F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

Time Trial Cheaters

is there ever going go be a proper way to get these cheaters off. Like this is my 1st F1 ive put time into and trying to get faster but how am i suppose to know my level when the 1st guy i picked (4th i believe, thought the top would be cheaters, just not up to the 4th spot) and as soon as you cross the line, they have like a speed boost, and every turn they take they boost. Why don't games give a **** about these anymore. I remember back in the day these actually were legit for the most part and it felt like and accomplishment. I just wanna know how they can cheat on the ps4. Like ya im not fast but i know cheats when i see it

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's the same on Xbox too. They need to fix it and if need be reset the leaderboard, I want to know the setups copying are actually genuine.

8 hours ago, MichaelDecker said:

4th i believe, thought the top would be cheaters, just not up to the 4th spot

The true top time is likely to be close to other true best times I think, so ignoring all those that look quite a bit faster could be one guide? The true top time will also probably be with no assists.

here the same. 

on monza a 1,12 is not possible, and on france a 1,17. 7 seconds faster than the number 2.

codemasters do something about it, delete times and ban these guys. 

IMG-20200831-WA0000.jpeg

15988597166978091763465286748998.jpg

• Agree 1

I know it's frustrating but you may be better to blank out the names on your sent post because it's against forum rules to name an shame on the codies forum. They do need sorting though I fully agree @mrddevil

You can pretty much ignore any time that was done with no setup change and still got top times. I also tend to ignore any time that would not count as a WR, which means any with driving aids on.

Might be difficult to catch all cheaters, but it would be good if they removed the obvious ones that are seconds faster than is vaguely possible to do. Certainly gets harder if they have to decide if someone is cheating when times are only in the tenths of a second.

They either don't have the staffing capacity to deal with these types of things or they just don't care. Any one person with a functioning brain who plays this game can enter a TT Leaderboard and pinpoint which times are not possible. One staff member could probably bang this out in one 8 hour day. Sit at a desk and go one track at a time. A clear BS time.... deleted. Once all are satisfactory, re-visit this task every 2 weeks or so to stay on top of it. 

Posted (edited)

Technically speaking, there's no guarantee that Monza's top is a cheater because of margin of error. Simple maths show it to be 1.023% faster. For the record, I consider second spot, or first known legit time, -1.5% to be resonable MoE. If you want to confirm first as a cheat, compare their setup to second's with screenshots.

Edited by TurkeySloth2107

18 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

Technically speaking, there's no guarantee that Monza's top is a cheater because of margin of error. Simple maths show it to be 1.023% faster. For the record, I consider second spot, or first known legit time, -1.5% to be resonable MoE. If you want to confirm first as a cheat, compare their setup to second's with screenshots.

1% is quite a lot though. If you look at an eSports race or a top league race the difference between 1st and 2nd places is always A LOT less than 1%, and that's in the context of limited attempts rather than TT.

You cannot do a 1:12 at Monza.. PERIOD. It's not debatable.. it's called reality. Most don't live in it. You'd be hard pressed to do a high 16 legitimately. One of the top players on PS4 did a 17.7. So that tells me a high 16 is even very very unlikely. I'm pretty good and my best is a 18.4. I'm in the top 500 with that. 

It's up to codemaster to block the cheaters or delete the times. Only then will you get a game worthy of F1.
The American owners of the F1 want to do everything they can to make the F1 more interesting. That includes a good, fair game. When you as a player cannot compete fairly with other players, it ends. Sim racing has grown enormously in popularity. It is now time that the F1 and Codemaster recognized this and started doing something with it.
Good day

• Agree 2

Agree 100% with this thread. So disappointing that you spend ages trying to improve but have no real way to judge just how competitive you are. Pole lap at Monza in 2019 was 1.19.307. There are currently 1281 times on TT listed as faster than that. Sure some of them would be legit but I’m pretty confident anything quicker than a 1.18ish is fake/cheat. 
This has been a problem with the last few versions of this game and they really need to fix it. 
For the record I’ve got no assists and only using my controller for a best of 1.22.640 after 5 timed laps in a Mercedes. Slower even than Kubica last year!!! Lol. 

1 hour ago, DarBla76 said:

Agree 100% with this thread. So disappointing that you spend ages trying to improve but have no real way to judge just how competitive you are. Pole lap at Monza in 2019 was 1.19.307. There are currently 1281 times on TT listed as faster than that. Sure some of them would be legit but I’m pretty confident anything quicker than a 1.18ish is fake/cheat. 
This has been a problem with the last few versions of this game and they really need to fix it. 
For the record I’ve got no assists and only using my controller for a best of 1.22.640 after 5 timed laps in a Mercedes. Slower even than Kubica last year!!! Lol. 

I'll be sticking to using TRL Limitless' setups where he's raced because I trust his time to be legit, even if that are faster than the real pole and/or record lap(s). I suggest other new players do the same.

Please explain me how this is possible... I did a fast run without mistakes and still I am 8 seconds slower then nr 1 !? How ?

20200901_132349.jpg

34 minutes ago, BarryBadmutz said:

Please explain me how this is possible... I did a fast run without mistakes and still I am 8 seconds slower then nr 1 !? How ?

1.20 at Monza is not a fast run. The first two are rather obvious illegal times (or should be), but you still have ~4 seconds to make up. Try the Mercedes, it's quicker than the Ferrari.

31 minutes ago, BarryBadmutz said:

20200901_132349.jpg

None of the times other than yours that I can see are legit. I've witnessed a ghost at Monaco that had a speed boost on the straights. I'm on PS4 so there is some kind of speed boost cheat available to players on the PS4 Platform. 17.6 is where the 1st real time is around. Anything under is fudged by a cheat. Especially when it's seconds. 

Just now, janbonator said:

1.20 at Monza is not a fast run. The first two are rather obvious illegal times (or should be), but you still have ~4 seconds to make up. Try the Mercedes, it's quicker than the Ferrari.

Don't they equal at time trial?

Just now, KGM said:

Don't they equal at time trial?

No, not at all. The only mode in which they do is an online race with performance set to "equal".

• Agree 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, HeroOfTime91 said:

It's the same on Xbox too. They need to fix it and if need be reset the leaderboard, I want to know the setups copying are actually genuine.

Didn’t think cheaters where on the Xbox I thought it was pc only ?

2 minutes ago, maxim650 said:

Didn’t think cheaters where on the Xbox I thought it was pc only ?

They're on all Platforms. If people can buy it, they can figure out how to cheat on it 

50 minutes ago, Mike5500 said:

None of the times other than yours that I can see are legit. I've witnessed a ghost at Monaco that had a speed boost on the straights. I'm on PS4 so there is some kind of speed boost cheat available to players on the PS4 Platform. 17.6 is where the 1st real time is around. Anything under is fudged by a cheat. Especially when it's seconds. 

They may have used the Flashback 'trick' rather than an actual speed boost.