Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

[ All Platforms ] - Save Games Corrupt Post 1.08 Master Thread

@BarryBL

I've just recently purchased the game on Xbox One and corrupted save issue on the My Team mode has just happened to me. Was a fix ever applied here and is it possible to retrieve the previously saved data? The game has reset back to the original setup.

Hi @Milesawaay,

What livery/racesuit and gloves are you running? Exact names will be helpful here. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Hi @Milesawaay,

What livery/racesuit and gloves are you running? Exact names will be helpful here. Thanks.

@BarryBL

Livery - Needles
Suit - Trim
Gloves - Mainframe (I think...)

Cheers

Thanks @Milesawaay. I think I may need a bug report with your issue then. How far were you into the save also?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Thanks @Milesawaay. I think I may need a bug report with your issue then. How far were you into the save also?

A detailed description of the issue. Please include any error codes here. 

When advancing to race weekend in My Team career mode, a message appeared on screen saying "Corrupted Save, Data Overwrite", with three options (see attached photo (copied from previous post)). I first selected "okay" which did nothing, I then selected "Cancel" which then caused the game to stop and then reload but when it came back on it asked my to agree to user licence agreement etc. and reset up game from scratch. All previous MyTeam and game data has now been lost.

Platform
Xbox One

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
Game-mode?
My Team
We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
Not sure
How do you make the problem happen?
NA
What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Tried restarting the game and console - look into the storage data of the game and there is a saved file but unsure if that is a newly created file or the old lost one.
What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 
None
Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.
Attached - taken from other post that has had same error message.

I was into race 8 or 9 in the first season.

Thanks.

B121543A-BEA0-47ED-934C-68EF0DE17480.png.5ad99ec9ed1c7ac889ed8844442e3f83.png

Edited by Milesawaay
Forgot to attached screenshot.

Still happening. Xbox one. My team season 3 race 7, save corrupts and everything is gone! What the actual. 38 hours of gameplay totally wasted. 

Platform
Xbox One S

What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen)
Game-mode?
My Team
We need to be able to make your problem happen internally so we can fix the issue. Can you make the problem happen again?
Nope
How do you make the problem happen?
Loading My Team Season 3 Race 7 (Monaco)
What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue

Restarting console, deleting game save from local console, deleting the game and allowing it to re download everything.
Thrustmaster TMX Pro Racing Wheel & Pedals
Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.

If there is a way to somehow send you my game save from the Xbox then I will happily do it, just drop me a message.
@BarryBL

Had gotten many hours into My Team and several into Driver career as well when I finished Race Weekend 12 on My Team. I returned to the main My Team hub, then switched to a different app on my Xbox.

I returned to F1 2020 some time later and was right back where I left off, so  I began making changes to R&D, activities, etc, and advanced to Race Weekend 13 (Hungary). When I tried to load it up, a message popped up that said the save file was corrupted and asked me to either try again and overwrite the corrupted save file, or to continue without saving. There was probably a third “cancel” option based on screens and descriptions from this thread but I don’t remember it. I chose to overwrite the corrupted file, but after a short loading screen was once again notified with an identical corrupt saved file error notice with the same options. I chose to overwrite the corrupted save once again and the same error message popped up, so I chose to continue without saving. I then quit the game. 

When I reloaded the game, it was as if I had loaded it up for the first time, and both My Team and Driver Career were gone. My podium pass level and Pit Bucks were saved. 

Because you asked the last victim,

Livery: Streamlined

Suit: 95% sure it was Trim (slight chance it was Streamlined)

Gloves: Painted

I could’ve quit to main menu before switching to another app and before quitting the game altogether, so I don’t know if that would have helped. But the last thing I expected was to lose my saves altogether—if anything I assumed I’d just lose my latest R&D updates or the last race at worst. The fact that I lost My Driver save as well indicates something deeper than one game mode or anything I did wrong. 

@BarryBL I know this probably isn’t your department, but can you point me to customer service? I just bought this game. The least we deserve after losing so many hours (and others have lost many more than me) is some VIP status or coins or whatever we can compromise on. 

Platform
Xbox One 

Game-mode?

My Team

Give me another 20-70 hours and I’ll let you know, but it’s been well documented at this point 

How do you make the problem happen?
Loading My Team Season 1 Race 13 (Hungary) after returning to the game from another app. 

Looked for lost files on my xbox but didn’t find any—kindly filing this first, given the deluge of similar issues, before I try to figure that out further. 

None

No, but it’s been well documented and my error message matches the screenshots posted elsewhere in this thread