DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Project CARS 3 banners in DiRT Rally 2.0

Side-note, I am enjoying Project CARS 3.

It's a bit rough around the edges but the on-track experience has been fun; feels good on my wheel.

@PJTierney What does it do that PCARS 2 doesn't, once you tweaked the assists in 2 to make it arcadey?

I couldn't see this in my very brief time playing it. Also the first track was so high-contrast my eyes actually genuinely felt real discomfort looking at it.

3 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

What does it do that PCARS 2 doesn't, once you tweaked the assists in 2 to make it arcadey?

The Rivals and Scheduled Events are new, as well as the Career. Gamepad handling is also overhauled.

I never played the first 2 games, and with no Forza out this year Project CARS 3 is a decent enough alternative for me.

I mainly play Multiplayer and a 3 year-old game is usually dead (Forza Motorsport 7 isn't filling lobbies like it used to either).

I think its absolutely wrong to blatantly advert a game like Pcars 3 in a game that is 10 times better like DR2.. i was an original backer of pcars 1 and 2..and loved every bit of it (besides bugs). But the mess they made from Pcars3 absolutely disgusts me to be honest.. They truly left and ignored their complete loyal fanbase and there is everything wrong with that! Really to see these banners in DR2 is making me a bit mad.. no offense to anything about codemasters but this is just wrong!! id rather see "fallguys" adverts... and probably its only because Pcars3 is selling very bad.. otherwise we would have seen F1 banners in DR2 right? 

Edited by thatDutchguy83
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Project Cars 2 has very poor gamepad control compared to Assetto Corsa. This is objectively measurable and provable. Please, Codemasters, don't let the botchers who are responsible for this mess mess around with Dirt Rally.

I am surprised that the gamepad handling in PC3 is supposed to be so good now.

2 hours ago, PaulNbg said:

Project Cars 2 has very poor gamepad control compared to Assetto Corsa. This is objectively measurable and provable. Please, Codemasters, don't let the botchers who are responsible for this mess mess around with Dirt Rally.

I am surprised that the gamepad handling in PC3 is supposed to be so good now.

I'm not sure that is completely objective, for sure I really struggle to get a pad working well with AC or ACC (and neither supports the d-pad either). PC2 I was able to get working well without a problem, although this was a huge upgrade on PC1 which I personally felt was borderline unplayable.

I'm not too worried though, DR2 has better pad inputs than both of those IMO.

21 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

I'm not sure that is completely objective, for sure I really struggle to get a pad working well with AC or ACC (and neither supports the d-pad either). PC2 I was able to get working well without a problem, although this was a huge upgrade on PC1 which I personally felt was borderline unplayable.

I'm not too worried though, DR2 has better pad inputs than both of those IMO.

I only own and (tried) to play PC1 with a pad on my xbox. No chance. I tried many controller settings found in the internet.
Never had a satisfying experience.

Didn't bought PC2, I don't give 2nd chances, if something is THIS bad.
PC3 looks like a terrible version of PC2, the controls might be better now, but the rest not.
Will never ever buy a product again wich involved the Slightly Mad guys.

20 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Will never ever buy a product again wich involved the Slightly Mad guys.

What if they make one that looks good in all the areas that are important to you...?

15 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

What if they make one that looks good in all the areas that are important to you...?

No trust, no faith.
I played Need for Speed: Shift, Shift 2: Unleashed, Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends and Project CARS from them.
While all of these had good gameplay, nice graphics and cool cars, the driving itself was always garbage with a controller.
Especially Project CARS.

At first I thought about giving them ANOTHER chance when PC2 released, but then I heared quite much negative feedback from the community regarding controls again. So I closed the files for me.
Too bad, the potencial is/was huge, but they got enough chances in my opinion.

PC3 moves directly into the wrong direction, so it was out of question even thinking about it.

1 minute ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

PC3 moves directly into the wrong direction, so it was out of question even thinking about it.

I could have said the same for my personal tastes with Codemasters' studio after CMR2 and Toca World Touring Cars - they went further and further away from reproducing motorsport accurately and I had zero interest in anything else they did until Dirt Rally - but I'd never say "I'll never buy a product from them again".

Just did a bit of research when I saw the footage of Dirt Rally, because I was very cynical.  People in companies change, the products evolve with them. I've no interest in PC3 but I think the people who make the game are talented folks and if put on the right project they could create something I'd want to play. I'll be very cynical at whatever they produce next, but I'll judge it on its merit.

I'm being a bit facetious there, sorry, I know you basically mean the same thing as I'm describing above.

• Like 1

Like you seem to know already, it is more a speech of frustration, really.
I know they can do it, but they disappointed me just too much in the past.

I of course will likely have them on my radar, like every other racing game developer out there (except PC only developers, because I don't play on PC at all).
Codemasters, Turn 10, Playground Games (wich I hate with a passion at the moment), Slightly Mad Studios, Milestone, Kylotonn, Polyphony Digital, Ivory Tower, Eden Games and even Ghost Games and Criterion Games, who did not made a good NfS-Game in 10+ years are at least on my radar.

I'm always looking after good racing games, and they don't have to be always simulation based.
Some sort of really good Burnout or Split/Second would be also cool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Playground Games (wich I hate with a passion at the moment)

🤔?

There seems to be some Forza drama recently but the game itself is well-polished/supported in my opinion.

On 9/7/2020 at 10:53 AM, PJTierney said:

I never played the first 2 games, and with no Forza out this year Project CARS 3 is a decent enough alternative for me.

IMO you're missing the best part of Project CARS2; the classic version of Le Mans with the 917K and 512S. Admittedly, not everyone was brought up on the Steve McQueen Le Mans movie...

9 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

IMO you're missing the best part of Project CARS2; the classic version of Le Mans with the 917K and 512S. Admittedly, not everyone was brought up on the Steve McQueen Le Mans movie...

I have the Ultimate Edition of the game, but it came out the same month as Forza Motorsport 7 and GT Sport, so it got pushed to the sidelines and never picked up. I only stopped playing Forza Motorsport 7 last month.