Jump to content Jump to content

Milestone advice?

Riotracing88n

"Total Air Time 2" unlocked when my total time in the stats screen said 30.683. I guess all things considered I shouldn't be complaining about it but so far it's been pretty hard to tell what's being added & what's not. It seems like the game would rather count a little hop, skip and jump than it would when the car is actually up on 2 wheels about to flip over for multiple seconds. Is that the extra 30 seconds it's counting but not displaying?

Also, with "Feint Drift III" and "Near Miss III" is there any way I can see how many I actually have? Maybe a way to track in game? If I complete the requirements but crash after and not get the points does it still count towards the total?

Are there any tips for completing drafting III? I have 10 mins of it through the career & I still have no clue how to actually get it to keep counting in game without it being hit or miss. Same question if I crash and it goes away do I still get the points?

On 8/27/2020 at 6:15 AM, Riotracing88n said:

"Total Air Time 2" unlocked when my total time in the stats screen said 30.683. I guess all things considered I shouldn't be complaining about it but so far it's been pretty hard to tell what's being added & what's not. It seems like the game would rather count a little hop, skip and jump than it would when the car is actually up on 2 wheels about to flip over for multiple seconds. Is that the extra 30 seconds it's counting but not displaying?

Also, with "Feint Drift III" and "Near Miss III" is there any way I can see how many I actually have? Maybe a way to track in game? If I complete the requirements but crash after and not get the points does it still count towards the total?

Are there any tips for completing drafting III? I have 10 mins of it through the career & I still have no clue how to actually get it to keep counting in game without it being hit or miss. Same question if I crash and it goes away do I still get the points?

Don't think you get airtime when you flip over completely. As you said it's only when you do little jumps or hops over the track. Getting up on 2 wheels is another milestone entirely but I find that one very hard to get consistently.

No way to track drifts and near misses. You just have to keep at it and one day it will unlock. I got near misses just from playing career mode (trick is don't qualify so you have more cars to pass). For drifts I made a huge post about it here: https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/49680-airtimedrift-milestones-non-unlockable-liveries/

Drafting easy way to farm, just set 99 laps (or whatever length you have time for) Indy Oval with Mini. It's a slow car so you'll be able to stay behind someone easily. If you're about to overtake them just let off the gas so you stay behind them and keep farming the time. IIRC even if the XP meter fills up the time still counts, but if you crash it doesn't.

I agree the milestones section are not very well thought out. No trackers for most of them and very grindy. Apart from the 2 wheels one I got all of them though so it's possible. The grind for Around The Globe trophy is way way worse.

7 hours ago, GTPLeGeNd1 said:

I agree the milestones section are not very well thought out. No trackers for most of them and very grindy. Apart from the 2 wheels one I got all of them though so it's possible.

besides, races you don't finish don't count so you don't really know what real distance you actually ran in game. there should be a two whole distance counters and a time for hours spent in the game.

the statistics are also annoying because when you want to compare your times, the script does not remember the settings and you have to set all search form again and again when you guess what variant of the track you are looking. if at least in the settings it displayed the map of the I am looking for.

since they decided to share statistic section and promote logging in to RaceNet in each of their games, it was necessary to do it much better

Archived