Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In retrospect...

Should Codemasters have delayed the release even further to fix these issues or were they right it putting it out when they did?

Actually I think the question is, should they have set such an aggressive release schedule to begin with in the first place. It's clear that they are currently scampering to patch the bugs and possibly missing features that would have gone into the theoretical delayed release and I think this is hurting them quite a bit because while it's obvious there's not going to be a career mode, many people are judging the game on the merits of it's current state - which is probably going to be quite different in a few weeks.

It's my opinion that for their sake they should have stuck with their traditional release date, though as many I'm sure I do appreciate the effort. For my own sake I'm glad it did come out on the 10th as fortunately for me I haven't been as affected as some due to the fact I don't play online or multiplayer like many here who are having problems do.

For better or worse there should be quite a bit of fixes in the coming days because we've all essentially volunteered ourselves as their QA team so the crowd-sourced effort of finding all the tiniest of issues should help with all of that.

I don't think any sports game does that or would want to do that risking having only the previous years data to go off of. Consumers definitely wouldn't like it.

@matt231985 
You think they had a full calendar year while they were working on 2014 to devote 100% of their resources to the next gen version?

F1 2015 would be the best racing game ever if they delayed it till march when the actuall season starts. And maybe it should be F12016. So unless a lot of people skips this game this year, codies should skip it and wait till march and release full game with no bugs and all the features they had before. Aaand that excitment before the season strats....wow!! Now that would be epic game.

Zviko said:
F1 2015 would be the best racing game ever if they delayed it till march when the actuall season starts. And maybe it should be F12016. So unless a lot of people skips this game this year, codies should skip it and wait till march and release full game with no bugs and all the features they had before. Aaand that excitment before the season strats....wow!! Now that would be epic game.
Do you understand the devs have to eat.

History has repeatedly shown with many games that most bugs can be fixed in post-launch patches, which proves that games can indeed function properly after more time & testing - time & testing that should have been allotted during development by developers, not after launch by paying customers.

I buy games to play them - not to troubleshoot them, not to hunt for workarounds, and not to wait for them to hopefully be fixed some day later, with no guarantee that they'll ever be fixed.

I'm a paying customer, not a tester or early backer/investor. I'm not making charitable donations to "support game developers" - I'm handing over my money in a fair exchange for a fully functional game that I can actually play as soon as I pay for it.

I really wish game companies would stop treating "public launch" like a "retail beta" or "early access." The time for testing & bug-fixing is during development, not after release. Post-launch updates should be for minor fixes, extra polish, and additional features/content - not for plugging major holes knowingly (or incompetently) left open during development.

Partially
functional games aren't worth full retail price.

If a game is ready to
sell, then it should be ready to play.

Foztez said:
Zviko said:
Do you understand the devs have to eat.
Really? Oh im sure they will get a lot after alll this pre-order cancellations and refunds...bravo...blowndiffuser said:
@Zviko
So you mean release a 2015 game in nearly the 2nd quarter of 2016?
Yes and no. I said they should skip 2015 and just do 2016. And its just better time of year. Maxbe not really in march but atleast month or 2 later so they can get all the cars worked out.