F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

F1 Driver Stats Update | 21/10/2020

Posted (edited)

I think charles leclerc should be rated a bit higher. His ‘awareness’ needs to be increased above 82. If you remember his season in Alfa Romeo, he made a couple of amazing saves on track. Also considering the fact that he defeated vettel in his 1st season at ferrari and is beating him so far in current season as well, he should be rated 90 i think.

With respect to Bottas, I feel he is rated higher than he actually should be. Bottas’s awareness is 99. How is that even possible ? I mean his awareness cant be better than people like Hamilton, Max, Vettel, Kimi.

Moreover since these are driver ratings, they should be based purely on the driver and not based on the car he is driver (particularly in the case of Bottas)

@BarryBL

Edited by kart12talwar

What triggered Max Verstappen's experience to drop? How is that even make sense?

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, ragequit1 said:

What triggered Max Verstappen's experience to drop? How is that even make sense?

As I got reminded on Twitter, Max actually has the same amount of GPs participated as Sainz, so maybe it's that. And Sainz has 66 EXP.

6 minutes ago, mantazzo said:

As I got reminded on Twitter, Max actually has the same amount of GPs participated as Sainz, so maybe it's that. And Sainz has 66 EXP.

That would make sense, however Norris has 27 starts, Stroll has 68 and the experience points is only 4 points between those two, Norris actually went up by 2. Are they taking into consideration top5 or podium finishes?

2 hours ago, mantazzo said:

Total ******** imo, Max has experience winning races and getting regular podiums while fighting with the best drivers on the track, the experience has a higher quality than Sainz gets.

Posted (edited)

Stats are related to the driver's current form. There's probably a core base value with a trending one on top of it.

Experience doesn't correlate with how much races a driver has on its curriculum. Not exactly. It's an assessment of how much feedback a driver brings to the garage when he's coming in hot from the track. Think of Schumacher or Barrichello reporting the car behavior back to the mechanics so they know how to improve on the R&D and how to correct a setup.

In the gamification of things, that's how it is officially described:

Experience – A higher experience score will help players collect a greater number of ‘Resource Points’, used in the game to buy car upgrades.

Seeing how difficult of a car the RB16 has shown itself to be and how even freaking Max still has his hand bitten while petting the beast, it doesn't surprise me. 

I take the slightest of offences with Russel having such a low experience compared to Gasly and Albon, but the sun will rise on the West before I lose my calm over one digit or two in these sort of things.

Edit@Hephaistas right on time!

Edited by marioho

11 hours ago, marioho said:

Stats are related to the driver's current form. There's probably a core base value with a trending one on top of it.

Experience doesn't correlate with how much races a driver has on its curriculum. Not exactly. It's an assessment of how much feedback a driver brings to the garage when he's coming in hot from the track. Think of Schumacher or Barrichello reporting the car behavior back to the mechanics so they know how to improve on the R&D and how to correct a setup.

In the gamification of things, that's how it is officially described:

Seeing how difficult of a car the RB16 has shown itself to be and how even freaking Max still has his hand bitten while petting the beast, it doesn't surprise me. 

I take the slightest of offences with Russel having such a low experience compared to Gasly and Albon, but the sun will rise on the West before I lose my calm over one digit or two in these sort of things.

Edit@Hephaistas right on time!

Except tons of people have been saying Max's input/feedback on cars is impecible.

Ricciardo calls him a nerd even and engineers are praising him about it.

But sure if you think Grosjean is better at it since he has a higher experience rating.

7 hours ago, Hephaistas said:

Except tons of people have been saying Max's input/feedback on cars is impecible.

Ricciardo calls him a nerd even and engineers are praising him about it.

But sure if you think Grosjean is better at it since he has a higher experience rating.

Let me repeat two words: current form. Actually, not harm repeating the whole paragraph since it's so short:

Now if you take grievance that Max is not represented as the second come of Chris and is behind on experience on a 11 years veteran F1 driver yeah, not sure how to help. 

I think Grosjean is overrated on the stats but send those "tons of people" reports about how an impeccable nerd Verstappen is on garage feedback to Codemasters and maybe we get him alongside Raikkonen too on the next update. Why not?

Posted (edited)

Hi BarryBL,
Hi Codemasters team,

great steps into the right direction - I just wished you guys had fixed engine performance first, because frankly I do care less about Grosjean being 68 or 71 ratings, than i do care about Ferrari winning every 2nd race in my 2020 game, while in real life they finish 13th and 14th. It is so obvious that it hurts, and if FIA / Ferrari do not approve a nerf any time soon (which I would both understand and expect) then please do give us players the opportunity to SET ENGINE RATINGS ourselves. Thank you so much in advance and for this overall great game!

Edited by Schneehase

image.thumb.png.1997d4f8094c66a44195ae66fb3f43bc.png

Same as before - new comparison, comparing with the previous stats. You can see the previous comparison above.

Biggest winner in this update is Latifi, of course. Biggest "loser" - Albon, followed closely by Kimi.

Least changes happened to Vettel - the only change was a -1 decrease to his pace.

(New stats taken from here https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-driver-ratings-update-eifelgp)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Antonio not getting any uprank is a straight up yoke. This dude was the best starter this season, gaining the most positions on lap 1 compared to all the other racers.

Look at this:
firstlappos.thumb.png.923fbb5346ad09a8b2f6c95f5c128694.png

@BarryBL, is there any chance of extra custom drivers getting stats this game? Some users, myself included, have suggested it. Granted, the stats would need to be low because the driver(s) is/are fictional.

34 minutes ago, TurkeySloth2107 said:

@BarryBL, is there any chance of extra custom drivers getting stats this game? Some users, myself included, have suggested it. Granted, the stats would need to be low because the driver(s) is/are fictional. 

At the moment, we are licensed to include the exclusive official, approved and submitted grids of the start of the 2020 F1 and F2 seasons. We do also assign drivers emergency backup fictional drivers should your MyTeam save end up in financial trouble, however, this is only to benefit and safe-guard your game save.

18 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

At the moment, we are licensed to include the exclusive official, approved and submitted grids of the start of the 2020 F1 and F2 seasons. We do also assign drivers emergency backup fictional drivers should your MyTeam save end up in financial trouble, however, this is only to benefit and safe-guard your game save.

Okay.

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Back again with some more driver updates. For full details, please check: https://www.formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-driver-ratings-update-eifelgp

F12020-Beauty-shot---STATS-CARD-UPDATE-16x9.jpg

Just wondering a couple of things:

1. Were these stat changes part of the performance patch or a more recent seperate patch that I wasn't aware of? I'd started a fresh save after updating the game with the performance patch but was still asked in the mail if I wanted to apply the stat changes to my savegame.

2. Do these stat changes directly affect the AI performances on track?

Thanks for the questions @s00zster

To answer: 1./ Applied after the performance patch as a minor update via our online services. 2./ Yes. Affects the drivers behaviour, outright pace and confidence in fighting with others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks for the questions @s00zster

To answer: 1./ Applied after the performance patch as a minor update via our online services. 2./ Yes. Affects the drivers behaviour, outright pace and confidence in fighting with others.

Cheers. 👍

• Like 1

@BarryBL Actually, another thing I meant to ask was do the effects of the Driver Ratings update apply to Driver Career as well as MyTeam? 

Edited by s00zster

2 minutes ago, s00zster said:

@BarryBL Actually, another thing I meant to ask was do the effects of the stat update apply to Driver Career as well as MyTeam? 

I think it should, the patch applied right on top of their starting stats, plus the amount of stats they grew over you career progression.

At least that's what happened for me last time.

Edited by DRT-Apophis
  • Like 1