Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2020 | 1.15 PATCH NOW LIVE Read more... ×

Start a fast lap after qualifying time has run out

Full and short quali after time runs out, start extra time with 2 minutes, if you start your lap during the extra time the game allows you to continue running and complete the lap, the correct thing would be after the end of the quali, if you pass the finish line you can't open another lap, right?

Correct. Lets just say you pass the finishline with 10 seconds on the clock you can complete the lap and the time set will count. Starting the lap when the time has run out and the extra time starts shouldn't result in a laptime that counts.

yes, but there is a bug that you can complete the lap even if you open the lap after time

In that case, please fill out a proper bug report. I have also editted the title to make it more clear.

• Agree 1

Can confirm this. Alot of people have left the pits after others have been chequered flagged and still able to set a valid lap time.

• Agree 1

1. I can start a quick lap after the chequered flag, during the 2 minutes of extra time, I can open the lap and close it, the right thing would be after the quali time is over, I can't open the lap anymore

2. steam

3. 1.08

4. Short and full qualy in online races

5. video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721926024, starts in 02:58:00, he leaves the pit with less than 1 minute to finish the quali, he started the lap in extra time and finish it.

video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721926024 , starts in 02:58:00, he leaves the pit with less than 1 minute to finish the quali, he started the lap in extra time and finish it. The bug is only happening in online races, I tested it in offline modes and the bug does not happen.

2 minutes ago, LaminaZ said:

video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721926024 , starts in 02:58:00, he leaves the pit with less than 1 minute to finish the quali, he started the lap in extra time and finish it. The bug is only happening in online races, I tested it in offline modes and the bug does not happen.

Unranked? Ranked? Leagues? 

Have you attempted to replicate this issue, or noticed it in other lobbies. If so, can you get a report code, which is done by Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left hand corner of the screen (16 digits) in-game

Have seen this since the Beta actually, unfortunately my bug wasn't seen (those were busy times so not meant in a bad way😅).

You can always do this in a Short Quali (18 minutes), and I've seen it in Unranked only so far. But Ranked is always OSQ and I rarely play League mode.

11 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Have seen this since the Beta actually, unfortunately my bug wasn't seen (those were busy times so not meant in a bad way😅).

You can always do this in a Short Quali (18 minutes), and I've seen it in Unranked only so far. But Ranked is always OSQ and I rarely play League mode. 

Will get this sent over to the online testing team. I'll wager my qualifying Friday in the Forum Championship trying this. Its Monaco, so I'll lose a wing by L1 anyways.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LaminaZ said:

Unranked, never tested in ranked. The bug always happens in unranked.

With online team for testing now, thanks @LaminaZ. If you experience it, please add the report code. I'll try myself Friday in my league session.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Will get this sent over to the online testing team. I'll wager my qualifying Friday in the Forum Championship trying this. Its Monaco, so I'll lose a wing by L1 anyways.

Lol @BarryBL you look to be confident of losing the front wing in L1 of Monaco GP 😅

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Its Monaco, so I'll lose a wing by L1 anyways.

@BarryBL Could you please fulfill the official bug report. Ok, just kidding.😉

Edited by RS Phil
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, kart12talwar said:

Lol @BarryBL you look to be confident of losing the front wing in L1 of Monaco GP 😅

Confident is a understatement. I guarantee at least 1 front wing change. Just a massive bottlejob at Monaco

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Confident is a understatement. I guarantee at least 1 front wing change. Just a massive bottlejob at Monaco

I agree with you completely 😂 I have tried so many times to learn the track so that i dont go for multiple pit stops in the Monaco GP. But i end up making a couple of pit stops more than everyone

• Like 1

I can confirm this is not happening in 1/10 cases but literally every time (at least in League Lobbys).

We are having this issue in every league race.

We use full qualifying, 100% race. Bug available in every Quali session.

Edited by MisterJohnny420

On 8/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, BarryBL said:

With online team for testing now, thanks @LaminaZ. If you experience it, please add the report code. I'll try myself Friday in my league session.

You also need to let them know about the similar bug that shows the wrong timer session when spectating - for the spectators, the session ends exactly 1 minute too early. Also, cars don't automatically retire if they are in the pits when the timer runs out.

• Agree 1

Happens in any unranked lobby with short quali I have done. As long as you leave the pits with time available on the session you can start a hotlap after timer reaches 0

Edited by GFORCE_S3RV3R

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the feedback on this. We have replicated and is now with developers. 

• Thanks 3