F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Ai should start races a little faster

First things first, congratulations you did it again, one more year f1 is my favourite racing game and as an offline player the ai is superb, challanging, agrassive and fair. Just one thing id like to mention, I think there are too many ai cars with bad starts out of the lights. I rarely have a bad start and I allways win 2, 3 positions sometimes even more. And even when I have a bad one I never lose a single position. Seems like they struggle to find a good grip. Currently playing at 105, no assists, but tried 110 a few times in a row and the same happens. Great job out there keep it up.

Edited by Protomorph
Forgot to mention one thing

I have the exact opposite opinion! Race start is OK if you manage it well but then I have the impression that during the first 5 laps, AI is completely OP and I really struggle to keep my position, even with rich mode and Overtake. Then they slow down to find their normal rythme. I have this on all tracks.

Yes I agree it's too easy now to get the jump on the AI at the start on the grid. I always make up a few positions. The AI pulls away ok then goes into wheel spin and loses momentum.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, RS Phil said:

I have the exact opposite opinion! Race start is OK if you manage it well but then I have the impression that during the first 5 laps, AI is completely OP and I really struggle to keep my position, even with rich mode and Overtake. Then they slow down to find their normal rythme. I have this on all tracks.

Well I havent played the game a lot yet and only raced sprint 5 laps races (still polishing some tracks). But Im going to try a longer race at monza (already good for 105 difficulty) when I get home from work. Thanks for saying that mate, but anyway the starts seem to need some improvements, like I said I never loose positions, maybe you re overreving a little... just saying because this year tyre grip is much more sensitive than before