Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 Throttle Saturation. Pls help.

So, Code masters decided to take out throttle saturation...? The cable from my wheel to the pedals is messed up, so on all racing games I have to set the saturation to about 60% in order to have some kind of acceleration. So I buy F1 2015 thinking it's just like every other game only to find out I just wasted $54.99. Is there a way to change the saturation with out going to the menus? Or am I stuck going 3 seconds slower than a Manor on easy difficulty? I have the Logitech Playstation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel.

bbb1111 said:
So, Code masters decided to take out throttle saturation...? The cable from my wheel to the pedals is messed up, so on all racing games I have to set the saturation to about 60% in order to have some kind of acceleration. So I buy F1 2015 thinking it's just like every other game only to find out I just wasted $54.99. Is there a way to change the saturation with out going to the menus? Or am I stuck going 3 seconds slower than a Manor on easy difficulty? I have the Logitech Playstation 3 Driving Force GT Racing Wheel.
are you on pc or playstation?
on pc you can change the saturation in the action_map_preset file
Its in your steam 2015 installation folder. search for the logitech dfgt entry tgere you can change the saturation value. default it's 1.0 . the lower! you put this value the more rsponsive the brake becomes

Hi ! 

in fact I have the same pb. And really ... I don't understand why Codemasters delete this setting ??? 
It's very important and now I have big problem of driveability...
Thx for your anwser Murax, the pb is I have set my own logitech g27 so how can I find the right entry in the action_map_preset_win ?

Hi ! 

in fact I have the same pb. And really ... I don't understand why Codemasters delete this setting ??? 
It's very important and now I have big problem of driveability...
Thx for your anwser Murax, the pb is I have set my own logitech g27 so how can I find the right entry in the action_map_preset_win ?

Hi, well if you open the action map file use the search function in your editor. Type in "logitech" and you will find your G27. Problem is I can't tweak the throttle saturation by changing the values like I did with the brake saturation. don't know why, I guess it's got something to do with the newly added differential setting in the setup menu.  Theres an option that allows differential change according to throttle use. No I idea, what it means though, but I suspect thats the reason why the throttle deadzone is a gamefixed feature. But we will probably never know since Codemaster refuses to give any useful Information about the features they include...

Like I said before, a real manual would make things much easier.

Can this be set too if you've remapped to a Custom set (from G27)?

The problem is I have set my own parameters in logitech G27 so why there isn't a specific section in the action_map file ?  But maybe it's doesn't matter ; if I change the values in action_map, it's sure it change the saturation in game for my wheel, even if in this section I've set my own profile ?
I mean how can be sure that change my g27 config? 

Yesterday I try something...I think it change a little but I'm not sure :s ...

However, if it is because of the differential, how should it be set ? This is the only thing I have learn and improve ^^'

The problem is I have set my own parameters in logitech G27 so why there isn't a specific section in the action_map file ?  But maybe it's doesn't matter ; if I change the values in action_map, it's sure it change the saturation in game for my wheel, even if in this section I've set my own profile ?
I mean how can be sure that change my g27 config? 

Yesterday I try something...I think it change a little but I'm not sure :s ...

However, if it is because of the differential, how should it be set ? This is the only thing I have learn and improve ^^'

------------------
Have you played around with the Acceleration Linearity value in the action_map file?  Personally, I would try different values, even negative, just to see the effect.