Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Unable to join ANY multiplayer session

Posted (edited)

1.       This issue hit me literally overnight, i was playing fine a matter of hours ago now it just gives me "failed to join the session" every time i try and loading into a lobby. The first few times the game gave me error code kmr5 but after following other guides in a effort to fix the same issue the error no longer shows, only "failed to join the session". I do also want to point out that it takes far longer for the game to even load the session list in the first place when you click on unranked in multiplayer
edit: after verifying game cache KMR5 error code is back

2.      game version 1.08 (edit: pc steam, apologies for not including but the very fact I have to make an account to the forums in the first place is a bit absurd isn't it?) 

my report code is MACT-GBDB-EBCT-JTVG

3.       any multiplayer mode

4.       Every time i try a multiplayer lobby it happens, i tested other games (halo MCC and f1 2019) to see if the issue is connection related, both halo and f1 2019 work fine so this is clearly f1 2020 related 

5.       This is my first time encountering the issue but it now happens 100% every time

6.       The issue in this post below is very similar but seemingly not the exact same, I followed the solution given by user Astigog but no luck. I also followed the troubleshooting guide attached on the forums front page and verified steam files.

7.       on pad btw not that it matters

Edited by CheggyBeRacin
further clarification / detail

Posted (edited)

Clearly missing PLATFORM information, jeez people, read the threads! Although for a first time post, attempting to use the template is applauded.

From profile info, it's PC Steam

Edited by steviejay69
unnecessary detective work

PC running the latest patch. Unable to enter any lobby. Error Code NM17 for Ranked and Error Code KMR5 for Unranked. 

My friend is also getting this error. He restarted PC, router, verified game files and it happens. He managed to get in second time though.

Same thing is happening to me.

Played last night no problems at all. 

verified game files restarted everything and still error. 

Posted (edited)

Seems to be a widespread issue. I restarted all the network equipment on the way and my laptop as well. Same result.

Edited by notsomahsoom

Exact same issue, was working fine yesterday can't connect to ranked or unranked today same errors.

I got the same problem ..

PC platform with good internet connection, because i can play many other game wihout probelm. FIX THIS!!!
everything's fine lastnight but today! i cant play any multiplayer mode!~! 
image.thumb.png.ef51db5006cc5a630faafe4980e52a6c.pngPC

We can't even do private lobbies now... What the hell? Leagues can't go on like this.

Damn just intalled the game. Well time to go to bed then and hope to it being fixed tomorrow. Seems most people cannot join now on PC steam.

Yes same here. Tonight was race day and we wanted to finish our first league season. Unfortunately we were not able to race due to this connection / server issues (PC Steam). I'm not sure if it's a F1 specific problem or if it's a steam problem. Anyway, pretty disappointing. 

• Like 1

Having the same issue. Yesterday on my last race for the night I was kicked out of race with message I lost connection to steam. Today I am not able to play any multiplayer game. 
PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

That is a big joke. I`m like other people unable to play online using steam edition. Everything is okay in-game until i want to connect to ranked and also unranked game session. Just had the same situation like KenanKafedzic when i was playing some ranked game and after 3rd lap i was kicked out of a game because of internet/steam connection. After that i wasn`t able to join any session. Shame on you Codemasters! You have to fix that ASAP!

I only have two season challenges left to complete and there both multiplayer challenges with the inability to join an online session on steam

and only 5 days left of the season, Codemasters fix the problem soon please or extend the season I only have so much free time to play video games

Same issue yesterday .Started as KMR5 and then NM14 the whole time .... ! Kinda frustrating 

I had the same problem yesterday night, went to sleep and this moment 10.24h it's still the same. "failed to join session"

• Like 1

i also have the same problem NM14 and KMR5 errors since yesterday, before it was all fine

image.png.b810b6eef717cd562ae786aaad4bc87a.png

Posted (edited)

I can confirm I have the same issue as everyone else in this thread. This clearly seems to be an issue with Codemasters' servers. I would very much like a Codemasters official to respond to this thread letting everyone know that they are aware of the situation.

Edited by Glorion

I have exactly the same issue and many more. 

Using steam. latest updates. 

It's unbelievable there is no official response to this. 

Posted (edited)

Its been a day now and no response from anyone at codemasters isn't a very good sign. If anyone does see this on the support team i'd at least like the opportunity get a refund if there is no fix, please include the channels to do so in your response.

Quick update, someone on reddit suggested continually trying to join the same session a total of 10ish times, ive tried this with no luck but others may want to attempt this. Simply ask a friend to host a lobby for you and spam join it over and over. This seemed to work for a few people but not the majority

Edited by CheggyBeRacin
typo