Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[ All Platforms ] - Save Games Corrupt Post 1.08 Master Thread

1.       A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

Same issue as others have been talking about. Finished a myteam race and was informed the replay had not saved properly, but that has happened to me before, so wasn’t worried, but then my game crashed soon after and when I tried to restart the game it said my game data was corrupted.

Codes: 6522DF69 - 6522DF69 - 2144DF1C

2.       Platform

PS4

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

MyTeam

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Tried deleting and reinstalling saved data at least 4 times, then deleted the whole game and then reinstalled, then retried uninstalling saved data, all attempts unsuccessful. Also cleaned the disc

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

See above

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster T300

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

No screenshots, but can get past the home screen where it tells you to “press options” without creating a new save, which I clearly don’t want to do

Had the exact same issue on Xbox. Seems like the 1.08 patch messed up saving and seems to have broken everyone’s games on console

5 hours ago, TruGiffers said:

Here's the error code I got. 

IMG_20200826_185904.jpg

The more people that are getting it, the worse as people are just not gonna be bothered to play the game till there is a fix. I don't want to until there is one as it will overwrite my save and then my progress will be gone. We need to know if staff have acknowledged it.

• Agree 1

I had the same problem, this is sad, the game is expensive and does it happen? Disappointing

• Agree 1

It's been 5 days and so far weve been told to uninstall and reinstall, anyone know who I can contact for a refund? By the amount of people in this forum and on reddit I can low ball about 100 people have had this issue in total and it's a pretty big issue.

1 hour ago, Seabo04 said:

It's been 5 days and so far weve been told to uninstall and reinstall, anyone know who I can contact for a refund? By the amount of people in this forum and on reddit I can low ball about 100 people have had this issue in total and it's a pretty big issue.

I get that completely, it’s a huge issue destroying hours of people’s gameplay. I think we’ve been unlucky that it’s a 3 day weekend in the UK. Hopefully should get a response tomorrow.

It’s been many players on Xbox/PS4 that have had this issue so I’d estimate many more have had this as it’s since the recent update. Steam are lucky because they can view older save files and revert back easily

• Agree 1

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

When I go into my My Team save, it shows the normal loading screen of the track I’m at, then that loading screen goes away and I get stuck at a black screen that says “please wait” in the top left corner. I left my system on for about 2 hours seeing if it would load and it didn’t.

2.       Platform 

Xbox One

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My Team

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

It happens every time I try to load that save. I simulated practice and then advanced straight to the race. I can’t remember 100% but I might have closed out of the game while it was loading. Now every time I try to load back in I get stuck at that screen.

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue. Do you have the latest drivers? Have you check your connectivity settings?

I have the updated drivers and everything. I can’t think of anything else that would cause this to happen.

7.       Please provide a video recording of your game crashing so we can see where the issue occurs?

I don’t have a video of it happening.

Uninstall and reinstall?

Hours and Days off gameplay for nothing?

Is a Joke!!! 

Congratulations to those involved. 

I also want to know who I contact to request my refund

"Had the exact same issue on Xbox. Seems like the 1.08 patch messed up saving and seems to have broken everyone’s games on console." At least 100,000 playing the game and 10 failures is a .01% failure rate.( hardly everyone ) How can you blame the patch when 99.99% of users did not have this problem This is a complicated software issue and random anomaly (possibly caused by process).

"Uninstall and reinstall? Hours and Days of gameplay for nothing?  Is a Joke!!!" Big deal > you had fun playing but the file got corrupted. Restart a new MyTeam. If you change gameplay use confirm changes not some other method to exit. If you get the message to attempt a recovery of corrupted data again (which I doubt you will) > Say NO > you will probably only lose the last race before the autosave got corrupted.

Buy stuff much?? Only the retailer who sold the item can refund.

Edited by HotLZ

5 hours ago, HotLZ said:

"Had the exact same issue on Xbox. Seems like the 1.08 patch messed up saving and seems to have broken everyone’s games on console." At least 100,000 playing the game and 10 failures is a .01% failure rate.( hardly everyone ) How can you blame the patch when 99.99% of users did not have this problem This is a complicated software issue and random anomaly (possibly caused by process).

"Uninstall and reinstall? Hours and Days of gameplay for nothing?  Is a Joke!!!" Big deal > you had fun playing but the file got corrupted. Restart a new MyTeam. If you change gameplay use confirm changes not some other method to exit. If you get the message to attempt a recovery of corrupted data again (which I doubt you will) > Say NO > you will probably only lose the last race before the autosave got corrupted.

Buy stuff much?? Only the retailer who sold the item can refund.

Everyone who has this issue got it as soon as they updated to the 1.08 patch, you can hardly blame the player, pressing the no button simply puts you back onto the corrupted save screen and alot of peoples games crashed before they could even attempt to recover the corrupted file. This game was £60 it's not too much too ask to not have a chance the game wipes all your game saves after any given update goes out.

Even if it is say 100 people who have had this issue where their saved corrupt because of an update, that's £6,000 codemasters has received for essentially a faulty product. People deserve a fix or they'll want their money back.

• Agree 2

Everyone who has this issue got it as soon as they updated to the 1.08 patch, you can hardly blame the player, pressing the no button simply puts you back onto the corrupted save screen and alot of peoples games crashed before they could even attempt to recover the corrupted file. This game was £60 it's not too much too ask to not have a chance the game wipes all your game saves after any given update goes out.

Even if it is say 100 people who have had this issue where their saved corrupt because of an update, that's £6,000 codemasters has received for essentially a faulty product. People deserve a fix or they'll want their money back.

@Seabo04 Just ignore the troll mate

I might just try what @BarryBLsaid without the usb back up, take the risk.

Edited by Seabo04

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I don’t want to send hate and pressure to people at codies because they receive a lot from many people but this issue is very important and should be taken seriously and high priority considering that more people are going to get this issue the later it persists.

1 minute ago, Seabo04 said:

I might just try what @BarryBLsaid without the usb back up, take the risk.

@Seabo04 Give it go mate but I tried it and no luck. Fortunately because it’s saved on the cloud, the save game won’t go anywhere.

1 hour ago, Lewh3 said:

@BarryBL Some help please, mate.

Hi @Lewh3,

Sorry, wasn't working bank holiday so had some slight delay.

I have raised this to the developers to get their insight and once I have an update, I will add here

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Lewh3,

I have raised this to the developers to get their insight and once I have an update, I will add here

Hi @BarryBL,

yeah no worries, I thought as much!

Thanks for the update. I’ve been trying to divert people from Reddit to this thread as much as possible, so hopefully any update should reach them quickly.

Cheers

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Lewh3,

@BarryBL Thanks for the update

It's good to know that it is being investigated now. I'm sure if the developers need anything about what happened me and some others on this thread can help

9 minutes ago, RichieLH27 said:

@BarryBL Thanks for the update

It's good to know that it is being investigated now. I'm sure if the developers need anything about what happened me and some others on this thread can help

Thanks @RichieLH27,

Once I have anything (updates, questions, requests for information etc), I'll add here.

• Agree 1

From going on the profiles of the users affected, has this only happened to people on Xbox One? Can someone with a PS4 or PC confirm if this has happened to them?

Got another solution, I would recommend trying to remove and re-add your account. To check the email being used with the gamertag, go to Settings > Account > sign-in, security & passkey;in middle column at the top it will say "show on home" if it is checked it will rotate from gamertag and email on homepage. If it is not check marked, it will show in this box.

33 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

From going on the profiles of the users affected, has this only happened to people on Xbox One? Can someone with a PS4 or PC confirm if this has happened to them?

Got another solution, I would recommend trying to remove and re-add your account. To check the email being used with the gamertag, go to Settings > Account > sign-in, security & passkey;in middle column at the top it will say "show on home" if it is checked it will rotate from gamertag and email on homepage. If it is not check marked, it will show in this box.

Yes I had this happen to me on PS4. I also thought I had emailed community@codemasters.com with my save file