F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

MyTeam...long time motivation and future improvements

Posted (edited)

So, i managed to end season 3 at MyTeam. Won Driver and constructor championship, while AI and difficulty slowly increasing as my car gets better, got Tatiana Calderon as team mate and i hope she will be in F1 2021, too, even if she isnt a F2 Driver this year.

But at the beginning of Season 4 i wonder what to do. Season 3 had no changes in R&D, so ich could spend all points in developing new stuff instead of saving the points for adjusting parts which were affected by rule changes. So now my R&D is unemployed, alkl is researched and all builduings are upgraded. Tatiana and my driver are battling about getting Place 1 or 2 in every race. So whats left for me? 7 seasons of boredom in my all woman team?

To be honest...MyTeam lacks long time motivation...so i looked about how this game mode could be better:

1. Give me an all woman team. I want a Carla and no Carl. Go away Jeff, give me a woman. And...stop calling Tatiana "he" when talking about team mates performance in race. And yes, even if Tatiana Calderon isnt driving F2 in 2020, let her be in F1 2021. I want my woman F1 team 😉

2. Why cant i decide which strategy and enginge party my team mat has to use? I am the head of the team and Tatiana keeps being DNF because her enginge collapsed.

3. Why is my R&D finished after 3 seasons? Why should i continue to drive for another 7 seasons? Why should i do training sessions now?

4. Why cant i give my teammates any race orders?

5. Why cant i design my F1 car? I mean, we have many ugly painbtings but the design of the car is the same.

6. Why is the AI of my team mate so bad that Tatiana is only able to perform well when the car is above all other cars? Seriously, mid season 2 my car performance was second to Mercedes, but Tatiana struggled to get into Q2 in qualifying. Only at Season 3 Tatiana was driving with me at position 1 and 2. That was annoying in past games and is still annoying. The team mate is only able to perform well if the car is superior.

Edited by Sugandhalaya
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Fully agree, after season 3 there is pretty much nothing else to do except just drive. I still don't know why there is a limit on r&d, it should be unlimited. Also there should be an option on how fast you want to progress, I get that some people will have more fun by winning the championship after 3 seasons but there is a lot of us that want it to take longer. I like the myteam mode in general but the game is just way too easy and just kills the fun in my opinion. We should be able to keep upgrading our facilities, car and driver all the way through those 10 seasons.

Whats your Ai lvl if i may ask. Like not trying to be a douche, but if its not at 110, then how can you make this statement. NOW i am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're on max difficulty. But you do see where i am coming from right? Like i said not trying to sound like an ass

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MichaelDecker said:

Whats your Ai lvl if i may ask. Like not trying to be a douche, but if its not at 110, then how can you make this statement. NOW i am giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're on max difficulty. But you do see where i am coming from right? Like i said not trying to sound like an ass

This has nothing to do with difficulty mate, it's about the fact you have a fully ugraded car and facilities at the end of season 3 and there is nothing else to do beyond that really. The only thing that will happen is r&d resets but when it does happen you will easily have enough resource points to adapt all of them so nothing will actually change. I am currently simming through a few seasons and I'm almost at the end of season 5 with 111 million dollars and 14k resource points even after just being hit with all departments being changed except durability. What else can I do with the money? Nothing. Same goes for r&d, there is nothing to upgrade anymore.

Edited by Jordutchy
  • Agree 1

How can they have Calderon in the game and not have a "she" and "her" prefix for when she's being addressed. That's a little surprising.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Jordutchy said:

This has nothing to do with difficulty mate, it's about the fact you have a fully ugraded car and facilities at the end of season 3 and there is nothing else to do beyond that really. The only thing that will happen is r&d resets but when it does happen you will easily have enough resource points to adapt all of them so nothing will actually change. I am currently simming through a few seasons and I'm almost at the end of season 5 with 111 million dollars and 14k resource points even after just being hit with all departments being changed except durability. What else can I do with the money? Nothing. Same goes for r&d, there is nothing to upgrade anymore.

Sorry mate thought a higher level made it difficult or atleast different as to leveling up. I guess its all depends on the luck week to week goes. I believe we get too many R&D points and tuning that may fix your issue (obviously codies have to do that). 

2 hours ago, MichaelDecker said:

Sorry mate thought a higher level made it difficult or atleast different as to leveling up. I guess its all depends on the luck week to week goes. I believe we get too many R&D points and tuning that may fix your issue (obviously codies have to do that). 

No worries, yeah that would be one way to fix it. There is plenty of things they could do to make it better but I don't think they will as the r&d progress hasn't really changed these past few years unfortunately. I honestly don't know why codemasters is creating a 10 season career mode when you have nothing to upgrade anymore in terms of r&d and the facility even before you get to season 5, it also shouldn't be a guarantee that you get the best car on the grid eventually in my opinion.

I'm already done pre-ordering the game because of all the bugs it has at launch each year but I might be done with the game in general because of things like this. Don't get me wrong I love F1 but we need more options in the game to create a fun experience for everyone and something to continue playing for in long term. I only like to play F1 offline because well, online there is always those idiots that take you out on purpose which kills the fun there too. It's a shame, I really hope codemasters decides to change things and give more options to suit everyone.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MichaelDecker said:

Was in same position as aither hot half way threw S3 top of tables . Didn't upgrade the car at all in S3 as all the other yes weren't upgrading apart from a couple of minor upgrades . Any ways after last patch and learning Lewis was retiring at end of season . Which threw my future driver Lind up out of window . I decided to start again . This time time thow I won't be buying the recourse points generator in department upgrade . So going to see what difference that makes .  It said in a previous post that codies should of had when you get the regulation change the departments with the regs should reset as well . That way you have something to spend the money on after the 3td season . It's also something I think codie should be able to sort out in a patch az well

On 8/27/2020 at 4:24 AM, PaulLynch said:

Was in same position as aither hot half way threw S3 top of tables . Didn't upgrade the car at all in S3 as all the other yes weren't upgrading apart from a couple of minor upgrades . Any ways after last patch and learning Lewis was retiring at end of season . Which threw my future driver Lind up out of window . I decided to start again . This time time thow I won't be buying the recourse points generator in department upgrade . So going to see what difference that makes .  It said in a previous post that codies should of had when you get the regulation change the departments with the regs should reset as well . That way you have something to spend the money on after the 3td season . It's also something I think codie should be able to sort out in a patch az well

And that may be what is giving us the advantage. Like honestly i don't know how they R&D works for the Ai. It should be exactly like ours. I wish there was a way to tell if they're going broke so some departments get shut down. Maybe like how the email works before a race weekend, say "Today Renault shut down so and so factory". Or what level their facilities are. My car because 2nd best now overall the best in season 2. I had few that failed and if they did already had the R&D to fix it. Season 2 tho there's another reset and idk if i can get them all in time. Probably can lol. But i agree as I've been playing more

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2020 at 6:37 AM, MichaelDecker said:

Surely if playing on a higher difficulty, and with fewer assists, it will be harder to achieve resource points and therefore level up? Would this not likely make it take more seasons to achieve a maxed-out situation?

The OP may indeed be playing at 110 AI and with no assists but if not then starting a new career with these settings changed might be one way to provide a new challenge? 

This is not to dismiss the issue of being able to reach the development limits, which the very best players will do even at the maximum difficulty. I guess from Codemasters' point of view they also have to consider more 'average' players who will likely never get to this point. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the same thing happen in the more conventional career mode in F1 2019?

On 8/27/2020 at 9:39 AM, Jordutchy said:

I only like to play F1 offline because well, online there is always those idiots that take you out on purpose which kills the fun there too. It's a shame, I really hope codemasters decides to change things and give more options to suit everyone.

Have you considered racing in an online league? 

Edited by Ultra3142

On 8/30/2020 at 8:40 AM, Ultra3142 said:

Have you considered racing in an online league? 

I haven't raced in a league since F1 2015 because the people from that league were almost just like any other lobby and was also badly organised.

I know there's many leagues out there and things might and most likely will be different but still, I don't think I want to be committed and be there every single time.

I like the fact I can just race whenever I want right now, I usually just do a GP race at any track/distance I feel like doing at that moment.

• Like 1

On my end this game has turned into a Lewis Hamilton simulator because I'm starting to destroy the CPU.

Maybe I should up it to 110, I went from 90 to 95 to 105 in less than 2 full seasons lol.

26 minutes ago, Ryne said:

On my end this game has turned into a Lewis Hamilton simulator because I'm starting to destroy the CPU.

Maybe I should up it to 110, I went from 90 to 95 to 105 in less than 2 full seasons lol.

Maybe try starting again from the beginning on 110? It would be a good experiment for this thread's discussion if you did :classic_smile:.

On 8/26/2020 at 2:01 PM, Sugandhalaya said:

So, i managed to end season 3 at MyTeam. Won Driver and constructor championship, while AI and difficulty slowly increasing as my car gets better, got Tatiana Calderon as team mate and i hope she will be in F1 2021, too, even if she isnt a F2 Driver this year.

But at the beginning of Season 4 i wonder what to do. Season 3 had no changes in R&D, so ich could spend all points in developing new stuff instead of saving the points for adjusting parts which were affected by rule changes. So now my R&D is unemployed, alkl is researched and all builduings are upgraded. Tatiana and my driver are battling about getting Place 1 or 2 in every race. So whats left for me? 7 seasons of boredom in my all woman team?

To be honest...MyTeam lacks long time motivation...so i looked about how this game mode could be better:

1. Give me an all woman team. I want a Carla and no Carl. Go away Jeff, give me a woman. And...stop calling Tatiana "he" when talking about team mates performance in race. And yes, even if Tatiana Calderon isnt driving F2 in 2020, let her be in F1 2021. I want my woman F1 team 😉

2. Why cant i decide which strategy and enginge party my team mat has to use? I am the head of the team and Tatiana keeps being DNF because her enginge collapsed.

3. Why is my R&D finished after 3 seasons? Why should i continue to drive for another 7 seasons? Why should i do training sessions now?

4. Why cant i give my teammates any race orders?

5. Why cant i design my F1 car? I mean, we have many ugly painbtings but the design of the car is the same.

6. Why is the AI of my team mate so bad that Tatiana is only able to perform well when the car is above all other cars? Seriously, mid season 2 my car performance was second to Mercedes, but Tatiana struggled to get into Q2 in qualifying. Only at Season 3 Tatiana was driving with me at position 1 and 2. That was annoying in past games and is still annoying. The team mate is only able to perform well if the car is superior.

This is why we need sliders to let players be able to choose the speed of the car development and a bunch of other things