Jump to content Jump to content

[ All Platforms ] - Save Games Corrupt Post 1.08 Master Thread


mrlagg16
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Administrator

HI everyone,

Continuing on from the game update below, we are still looking for more games saves on PC and PS4 to help us diagnose and resolve this issue. Please add your saves onto this thread, or send over in DM's so I can add this for the developers. 

How to copy your Steam save for F1 2020

  1. Browse to where Steam is installed, usually this will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam
  2. Browse to \userdata\xxxxxxxxx\ (where the x’s are your unique user ID)
  3. Right click on the 1080110 folder (this is your F1 2020 save) and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder

PS4

How to copy a save game

  1. Insert a USB drive in to your PS4.
  2. On the PS4 go to Settings, Application Saved Data Management, Saved Data In System Storage, Copy to USB Storage.
  3. Select your F1 save and copy it to the USB.
  4. Remove the USB and put it in to a PC.
  5. Compress the PS4 folder to a zip file.

Game update: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, womguard said:

I've given up on this. Doubt this issue will ever be fixed. And even if they do fix it. It will be useless as i've just gone and started a new save file. Starting everything from scratch. Good job codemasters, thanks for nothing.

They’ve just fully stopped replying to my emails as well now. I thought EA were bad but this is a whole other level

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same stuff as for everyone. Loading into the 8th race of my 1st myTeam year then the "corrupted data message" came up. It has come up once, a day ago but i pressed ok and it was gone and nothing happened. I thought it won't be a problem this time either so I pressed ok. Nothing happened so I pressed again and then i spam it, i have pressed for like 8 times and it throw me out of the game. When i went back i had to agree with thr agreement, create a character so everything was gone. My whole myTeam save, everything. However my Podium Pass remained so my Pitcoins i've tries deleting data from console and then restart the Xbox or redownloading the game but nothing. But i can see that there are 35 MB data so i guess it's still there somewhere. As i saw, many had the EXACT same problem and as i can see Codemasters couldn't do anything in 2 months so i guess my old team has gone forever. And it's a 70$ game.....

I don't know when will i have the motivation to play this game again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, LEVIFARI said:

Same stuff as for everyone. Loading into the 8th race of my 1st myTeam year then the "corrupted data message" came up. It has come up once, a day ago but i pressed ok and it was gone and nothing happened. I thought it won't be a problem this time either so I pressed ok. Nothing happened so I pressed again and then i spam it, i have pressed for like 8 times and it throw me out of the game. When i went back i had to agree with thr agreement, create a character so everything was gone. My whole myTeam save, everything. However my Podium Pass remained so my Pitcoins i've tries deleting data from console and then restart the Xbox or redownloading the game but nothing. But i can see that there are 35 MB data so i guess it's still there somewhere. As i saw, many had the EXACT same problem and as i can see Codemasters couldn't do anything in 2 months so i guess my old team has gone forever. And it's a 70$ game.....

I don't know when will i have the motivation to play this game again.

Don’t worry I think a bunch of people lost all motivation to play with this. You would think a literal billion dollar company could fix game breaking bugs. Thank god they’re being bought out for next year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,my name is Talha and I’m from South Africa, I play on PS4, my entire F1 game has restarted and I lost my MyTeam which was I was in Season 4, I had the best team on the grid and Max Verstappen as my partner I was winning the constructors and 1 point away from taking the lead of the drivers championship from my teammate, I was in qualifying in Canada and the game kicked me out and said there was an error I went back in the game and it said corrupt file do you want to restore so I pressed restore file and it loaded and said failed to restore file and the entire game restarted it asked me to create a driver profile choose my driver my name and racing number, please can someone help me to get my account back I really enjoy playing this game and have been playing for a long time, I was doing well I’m my team and I don’t wanna want to start again, Please help me.i just went in the storage and F1 has 57gb so I’m pretty sure the games data isn’t still in the ps4

Edited by talhac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, talhac said:

Hi,my name is Talha and I’m from South Africa, I play on PS4, my entire F1 game has restarted and I lost my MyTeam which was I was in Season 4, I had the best team on the grid and Max Verstappen as my partner I was winning the constructors and 1 point away from taking the lead of the drivers championship from my teammate, I was in qualifying in Canada and the game kicked me out and said there was an error I went back in the game and it said corrupt file do you want to restore so I pressed restore file and it loaded and said failed to restore file and the entire game restarted it asked me to create a driver profile choose my driver my name and racing number, please can someone help me to get my account back I really enjoy playing this game and have been playing for a long time, I was doing well I’m my team and I don’t wanna want to start again, Please help me.i just went in the storage and F1 has 57gb so I’m pretty sure the games data isn’t still in the ps4

Unfortunately you're quite out of luck. Codemasters never bothered to fix this bug. Your only bet is to re-start the career from scratch. Oh and make sure you have ps plus so you can back up your save files. Wish it wasn't like this but there is no fix sadly 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2020 at 4:04 PM, BarryBL said:

We are still investigating and working on a fix. 

It's December and it happened to me yesterday (PS4) considering you have been working on a fix since september i really hope you have something concrete to offer as a solution?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RichieLH27 said:

Ok, this has become a bit of a joke now. I've not been able to play this game like I should for months, rendering it a waste of money in my eyes. We have all waited for months and got nothing.

It’s so messed up, they’ve not even acknowledged it as an issue. I contacted them for a refund and they weren’t interested.

My only hope is that when EA take over that they hire a proper set of devs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there any way I can get the save data back. Everything has gone. Played it the other day and completed a 10 year my team and it said there was corrupted data. All seemed to be fine, turned on my console to play it and it was like I never played it before. Any way to resolve this for Xbox One?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even after update 1.14. First time it has happened and I’m not sure what to do. I exited the game and logged back on. Didn’t work. Logged off the game and restarted my console. Logged back on and everything is gone. Me and my dad were both doing well and really enjoy the game. Hopefully you can provide a fix so I can continue playing over lockdown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2021 at 5:35 PM, RichieLH27 said:

Ok, this has become a bit of a joke now. I've not been able to play this game like I should for months, rendering it a waste of money in my eyes. We have all waited for months and got nothing.

Ridiculous isn’t it? I’ve been playing the game over lockdown because I’ve got nothing better to do. Now everything is gone. This is a large and growing company that has attracted the attention of EA. You’d think they’d patch this and continue to maintain support from the fan base.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly like what the ****? I have used over 110€ for the game itself and now this happens?? "Corrupted save" etc blahblah and now when i turn game back on it starts like i have never ever played before. 

What should i do?? Now this is like i  just have thrown money in a ******* trash can srly

Edited by JesperPietarine
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
On 2/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, JesperPietarine said:

Honestly like what the ****? I have used over 110€ for the game itself and now this happens?? "Corrupted save" etc blahblah and now when i turn game back on it starts like i have never ever played before. 

What should i do?? Now this is like i  just have thrown money in a ******* trash can srly 

Posting a bug report and attaching your save will help @JesperPietarine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Great... so they never figured this out?!? It took 2 weeks to figure out why all of a sudden I couldn’t play anything online... now the game has deleted all of my data! This company and this game is a joke!!! Seriously, what in the actual **** is going on over there?

Someone mentioned they are being “bought out” next year...?!? Any truth in this??? And if so, whom is buying them out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Seer2484 said:

Great... so they never figured this out?!? It took 2 weeks to figure out why all of a sudden I couldn’t play anything online... now the game has deleted all of my data! This company and this game is a joke!!! Seriously, what in the actual **** is going on over there?

Someone mentioned they are being “bought out” next year...?!? Any truth in this??? And if so, whom is buying them out?

EA is buying their company so next year the F1 game liscence and development will belong to EA. Pretty bad though for a big company to mess up so much and have no fix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...