What the deuce has happened here?

I've just had an enjoyable My Career race in Russia which not only gave me my best race finish (seventh) but also the most enjoyment I've had with the game for quite a period of time. In fact my best lap showed two purple and one green sectors. The only thing that I can put down for this improvement is that I used a different TV. I usually play on a 47 inch TV and sit around 10  feet away from the screen......but now I've set up my console in another smaller room and I'm now sitting about 4 feet away from a 24 inch screen. I was surprised to be able to see the cornering lines so much better on the smaller screen. Ok......still had some poor laps.....and an 'issue' of some kind with the gearbox/transmission but I was delighted to finish the race in a position nearer to the winner rather than the back end. I'm sticking with the smaller TV setup.

Haha that happens! And I'm quite ashamed to not have realized that when I saw you posting about having faster inputs with a wired controller or something like that.

The TV setup has a huge impact on gameplay. If you don't configure your tv properly you could have a bad time with input lag.

Basically, just make sure to set your TV for their pre programmed Game Mode or whatever name your brand uses. Barring that, there's still improvements you can experience by sitting at a proper distance from the screen, as you seem to have done this time.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The proportion of your field of view filled with the smaller screen will actually have been larger, with a 24" screen at 4' being equivalent to a 60" screen at 10' (calculation: 10/4*24=60). This means everything in the game is effectively bigger and so will make it easier to see details. The following link will explain the idea if it's new to anyone:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

I play just under 9' from a 65" screen, but with my eyesight still find myself struggling to see brake marker boards on some tracks and wish they were bigger, especially when it's not sunny.

Edited by Ultra3142
  • Thanks 1

Oh yes......I'm liking the way the game plays and the nippiness of the car through high speed corners on the smaller telly. Definitely a feeling of less understeer and getting back on the throttle earlier.  My TT times on the three tracks that I have driven today have all been bettered. Austria by 2 seconds.....Germany by 3 seconds and Russia by nearly 4 seconds. I'll be back on the track after watching todays Belgian GP.

Scrogs my man, with improvements like those I'd consider sending my resume to Ferrari garage.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, marioho said:

Scrogs my man, with improvements like those I'd consider sending my resume to Ferrari garage.

Haha.....lap times getting faster......but I'm still pedestrian compared to you fast lads and lasses. 😥

Edited by Scrogs