In Game Solar Panel AdvertisemenT

Posted (edited)

About half of any given month, I am in a different city overnight.  In every city, when you begin the game, it loads local information, so that you receive a somewhat targeted advertisement in the short videos.  Every city I go to, the guy with glasses talking about the free solar panels pops up and it is specific to the city I am in.  I can't imagine how many times that guy had to make the same opening speech with a different city name!  

Edited by Hellion21
Cuz

On 8/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, Hellion21 said:

About half of any given month, I am in a different city overnight.  In every city, when you begin the game, it loads local information, so that you receive a somewhat targeted advertisement in the short videos.  Every city I go to, the guy with glasses talking about the free solar panels pops up and it is specific to the city I am in.  I can't imagine how many times that guy had to make the same opening speech with a different city name!  

I work in solar and have seen this ad...it's also extremely bad practice / unethical / misleading in our industry to advertise "free solar." Solar isn't free, ever. 

I'm not sure how the video ends as I watch my mandatory 4 or 5 seconds and move on!

On 8/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, Hellion21 said:

Every city I go to, the guy with glasses talking about the free solar panels pops up and it is specific to the city I am in.  I can't imagine how many times that guy had to make the same opening speech with a different city name!  

You mean this guy?

solar.PNG

Yep, That’s him!  Homeowners, if you live in California, if you live in Texas, if you live......it’s Specific to each state, I said cities originally. It’s crazy

On 9/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, Hellion21 said:

Yep, That’s him!  Homeowners, if you live in California, if you live in Texas, if you live......it’s Specific to each state, I said cities originally. It’s crazy

He did a new one with a bigger and more perfectly oval head.  Now repeat with different cities 10 millions times.  LOL.

oval.PNG

• Haha 1

Just started seeing some new ads with this guy’s giant pumpkin head.  Seemed well timed with Update 15 Halloween Mode.    Coincidence?  I think not.

I think, as much as I can see in the 4 second minimum time requirement, this guy is standing next to Apartments, rambling about home solar.  Anyone back this up?