Jump to content Jump to content

Start a fast lap after qualifying time has run out

Full and short quali after time runs out, start extra time with 2 minutes, if you start your lap during the extra time the game allows you to continue running and complete the lap, the correct thing would be after the end of the quali, if you pass the finish line you can't open another lap, right?

Correct. Lets just say you pass the finishline with 10 seconds on the clock you can complete the lap and the time set will count. Starting the lap when the time has run out and the extra time starts shouldn't result in a laptime that counts.

1. I can start a quick lap after the chequered flag, during the 2 minutes of extra time, I can open the lap and close it, the right thing would be after the quali time is over, I can't open the lap anymore

2. steam

3. 1.08

4. Short and full qualy in online races

5. video here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721926024, starts in 02:58:00, he leaves the pit with less than 1 minute to finish the quali, he started the lap in extra time and finish it.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LaminaZ said:

video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721926024 , starts in 02:58:00, he leaves the pit with less than 1 minute to finish the quali, he started the lap in extra time and finish it. The bug is only happening in online races, I tested it in offline modes and the bug does not happen.

Unranked? Ranked? Leagues? 

Have you attempted to replicate this issue, or noticed it in other lobbies. If so, can you get a report code, which is done by Main Menu > Game Options > Settings > Bottom left hand corner of the screen (16 digits) in-game

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, ReimvomSchleim said:

Have seen this since the Beta actually, unfortunately my bug wasn't seen (those were busy times so not meant in a bad way😅).

You can always do this in a Short Quali (18 minutes), and I've seen it in Unranked only so far. But Ranked is always OSQ and I rarely play League mode. 

Will get this sent over to the online testing team. I'll wager my qualifying Friday in the Forum Championship trying this. Its Monaco, so I'll lose a wing by L1 anyways.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, LaminaZ said:

Unranked, never tested in ranked. The bug always happens in unranked.

With online team for testing now, thanks @LaminaZ. If you experience it, please add the report code. I'll try myself Friday in my league session.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Confident is a understatement. I guarantee at least 1 front wing change. Just a massive bottlejob at Monaco

I agree with you completely 😂 I have tried so many times to learn the track so that i dont go for multiple pit stops in the Monaco GP. But i end up making a couple of pit stops more than everyone

• Like 1
On 8/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, BarryBL said:

With online team for testing now, thanks @LaminaZ. If you experience it, please add the report code. I'll try myself Friday in my league session.

You also need to let them know about the similar bug that shows the wrong timer session when spectating - for the spectators, the session ends exactly 1 minute too early. Also, cars don't automatically retire if they are in the pits when the timer runs out.

• Agree 1