F1 2020 Forum Championship SPACES AVAILABLE Read more... ×

PERFORMANCE UPDATE

Shockingly I believe this thought may already have occurred to Codemasters :classic_rolleyes:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Ferrari are so slow that even a blind knows they need a nerf in the game 

In a game-balance sense it's probably a terrible idea. Nerfing the Ferrari and their engine to the point like in real life will basically means now you have 3-4 teams of Williams in the game, it would gets pretty boring real fast to be honest 😬

I'm sure this'll be an unpopular opinion 🤦‍♂️

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Disagree 7

4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

I'm sure this'll be a unpopular opinion.

I posted ages ago that the game might be better as it is now :classic_smile:.

4 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

In a game-balance sense it's probably a terrible idea. Nerfing the Ferrari and their engine will basically means now you have 3-4 teams of Williams in the game, it would gets pretty boring real fast to be honest 😬

Well this is life. Sometimes teams can be that slow. 

2 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Indeed but we're talking about a game :classic_smile:.

Just now, Ultra3142 said:

Indeed but we're talking about a game :classic_smile:.

Do we talk here about F1 2020 The Official Game or someone's personal wishes? :classic_smile: 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

I understand, but we're in a fantasy world if we're talking about the game.

In real life at least the weaker teams could have a chance of bringing revolutionary ideas and suddenly become championship contender after major rule changes, with the current game design they have no chance, slow car stay slow forever. Unless they make the game more unpredictable, or else I prefer we stay in a fantasy settings with at least multiple teams being really competitive, not just Mercedes winning every races like in real life.

Edited by DRTApophis

1 minute ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Do we talk here about F1 2020 The Official Game or someone's personal wishes? :classic_smile: 

Well I haven't expressed any personal wishes...

• Like 1

Even a blind man could search this exact subject title and find Codies response. 

Performance update will come when they have collated enough data. 

Writing in all caps won't make it come any quicker. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

In real life at least the weaker teams could have a chance of bringing revolutionary ideas and suddenly become championship contender after major rule changes, with the current game design they have no chance, slow car stay slow forever. Unless they make the game more unpredictable, or else I prefer we stay in a fantasy settings with at least multiple teams being really competitive, not just Mercedes winning every races like in real life.

The game is already unrealistic because Mercedes should be around 8 tenths to second faster than the rest so they shouldn’t make anything else unrealistic 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

The game is already unrealistic because Mercedes should be around 8 tenths to second faster than the rest so they shouldn’t make anything else unrealistic 

You're not wrong, but our participation in F1 is already a signature that the game is a fiction.

I'm not against the idea of making things realistic, but unless the game itself could mix things up by itself (from at least season 2 onward), I don't recommend we doing it because there're gameplay balancing concerns.

Edited by DRTApophis

48 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

Have you tried a fantastic feature of this game - Career mode, in which you can make whatever car you like to be the fastest of anybody else. No more Ferrari suffer. Sounds good? I bet it does. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, DRTApophis said:

You're not wrong, but our participation in F1 is already a signature that the game is a fiction.

I'm not against the idea of making things realistic, but unless the game itself could mix things up by itself (from at least season 2 onward), I don't recommend we doing it because there're gameplay balancing concerns.

This is why we should have sliders in Career so we can chose frequency of things happening like safety cars and how much tyre wear and how quick or slow the development speed is

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, sergey_blackbird said:

Have you tried a fantastic feature of this game - Career mode, in which you can make whatever car you like to be the fastest of anybody else. No more Ferrari suffer. Sounds good? I bet it does. 

I don't expect people to read my post word by word, but I've been talking about career and MyTeam mode all these times when I mentioned about wanting the game having more mix up team development by the seasons.

You probably think I'm Ferrari fanboy, but I never liked them, not even a bit. I just want to have a more competitive field of cars that excels at different type of area where I can chase against them one by one. 

In the game, balancing can be done a lot more freely than just blindingly follow the real life counterpart. I wouldn't mind seeing a Williams or Haas competing for the win at all, at least from after the first major rule change in-game.

Like the good friend above mentioned, having a slider for the players to use freely at the beginning of a season to alter/adjust all the team's development speed and starting performance individually will fix this issue completely. You can balance the game or replicate real life all you want instead of waiting and complaining about patches.

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, SomaticCoast375 said:

Ferrari are so slow that even a blind knows they need a nerf in the game 

"We’re aiming to bring a performance update to F1® 2020 in the first half of October. This will include balancing the performance of Racing Point and Scuderia Ferrari. We’ll be revealing more soon!" it's from https://formula1game.com/2020/news/f1-2020-spa-sports-update so yea we need to wait for the october

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:
Ferrari wins all races in my career. I removed this stupid game.

Solid logic there :classic_rolleyes:.

• Haha 2