F1 2020 |NEW PATCH AND DRIVER RATINGS | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Vote for the best MyTeam story now! Read more... ×

It’s coz the game can’t make a judgement who hit who so both get it . It’s the same on I racing 

On 8/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, maxim650 said:

It’s coz the game can’t make a judgement who hit who so both get it . It’s the same on I racing  

Indeed, it is so difficult to understand that car A is moving at a speed of 10 and car B is moving at a speed of 200. Both are to blame. fun

6 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

Indeed, it is so difficult to understand that car A is moving at a speed of 10 and car B is moving at a speed of 200. Both are to blame. fun

Actually, yes it is. Car behind might well be going faster, which might mean it looks like it is that cars fault, but I would say look at real F1 and see just how many get the blame in the same situations from double moves, or moving too late while braking etc. Speed alone is not a deciding factor for responsibility in a collision. Given how often people argue over choices stewards make in real world racing I doubt a game trying to do it has any chance. Might not be fair getting nailed with time when it wasn't your fault, but at least it is consistent.

You'll need to be waiting a long time for AI that can do this task effectively.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, halfblindgamer said:

Yeah, we have stewards on F1 to this day for a reason.

16 hours ago, halfblindgamer said:

Actually, yes it is. Car behind might well be going faster, which might mean it looks like it is that cars fault, but I would say look at real F1 and see just how many get the blame in the same situations from double moves, or moving too late while braking etc. Speed alone is not a deciding factor for responsibility in a collision. Given how often people argue over choices stewards make in real world racing I doubt a game trying to do it has any chance. Might not be fair getting nailed with time when it wasn't your fault, but at least it is consistent.

those. if you are standing on the side of the road and another car crashes into you, is it your fault? AHAHAHAHA

9 hours ago, MilligramSmile said:

those. if you are standing on the side of the road and another car crashes into you, is it your fault? AHAHAHAHA

What does this scenario have to do with what @halfblindgamer is talking about? They're nothing alike. 

Brake checking is a thing. It's punishable both on road incidents and on a racing event. It's even expressly prohibited on the FIA sporting regulations.

10 hours ago, MilligramSmile said:

If you're not supposed to be there, yes. And that's the point here, AI will be some time before it's able to differentiate. 

15 hours ago, marioho said:

What does this scenario have to do with what @halfblindgamer is talking about? They're nothing alike. 

Brake checking is a thing. It's punishable both on road incidents and on a racing event. It's even expressly prohibited on the FIA sporting regulations.

14 hours ago, amazingblaze said:

If you're not supposed to be there, yes. And that's the point here, AI will be some time before it's able to differentiate. 

this has not happened before
Now, after the race, the FIA of our local championship removes the stupid bugged penalties that this game issues.
this is extra work.

Brake checking happened before, Alonso vs Coulthard, Nurburgring 2003, last chicane. If I remember correctly his telemetry showed how earlier he hit the brakes leading up to the chicane compared to the laps before.

Alonso was a master of how to slow down in unusual parts of the track to throw off the rhythm of the attacker, as his defense tactic. The greatest demonstration of them all was Imola 2005, vs Schumacher. Absolute masterpiece of defense driving.

Edited by ragequit1
  • Like 1

Critics say we'll see his mastery of slowing down on unusual parts of the track again next year. They just ponder if he'll be able to follow through with the accompanying skill of picking up speed again.

Anyway, worst case scenario we have another WDC to battle the Red Haas.

Edited by marioho
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, MilligramSmile said:

Kinda wrong side of the question there. He was trying to say it's always teh car moving faster from behinds fault in a collision. Are you agreeing? Cus yes, your post it would be the cars fault. However, would it be his fault if you went and stood in the middle of the road around a blind bend, at night, while wearing a ninja suit? Most accidents from behind are the car behinds fault, but not always.

I'll tell you briefly.
The SC came out and during the restart a car flew into me at full speed, I and he were given a 5-second penalty.
He has something for that, but what have I got to do with the **** ?
Enraged by the stupid game...

2 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

I'll tell you briefly.
The SC came out and during the restart a car flew into me at full speed, I and he were given a 5-second penalty.

It's super irritating. I try to find online lobbies without SC, because I never get out of them alive. Either I get a ton of penalties for people crashing into me, or I lose my wing because of the same reason. I've even been disqualified because someone crashed into me at 300km/h behind the SC. IMHO there should be a lobby option to ghost all cars behind the SC. That would solve the **** show.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

I'll tell you briefly.

Ah, there is a prefect reason for this. It's called, "Welcome to online racing." lol

Hell, most races you'll have one or two that can manage to cause a 1998 spa style rolling inferno crash on a warmup lap or behind a safety car , let a lone at race speed.

4 minutes ago, halfblindgamer said:

Ah, there is a prefect reason for this. It's called, "Welcome to online racing." lol

Hell, most races you'll have one or two that can manage to cause a 1998 spa style rolling inferno crash on a warmup lap or behind a safety car , let a lone at race speed.

and here is online, the target audience in which I play one and the same, but the game "changes" every year, but bugs are inherited from year to year + new bugs.