Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[ All Platforms ] - Save Games Corrupt Post 1.08 Master Thread

Same thing happened to me as I was playing on XBOX, I was loading into Monaco Season 4 of my team and it came up saying 'corrupt game save'. After that, the game crashed and I reloaded it and had to go through creating a whole new character as well as I will now have to restart a month and a half of progress. Great....

Edited by munnc

I just had the same experience today with my game on stadia. Lost two full seasons of my team progress. 

If there is any data that I can provide the cm team to help troubleshoot and get my save file back, let me know! 

The same thing has happened to me on Xbox One. Had the corrupt save notification, restarted my game and now no progress whatsoever. I’m absolutely gutted - put so much time in to this game. Hopefully they find a fix soon. 

Xbox users, please file bug reports in this topic. Even though we can’t send our files to CM yet, it should get them talking to Microsoft about a way to recover the files.

Happened to me toward the ended of my second season and dont really want to start again so heres my report

• A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 
  • Went into game and selected My Team. When loading a message saying save file had corrupted and gave my the option of 'save gam'e and 'continue without saving'. I clicked the first option multiple time and the message kept coming up so tried pressing continue without saving and the closed down and went back to my home screen. i clicked back on the game and it asked me to setup my character from fresh and there was no save under my team. 
  • Platform
  • Xbox One S Digital Download
  • What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 
  • Game-mode?
  • My Team it happened on but all save data is gone
  • We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
  • I didn't do anything different since owning the game so no idea what caused it so wont know how to make it happen again
  • How do you make the problem happen?
  • As Above
  • What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue
  • I've tried fully closing down the game, rebooting console but i wouldn't know what to really as the old data is not accessible. looking into the files i can see theres saved data but cant do anything with it.
  • What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
  • Standard Xbox Controller
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   
  • None

Hi everyone 

I had the same problem ( corrupted save data ) and i can't playing the game ( f1 2020 ) without to cancel my save....

i tried the solution of  DeltasBroOmega but it was not working for me..

i tried also to rebuilding the data base from the PS4 safe mode but not working too.

I will send my data save to the email of codemaster, i hope they will find a fix .. because i really don't want to restart my carreer in my team ( to much work and hours )

I m a big fan of f1 games of codemaster, i buy almost every years the game of codemaster but if there isn't a fix for that i will thinking to not buy the next one if thre is some problem like that...

I have the same issue on the Xbox One, in my fourth season in MyTeam. I only had save data there and it’s gone, but my podium pass info is still there. It happened two weeks ago but I was just redirected to this forum.

after patch 1.08, a message said that my save file was corrupted and that I could save game or continue without saving, but save game only redirected me to the same two aforementioned options. I continued without saving. I left to the main menu and returned to see if all was intact and it was. Then I turned off my Xbox. I returned later in the day only to see that all the save data was gone and it’s as if the game was new.

i haven’t made another save data since, but it was as if the game was new and as if I opened it for the first time. 
this is very frustrating and I hope there’s a fix soon.

As I was loading into Season four, Race 4 monaco I notification came up saying 'Game Save file corrupt' and gave me three options, Save, Cancel and Continue without saving. I pressed Save and it popped back up so I clicked save again and the same thing happened. Then I clicked cancel and the game closed itself. I then reloaded the game and when I got on I was given the policies to except and had to remake a character, lost all save files from both Career and My team. I kept my liveries and Suits that I had unlocked from the Podium pass. I still have got the same amount of pitcoins aswell.

• Platform

Xbox One

• What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

At the time I was using 1.08 but now I am using 1.09

• Game-mode?

The bug happened in my team but deleted saves from both, My team and Career.

• We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

No.

I do not know how but it seems my team is the issue for a lot of people.

• What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Signing out and back in, Restarting my Xbox.

Logitech g920 and an Xbox controller.

• Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

No.

Hi - same here.  

Corrupt save file message while attempting to continue to next race of My Team (during 3rd season) - forced to continue without saving - so I exit, shut down, come back a few days later and it wanted to start my whole profile set-up from scratch, save game not there.  Car set-ups also deleted I’ve noticed 

• Platform

Xbox One

It was 1.08 (now 1.09)

• Game-mode?

My Team

No

It just happened...

Delete console save file and restart console to restore from the cloud.  Unsuccessful

Xbox One Controller

Nope

Guys please send your save files in to codemasters as well. The more of us who send it in, hopefully the quicker they can get to fixing the problem.

omfg!!

It just happened to me as well! After almost 4 full seasons on my team, while loading Azerbaijan, the game just crashed and at restart I was prompted to create a new character. 
I have 1.09 installed, on a xbox one s. I still have a save game which is about 70mb large but there is absolutely nothing saved. I have no words to describe my feelings. I can't imagine starting again from scratch with this game. Unbelievable!!!

Guys please send your save files in to codemasters as well. The more of us who send it in, hopefully the quicker they can get to fixing the problem.

How do we do this?

Edited by Not7Andrei7

On 9/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, Not7Andrei7 said:

How do we do this?

it's right up there on the stickied post.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, BarryBL said:

To update here,

We have received a couple of savegames (huge thanks to those who sent over) and are investigating with our dev team. Thanks for your patience on this issue. 👍

Any updates so far?

@BarryBL As above, any updates? It’s almost been a month now. I’ve only owned the game for a month and a half and not touched it since this issue.

Even if the devs can just tell us whether our old saves are recoverable or not, that way I know to return the game.

• Like 1

• Platform

Xbox One S

• Game-mode?

The bug happened in my team. 

No.

I do not know, it was when loading/advancing time after an invitational event and a Grand Prix weekend. 

Signing out and back in, Restarting my Xbox.

Xbox controller.

No.

Please find a fix 🙏

i m begenning to lose patience .....we spent 70.-- for this game without being able to play with our backups

and I can't imagine anyone who's had the problem for more than a month.

• Like 1

Platform

Xbox One S

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

Game-mode?

My team. 

We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?

No.

How do you make the problem happen?

It was when advancing time after the final race of the season. It came to the driver contract section but I could not renegotiate with my current teammate and was forced to go to the driver market. Despite this I couldn’t offer any driver a contract, I then backed out of the save and attempted to reload it and when I did there was a corrupt save message.

What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Signing out and back in, Restarting the game and xbox.

What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Xbox controller.

Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

No.

I had to create a whole new account just to say that this problem has happened to me on xbox one as well. I linked this account to my Xbox so I hope this doesn’t overwrite my other corrupted save but please keep us updated, I was on season 3 and played for a week straight just to get there and I like I have wasted a week worth of work now. I hope these saves can be recovered.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, BarryBL said:

We are working towards a fix that will enable to continue their saves as a priority. We understand the effort put into saves, and always aim to create a fix so users can continue to play their saves post-patch. But still in a test and diagnosis phase. Once I have a more concrete update, I'll add 👍

This has just happened to me too after 1.10.1 update on Xbox. I finished a race at Spain in Season 3 of MyTeam. I hope you find a fix soon because you said this when 1.08 was out and we are on 1.10 now. Will we be able to continue our original save files when you fix it eventually

• Like 1

@BarryBLYes can we get an update on the issue? it's been about a month now already and 2 update versions. At least tell us if a fix is possible so we can go on with our lives instead of possibly waiting around for nothing. Thank you

So I was one of the first in this thread and yesterday I had the error message show up again after working hard to get back to a reasonable point. I found a temporary solution for Xbox (that I’m assuming works for PS4 as well) which is when the save file corrupt message spears do not click anything. Instead open another game, call of duty, minecraft whatever you have then go back into F1. This should put you in title screen with the intro trailer and health warning etc. Then go into my team again and it should reload the last checkpoint it saved before the save corrupted. This should then work and you can continue.

1 hour ago, kjgamer2614 said:

So I was one of the first in this thread and yesterday I had the error message show up again after working hard to get back to a reasonable point. I found a temporary solution for Xbox (that I’m assuming works for PS4 as well) which is when the save file corrupt message spears do not click anything. Instead open another game, call of duty, minecraft whatever you have then go back into F1. This should put you in title screen with the intro trailer and health warning etc. Then go into my team again and it should reload the last checkpoint it saved before the save corrupted. This should then work and you can continue.

hi Thanks for your post 

but it s not working for me with PS4 ...

So for you When you come back to F1, the corrupt massage diseppear ?? and you can go to F1 without to create a new save ?