Jump to content Jump to content

Manager mode


Tomasslb24

Recommended Posts

Do you think a manager mode would be good? Like giving the strategies, call them to the pits, to let teammate pass and stuff like that. 

Something like motorsport manager, but it would be more realistic and maybe more challenging. 

Toughts?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be lovely but I much prefer Codemasters focusing on improving their existing expertise. Better racing, better handling, and expanding the Career and My Team modes. These things vary from great to quite good already but there's much room to grow yet. Codemasters F1 game is about the experience you get on the cockpit, not on the paddock. Coming up with a whole new game mode would require splitting of financial and human resources I'm not very enthusiastic about.

Not to say it would take a few iterations before Codemasters had a title to contend with motorsport manager. Meaning, you're better off playing them than expecting a full fledged analogue to pop up here. 

Things like pit strategy and team decisions could even be meshed into the game we already have, but I prefer My Team to be expanded than designing a new mode from the ground up. 

TL;DR: Great! But I prefer all their hands on making a beast of a next gen game with even better racing and a deeper career and my team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, marioho said:

Would be lovely but I much prefer Codemasters focusing on improving their existing expertise. Better racing, better handling, and expanding the Career and My Team modes. These things vary from great to quite good already but there's much room to grow yet. Codemasters F1 game is about the experience you get on the cockpit, not on the paddock. Coming up with a whole new game mode would require splitting of financial and human resources I'm not very enthusiastic about.

Not to say it would take a few iterations before Codemasters had a title to contend with motorsport manager. Meaning, you're better off playing them than expecting a full fledged analogue to pop up here. 

Things like pit strategy and team decisions could even be meshed into the game we already have, but I prefer My Team to be expanded than designing a new mode from the ground up. 

TL;DR: Great! But I prefer all their hands on making a beast of a next gen game with even better racing and a deeper career and my team.

Yea i fully agree with you, there's a lot of potential in the game. 

I've been playing the game and i really wanted them to add more things, but im happy and there are still lot of patches to come, so lets wait. I understand the people that are mad, but i think they are being a little to "greedy" about what they ask.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tomasslb24 said:

Do you think a manager mode would be good? Like giving the strategies, call them to the pits, to let teammate pass and stuff like that. 

Something like motorsport manager, but it would be more realistic and maybe more challenging. 

Toughts?

 

I would like to have team orders in carrer and myteam like in carrer you are a wing-man that you will be told to let pass your teammate and slow down a bit to let him escape from others and in myteam it would be fun if we could ask jeff to let me pass my teammate in 3 different ways e.g: "Can you ask him to let me pass?" or " Can he let me go already?" or "Get him out the way!" and it will could make driver go away from team if we harsh to him. But imo let CM do F1 driving simulator and Playsport do motorsport manager simulator and for me it's good the way it is...except team orders 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tomasslb24 hey that was refreshing to read! 

I understand people's frustration with the game and can relate to some of their issues. Things get overblown here often though and even being a minority, the bad mouthed and shouty users tend to draw more attention than the reasonable ones with level headed feedback.

F1 2020 ticks more boxes than leaves unchecked and you gotta hold a fierce grudge to not see the staff's commitment to fix and improve on the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, marioho said:

@Tomasslb24 hey that was refreshing to read! 

I understand people's frustration with the game and can relate to some of their issues. Things get overblown here often though and even being a minority, the bad mouthed and shouty users tend to draw more attention than the reasonable ones with level headed feedback.

F1 2020 ticks more boxes than leaves unchecked and you gotta hold a fierce grudge to not see the staff's commitment to fix and improve on the game. 

Thank you! 

That people just dont really deserve the attention they have and maybe that can cause a little bit of frustration to the devs that can maybe read what they write and get so upset that even their work is affected.

Like, obviously I want the new tracks in the game but i understand how hard it is to make a track in the game, every pixel, every perfection to make it more realistic has possible, I wanted the performance patch to have a more realistic experience, but maybe is better wait so the performance is not so bad to make merc win the 22 races in the calendar lapping almost everyone on the grid. Have more options of how many races i want in a season, and not that (10, 16, 22) so I can have remove all the tracks i dont really like to race. So many thing it could be done.

But i respect them, and knowing that it is difficult to make changes in the game, i cant even try to imagine how difficult it is to make in a time like we are living know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ZtwoA said:

I would like to have team orders in carrer and myteam like in carrer you are a wing-man that you will be told to let pass your teammate and slow down a bit to let him escape from others and in myteam it would be fun if we could ask jeff to let me pass my teammate in 3 different ways e.g: "Can you ask him to let me pass?" or " Can he let me go already?" or "Get him out the way!" and it will could make driver go away from team if we harsh to him. But imo let CM do F1 driving simulator and Playsport do motorsport manager simulator and for me it's good the way it is...except team orders 

LOL This one is fantastic. 

It should probably has negative effect on your (& team) acclaim as well, which will last for a few races as a red bar. If you stop doing it it will disappear and you can earn acclaim normally again. But if repeating the same action, you & your team's reputation will be damaged and acclaim gain will be nerf significantly for a very long time (or even permanent).

It should be more difficult and unlikely for the AI teammate to obey your order if their acclaim lvl is very high or close to you, but it'll damage their relationship with you nonetheless, so use that commend at your own cost 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree management option could be greatly increased but credit to codemasters as think this first try by them was excellent but many in game things needed as well( flag options are very limited compared to real life and same with penalties, only time you get drive through penalty is for jump starting but used more in real life).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...