Bug Reporting - PLEASE FOLLOW RULES AND COMPLETE REPORTS Read more... ×

[ Podium Pass ] - [ Series 1 ] - Various Weekly Challenges are not Completing/Updating Master Thread

Gonna add myself to this list, same issue as OP. Went into last weeks Spa event with 2/3 progress in the Serial Racer Challenge. Didn't count my attempt at Monaco for the previous event either. Screenshots below show current challenge progress, position in the Spa event and 4 grand prix weekly event trophys in my cabinet.

Not worried about not getting the livery, but still, pointing out the bug!

20200901003258_1.jpg

20200901002948_1.jpg

20200901003221_1.jpg

15 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

I'm posting to help :classic_smile:. I have seen posts relating to every sort of challenge as part of the current bug: daily, VIP and Series. Your issue is not unique. All challenges that relate to finishing races are affected, and some others (e.g. the filling the My Team schedule one).

For info. I have completed challenges in qualifying in GP mode, so I think it's more to do with finishing races than this specific mode.

I totally agree it's frustrating! I wish it were possible to revert to previous patches. If it were then everyone would have been able to solve the current issue for themselves.

It is definitely related to the Grand Prix-Mode, because a VIP-Challenge, that didn't unlocked in Grand Prix in several tries, unlocked right away in Driver Career-Mode. It was the Silverstone 3 best times one.

4 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

It is definitely related to the Grand Prix-Mode, because a VIP-Challenge, that didn't unlocked in Grand Prix in several tries, unlocked right away in Driver Career-Mode. It was the Silverstone 3 best times one.

Possibly it's behaving differently for you but I have successfully unlocked 'purple in' challenges in GP mode in 1.08. You have been setting the fastest time in three different sessions, right? Just asking as the challenge wording is unclear and so some think setting three fastest laps in a single session should unlock the challenges but it doesn't.

Same for me on Stadia... not counting : tryied mostly all day/night today to finish the Series Challenged... and it’s 3:35 am here... this one still stuck at 3/10. 😢

I finally surrender after sooo many try/combinaison/level/length (even on 100% GP length) ... not event finished the "Clean Championship" one: too sad/upset 😞

Capture_SoloGP.JPG

Edited by MykKendogi
  • Agree 1

@BarryBL

Sorry to tag in this but I don't suppose there is any sort of update on this? Have seen today that there is a week gap between podium passes as well which helps time wise if there is anything that can be done to help out the people affected by this.

It's very frustrating to have grinded for the livery just for the challenges to break in the last couple of days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

Possibly it's behaving differently for you but I have successfully unlocked 'purple in' challenges in GP mode in 1.08. You have been setting the fastest time in three different sessions, right? Just asking as the challenge wording is unclear and so some think setting three fastest laps in a single session should unlock the challenges but it doesn't.

I feel slightly offended.
It says "sessions" in german, wich means different Trainings/Qualifyings/Races.
So I did, nothing in Grand Prix-Mode.
In Career it worked, first 2 I got in My Team (Quali and Race), the 3rd in Driver Career (in Quali).

And now I'm worried we get a solution, because @BarryBL just ignores the reports, seeing he answers almost everything, but not these topics.

@UnderclassGDfan, it was a Bank Holiday here in the UK, so this is the first day I've been back since your report. 

Can you specify exactly which challenges are not unlocking so I can raise to devs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

@UnderclassGDfan, it was a Bank Holiday here in the UK, so this is the first day I've been back since your report. 

Oh, ok, didn't know that.

5 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Can you specify exactly which challenges are not unlocking so I can raise to devs.

@BarryBL I don't know the exact name of the challenge in english, but it must be "GP with variety" or "GP variety". Description of the challenge is: "Drive in total 10 different cars in Grand Prix".
Was on the "Solo" tab of the series challenges (upper row in the middle).

Made pictures of them in the first post.
I have also more for the VIP ones not unlocking.
But I only want the livery from these season 1 series challenge, because I played quite hardcore for that the last days.

But the Podium Pass is not accessible anymore due to the time being expired.
I still hope for a solution.
There are more reports of challenges (series and VIP) from others over the weekend wich didn't unlock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

I feel slightly offended.
It says "sessions" in german, wich means different Trainings/Qualifyings/Races.

Apologies if I offended you. The English wording was less clear than the German, and some have misunderstood it. I was asking to help you and others, not to criticise.

(All of the 'Purple in...' challenges I have completed were using three practice sessions in GP mode.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

Apologies if I offended you. The English wording was less clear than the German, and some have misunderstood it. I was asking to help you and others, not to criticise.

(All of the 'Purple in...' challenges I have completed were using three practice sessions in GP mode.)

The VIP challenge actually says "session" in german, despite it being not really a german word, but it is common.
In our country it's pretty clear, because we would use other words if we would mean just 3 fastest laps.

And you actually brought me to the idea to try a GP race with all trainings and qualifying sessions, but it didn't worked either, so I had to give up, because it was very late already.

My theory is, that 1.08 broke some challenges connected to GP-mode.
Maybe not all, but some.

I had 8/10 already when I attempted to complete it, so I already did some of them several weeks ago.
So it broke on the way somewhere.

All the other challenges that only work in GP-mode didn't unlocked either, like "win a race with Max Verstappen in Grand Prix".
Same for Russel and Kvyat wins.

I just hope they don't come up with "sorry, too late" or something like that.

1 hour ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

My theory is, that 1.08 broke some challenges connected to GP-mode.
Maybe not all, but some.

It broke many that have nothing to do with GP mode too, as well as XP that don't relate to any challenge. It really messed up Podium Pass progress, and this happening just at the end of the season has made it worse ☹️.

@UnderclassGDfan: In french that clearly said "Grand-Prix", so its normal its not working in GP mode. I dont speach German... 😢

If I understand that before, I do not go to sleep at 4am to try everthing I can to get the delivery bonus. Im sad... it was looking so nice. 😞

@BarryBL: Can you help me too? or I need to open a Bug Ticket too? I assure you I triyed everything to complete those challenge: my wife scream at me at 4am to go sleeping. 😞 This is the post I submit at 3:35am this morning below. 😴

Edited by MykKendogi

I stopped playing f1 until I had a solution. It's very frustrating.

Hi everyone,

I've done a merge on as many topics as I could find on the same issue, creating a Master Thread.

This is with developers and in discussions about creating a resolution. Thanks for your patience on this issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

I've done a merge on as many topics as I could find on the same issue, creating a Master Thread.

This is with developers and in discussions about creating a resolution. Thanks for your patience on this issue.

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Appreciate the hard work from the teams behind the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Good to see the developers and you are not ignoring the problem.
I appreciate that and I hope the developers find a solution for those like me, who didn't got the livery due to these issues.
I was so close!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your efforts on this really appreciated.

Thanks a lot @BarryBL ... and thanks also to all Developers. ❤️

Yeah... its was sad to do not get a livery after soooooo many hours of gaming to get it. 😞 I’m sure they will find a solution. 💪🏻

Edited by MykKendogi

On 9/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, BarryBL said:

Hi everyone,

Hi @BarryBL, has there been any progress on a mitigation, like a way to still reward the livery? As well as maybe info about how this will roll into the Podium Pass season starting now? I can imagine this might still be an issue with some achievements that start today.

Thanks for the hard work.

• Agree 1

@BarryBL I would also like to know how this will be handled.

I watched this thread for the last two weeks in hopes of an positive update and tried to be patient.

Now with the start of season two, I would like to know, if it makes sense to still hope for a positive solution for all affected players.
Doesn't make sense to start season two for me, if there is a chance not getting the reward at the end, because of a bug.

11 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@BarryBL I would also like to know how this will be handled.

I watched this thread for the last two weeks in hopes of an positive update and tried to be patient.

Now with the start of season two, I would like to know, if it makes sense to still hope for a positive solution for all affected players.
Doesn't make sense to start season two for me, if there is a chance not getting the reward at the end, because of a bug.

Positive Solution is on the way. 

We already had a solution in place, we are just working on the final logistics before release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BarryBL said:

We already had a solution in place, we are just working on the final logistics before release.

Nice work guys! Thanks for handling it and responding

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

That sounds much better I actually hoped 😍

On 9/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, BarryBL said:

Ohhhhh! I’m so excited! 🙂 Thank you so much guys. Always keep you faiths on Developers. Amen.

Keep us on touch.

@BarryBLThe new helmets I’m getting from the podium pass series 2 won’t let me use them once I’ve unlocked them.

Edited by FreddieNP8311