Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

Bad aliasing and jaggies in game - PS4 Pro

Posted (edited)

1.       A detailed description of the issue.

As you’ll see from the screenshot, where different colours on the livery meet, the differentiation between them is very aliased. The jagged edges are extremely noticeable as it looks like there’s not AA being applied to them? I though this post processing was implemented?

2.       Platform

PS4 Pro 

3.       What version of the game you are using (Shown on the start screen in the bottom left corner of the screen) 

4.       Game-mode? 

My team, TT are the only modes I’ve used. Both have the issue.

5.       What are your replication numbers? Minimum test attempts are 4. Please also add EXACT replication steps for us to try too. 

Race 50+ now, and it’s always the same and that’s through various game versions. 

6.       What troubleshooting have you attempted? Please always try to attempt to fix the issue 

Not a lot I can try quite frankly. I have tried in other game modes, but it happens whether there’s one or twenty two cars on track. It also appears on all tracks. 

7.       What peripherals are you are using (gamepad, wheel make & model etc) 

Thrustmaster T500 Ferrari Add on and keyboard, although I’m not sure that’s relevant here.. 

8.       Any screenshots or video of the issue? If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears.   

Yes, attached. Please notice the white lines on the halo - centre and sides. This isn’t the only location though, it’s around other parts of the cockpit where colours intersect. Obviously the cockpit is where I notice it most -  because of the playing camera. 

23474D52-6510-48C6-86A9-27467ECB07B0.jpeg

99ECCF8C-BB0F-434D-9599-E7F3C447026F_1_201_a.jpeg

810DB763-DA93-491A-97C9-AD3A951AA9D4_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by joetoml1n

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Are they not low res textures rather than AA issues?

I hope not. The game is designed to be ran in 4k and those textures are close up and in the eye line, so I would think they'd be a high enough resolution to fulfil those requirements. Those textures should be too close to the camera for it be an LOD issue?

1 hour ago, joetoml1n said:

I hope not. The game is designed to be ran in 4k and those textures are close up and in the eye line, so I would think they'd be a high enough resolution to fulfil those requirements. Those textures should be too close to the camera for it be an LOD issue?

I think this has happened before on PS4. Don't have one but pretty sure it's been an issue previously on older titles.

Yes I agree I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it before, but it shouldn’t be happening - hence the issue report. 

Here's an even better example. Notice the centre of the halo and the cockpit head protection padding..

IMG_6458.jpeg