Jump to content
F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

So, how's the multiplayer and safety car in F1 2020?

Recommended Posts

I've not played the last 2 F1 games because of the multiplayer issues (glitches, desyncs, etc... you know) and the safety car issues which have not been addressed for years (it doesn't come out when playing online, you can penalties for no reason when following other cars behind the safety car, etc... you know).

How is it in this years game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Multiplayer is still far from being perfect, but it is playable and way more stable than how it was in 2018.

The most common problems that are still there are infinite "waiting for players" message (without any possibility to quit it if not by pressing ALT+F4 or disconnecting from internet), lack of ranked lobbies, can't filter unranked rooms by specific game settings (like assists, race length, etc...), very rare disconnections that can happen at the end of a session.

Edited by D4rio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2020 at 9:46 AM, Hawkeye407 said:

safety car issues which have not been addressed for years (it doesn't come out when playing online...

They fixed it during a late stage of F1 2019 and it has transited to F1 2020: imo, in a league racing community, where everyone is "mostly" clean, the SC works as intended.

DNF on track in league racing is almost always a full SC or VSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Costa said:

They fixed it during a late stage of F1 2019 and it has transited to F1 2020: imo, in a league racing community, where everyone is "mostly" clean, the SC works as intended.

DNF on track in league racing is almost always a full SC or VSC.

There have been quite a few posts from people who have experienced safety car bugs in leagues actually. How common it is I have no idea though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

There have been quite a few posts from people who have experienced safety car bugs in leagues actually. How common it is I have no idea though.

Seems to be penalties for contact under SC, which technically it's not SC itself?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will not buy F1 2020 (first time I dont buy th F1 game I had all ..(I am 65..) because multiplayer is so poor they should organise races like Gran Turismo sport you can play any week on new races against 19 other driver with the same level you have, in addition they organise Nations and constructors championships that really amazing 😁 you can improve ..or lose your rank

in addition handling (FFB) is so bad with my T300RS wheel..I was some 5 to 7 s slower compare to the best when I am 2 to 3 max on GTS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 5:00 PM, Costa said:

Seems to be penalties for contact under SC, which technically it's not SC itself?

Yes contact with other car under SC both cars get 5sec penalty,that is not good,also i notice behaind SC People do not behave like it supposed to,crash in you with full speed,do not respect delta time,and so on

Edited by massa88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×