reason.
Always a commentator, who doesn't stop talking nonsense.

Just to keep the attention high for the 10 year old Fortnite mayfly crowd.

I watched a 8 minute gameplay vid of Project CARS 3 yesterday and there were already 3-4 things i'd asked myself: "could I disable that?"

7 hours ago, tbtstt said:

I am not too worried at the moment, as I'd like to think the powers that be at Codemasters will have seen how the previous incarnations of the DiRT series (and the differing approaches taken by each) have been received. 

They have already declared what directions the DiRT teams are heading in, and the fact that there are two teams makes me hopeful that the DR series is going to remain sim-orientated.

That is just PR-talking.
I'm a gamer since around 25 years.
If I learned one thing in my favourite hobby, than you need gameplay material to prove it.
Or atleast a concrete plan from the officials.

They could keep the awesome physics, but still ruin it with idiotic design decisions.

I want authenticity, not only in the physics area of the game.

Honestly: DR2.0 just needs a proper offline career mode with team contracts and proper seasons were you move up the classes and some sort of progression.
The rest of the game is quite perfect in my view.

6 hours ago, PJTierney said:

No.

Prove it!

I know, too early.

1 hour ago, ianism said:

DR2 is a flashier game with some things that hardcore fans dislike in order to appeal to a (slightly) broader audience. and the driving physics are improved.

Hm? I don't see much difference to the previous entry in that area.
Any examples?

(I didn't @ you, I quoted you 😜)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I'm definitely horrified.

Not only because of arcady physics and gameplay wich more and more dominates the racing game genre, it's the Fortnitification wich annoys me hard.
Forza Horizon 4, The Crew 2, DiRT 5 and Project CARS 3, to name a few, are all disgusting looking racing games in my view.

Bright awful looking colors just everywhere, just to say "hey look, colors, wohoo".

Superb, I love the passion

And 'Fortnification' is a great way of putting it 

It's true, garish colours are the order of the day. 

When the subtlety, if not the sometimes outright drabness of reality is *actually more immersive*

1 hour ago, Jake Cushing said:

And 'Fortnification' is a great way of putting it 

Ha, I thought I was the only person that came up with that word 😄 

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Ha, I thought I was the only person that came up with that word 😄 

p sure it was the word 'fornication' that was practically invented by you good sir

I used it to describe how Forza Horizon turned from a largely single-player open-world series into a FOMO-based GAAS with Forza Horizon 4 🙂 

• Agree 1

Oh. My. God.

Becky, look at that PCARS 3

I've just played it for the first and last time.

This game is truly hideous, and you can see exactly what @UnderclassGDfan was referring to. Contrast levels are set to berserk. The game makes Ridge Racer look like a 17th century Dutch portrait taken indoors during a dark day.

My eyes will keep bleeding into the night from what I've seen

The game is janky, frame rates are all over the place, and there is grotesque POP-IN (Xbox ONE X!!)

Handling is atrocious, cars are simultaneously jerky and unresponsive

The whole thing has an aura of cheapness, like the old Carry-On movies or an episode of Benny Hill

This is such a step backwards from PCARS 2 it isn't funny.

PC3 is dope. Nice clean menus, good graphics, more accessable physics. Pit stops and tire wear is boring, I just want to ram idiots out the way and come first with no damage to worry about while blasting around in my bugatti

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Just when I thought I had a machine that would run new games, this and Microsoft Flight Simulator come along. Suddenly, my Subaru looks like a Mini again!

Anyway, it does go to show how great PCARS 2 is. 

I've gone back to it on the Xbox, and it's an amazing amount of game for a console. Tinker with the FoV and head tilt, look to apex etc settings, and its incredibly immersive. 

Not to mention realistic and playable with a controller. 

60 fps - it's the best circuit racing sim on console, bar none. 

Going to forget 3 exists, quick smart. 

I hope they remove all the stupid Project Cars 3 advertising from DR2.0 soon. 

They just completely blanket-bombed the game with this stupid stuff.

Really annoying.

Posted (edited)

Sorry guys,  

Pcars3 has to be the worst game I've ever raced on 

It favours pad over wheels, 

The tyre temperature is strange and grip levels are even stranger, 

I've raced in sim and arcade for many years and all my friends who bought pcars3 basically said same as me,

Its rubbish,  💿 cd box  

For pcars3 and clearly states controller with no mention of wheel,

Look at pcars1 and pcars2 and it clearly stated controller and wheel, 

Pcars3 was made for very casual people who like GT SPORTS  

Sorry to burst your bubble, 

I got a full refund 3 or 4 days later, 

To say this is the future of all racing games is pretty shocking TBH ,

Overall score from most players and most sites 5/10 

Those are facts sadly, 

Certain cars  pixels look strange and everything you can do on pcars2, apart from livery, 

Another note , people who spend more time doing liverys then actually racing,  

Why not buy paint by numbers 🤔

Grid 2019 is a far better game, 

Another false fact that has been circulating is only 8% only ever used pits in pcars2, 

Also we were told the pit stops were taken out of pcars3 early in the build,.

Fact,  they were never ever in any part of pcars3, 

And finally,  Pcars1 lasted 2 years, 

Pcars2 is 3 years old and still growing stronger, 

There are thousands of leagues worldwide, 

Point being the longevity of pcars2, 

That see how long the longevity is for pcars3 and thats see in 3 years time 

6 months i give pcars3 at most before its completely dead in the water, 

And ian has admitted it has nothing to do with pcars franchise  

Pcars3 is based on (SHIFT)

Do you know why they stuck with the name pcars3  basically to milk every little bit of money from the pcars name, 

I sincerely apologise if I sounded somewhat harsh but its the truth

I sincerely hope everyone who has bought pcars3 throughly enjoy their time racing on pcars3. 

All the best. 

Edited by senna94f1