DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

no flashbacks online, no stupid penalty on track cut (just grass glue is enough), no upgrades...
We fight a year to have back a cockpit cam, and now someone would tell is not possible delete some
idiotic online features ?
grid1 online was a success because was easy and simple...
and few 5% of performance of ebay cars was enough to have 2 categories of lap times...
introduce car upgrade online would mean mess up all the time lap challenge between racers.

What is a fun break ?

The fun of bump to bump challenge:
how to break:
make impossible a clean race with truefeel powerslide (seems fixed from videos)

The fun of immersion:
how to break
delete cockpit cam (fixed)

The fun of a little recklessness and winning:
how to break:
give the power to kick to the host

The fun of time trial
how to break:
delete time trial

The fun of time laps challenge
how to break:
introduce upgrade of car

The fun of pilots drivestyle challenge
how to break:
introduce upgrade of car

The fun to be careful and smart driver:
how to break:
intruduce flashbacks online

The fun to chat and say GR or sorry in case of mistake
how to break:
delete text chat

The fun of spectate other race and watch other people racing while wait
how to break:
delete spectate mode from lobby

etc etc

custom lobby....'flashbacks off'. 

Course that doesn't address the problem of it splitting and diminishing the number of suitable races to choose from at any given time.  Better if they just didn't include daft options in the first place.
thats the big thing splitting the races down with far too many sh*t options.

penalties      (crap)
tuning          (worse)
flashbacks  (wtf?)

ALL WE NEED?  
assists  (on or off)
distance  (Short medium long) 
damage     (on or off)
collisions    (on off forward)
transmissions (manual or auto)

so huge posts, guys
just say it simplier
we need all from grid1 with new graphics(as for me even graphics is not so nessesery, just give me back grid 1 online)
the only changes its adding content,not deleting, not braking grid1 futures/physics or changing them to another
simple as 1+1
as for me its okay to wait a 6 month longer for have remastered grid 1 but not "grid 3, we trying to do what you want bla bla, but do it how we want bla bla, coz bla bla"

have to agree with the last 2 posts ,all along we said dont change any features from grid1 and all will be well..i feel there will be many complications with tuning/upgrades/dont see why flashbacks would be even considered in mp..so let the race begin and all will be revealed :[

As a single player I mostly agree with gor, although we're getting some improvements over GRID:  more helpful mini map, car behind arrow, and what sounds like most (if not all) the old tracks plus a bunch, and more cars.  And I believe audio effects have been improved, though my integrated monitor speakers are not quite stellar.

I am disappointed that much of GRID''s simplicity has been sacrificed, but there have always been plenty of GRID players supporting more customizing, tuning, upgrades and qualifying laps.  Even so, we are told that these developments are optional, at least in the career.  A save, maybe.

So it's still down to handling, which has to be experienced.  I understand that Codies are fully occupied meeting the release deadline, but I hope a demo is offered as soon as possible for the sake of latecomers at least.  I know - after release and after post-release blues fixing bugs, etc.

If I was King of the World it would be different, but it looks to me like we're getting a GRID sequel (please, please let the handling not be buggered); late, different, but recognizable.  At least in the career game.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.
Installation disc for the World.  And a Demo.

RubyRuby said:
As a single player I mostly agree with gor, although we're getting some improvements over GRID:  more helpful mini map, car behind arrow, and what sounds like most (if not all) the old tracks plus a bunch, and more cars.  And I believe audio effects have been improved, though my integrated monitor speakers are not quite stellar.

I am disappointed that much of GRID''s simplicity has been sacrificed, but there have always been plenty of GRID players supporting more customizing, tuning, upgrades and qualifying laps.  Even so, we are told that these developments are optional, at least in the career.  A save, maybe.

So it's still down to handling, which has to be experienced.  I understand that Codies are fully occupied meeting the release deadline, but I hope a demo is offered as soon as possible for the sake of latecomers at least.  I know - after release and after post-release blues fixing bugs, etc.

If I was King of the World it would be different, but it looks to me like we're getting a GRID sequel (please, please let the handling not be buggered); late, different, but recognizable.  At least in the career game.

Frank
Installation disc for the World.  And a Demo.

^:)^

Return classic Flashback with F2 F3 to choose need moment. Flashback from G2 is hard to be called "improoved". He is uncomfortable. In my opinion)

I believe Grid 1 was the first game to introduce us to the flashback system actually
My point was about, online, but I can see how I've made it seem towards your point . . . my brain was thinking online.

If you read the full post you can see the context by the mentioning of friends using Flashback in Dirt 3 online, and it looks as though it will be in Grid Autosport online. In SP Flashbacks aren't of any debatable importance as you can do what the hell you like there without it affecting anyone else.
no flashbacks online, no stupid penalty on track cut (just grass glue is enough), no upgrades...
We fight a year to have back a cockpit cam, and now someone would tell is not possible delete some
idiotic online features ?
grid1 online was a success because was easy and simple...
and few 5% of performance of ebay cars was enough to have 2 categories of lap times...
introduce car upgrade online would mean mess up all the time lap challenge between racers.

This is a disaster waiting to happen. . .we can see it . . they can't.

Sad, isn't it, all that business with ebay cars, the getting of patch 3, and the players working out how to have a completely level playing field.
Roll on 6 years and CM are going to drive a truck right through all that commonsense . .

ml66ok said:
have to agree with the last 2 posts ,all along we said dont change any features from grid1 and all will be well..i feel there will be many complications with tuning/upgrades/dont see why flashbacks would be even considered in mp..so let the race begin and all will be revealed :[
It's all about egos and wishing to appear to be worth their wages. What else could it be ? . .they know what we want and don't want but still stuff that shouldn't be there is being put in . . .and they are the ones telling us how precious space is.

Bloody Flashbacks taking up space chat and spectate could use . . . but, hey, if they insist on making it purely for little kiddies, carry on . .

ml66ok said:
i,ll report back on day 1 with my opinion on handling with a wheel
^:)^
All of us will be awaiting that report as you will be the only sucker, sorry, guy, who has bought the game, lol . .

As for anyone wanting Flashbacks online, "don't you think you would be better suited to Mario Kart" ? . . .

It's nice to see so many GRID drivers asking for serious handling etc.
I thought there was a lot more who would miss all the drifting part.

95+% of the feedback is showing that people are waiting for "some kind of serious" Touring Car game (including me).
It feels a bit like Codemasters wanted a bit (to much?) from both worlds into this game - not that it in any way is a bad turn for GRID (to me), but it looks like a "genue" TOCA/Touring Car game would have been a even more serious hit than GRID Autosport seemes to be atm (which is BIG already).

I can forgive a lot (steering aid, no weather etc) and I could even live well without the cockpit cam (I only use that very seldom anyway), but..
Online Flashback and no pit must be either a sign of a TOCA game caming also, or a bummer from the main guy on this game.

It's kinda strange really - when game makers ask "what do you want in next game" why isn't it obvious that we (the community) don't ask for things like pit if it's already in the game?
If people DON'T want that, they normally express it.

Well, the CM guys has gone a long way (it seemes) to get this game spot on right - cudos to that.
Just a kinda bad call to leave out a fundamental league-level option like that, now everything else (or most) points in such a great direction..
(Can I shout out my "Early Access, please" once more here please?) :) It's really ment in a kind and helpful way for both community (buyers) and programmers/planners etc.

The return of the freestyle, circuit and perhaps touge drifting. I didn't play GRID 2 for a long time mainly because for one, it's forced drifting method didn't quite work, it lacked all sort of feel it was so unnatural and forced that it made me cry to play the races. The so called "drift" events were just so damn terrible that I just had to drop playing the game I had high hopes for all together. Drifting was one of the main selling points of GRID 1 to me and I expected GRID 2 to follow within that same greatness of variety GRID 1 had to offer, but it sorta forced drifting as a core element of the game and even then the game mechanic for it was really bad.

I have so many good memories and so many good friends I've made during all the years I've drifted in GRID 1, Rastus for one being one of my oldest and dearest friends I've met and had the pleasure to play with in GRID.

I just hope you take the right direction and continue within the foundation of where GRID 1 set a prime example, have variety, but also right amount of balance. The grip races were fun, as were the drifting events especially online where you could have well skilled drivers drift side by side, trading paint and getting comfortable with rubbing doors side by side, corner through corner and having that great adrenaline rush as you're on a heightened sense of awareness, slowly giving in to the flow and just letting the feeling guide your drifts and create exciting drift battles. 

'Cuse the loud music, for it's what I like.  

Personally I think this was the best tandem drift video I ever did on the touge, using haruna multiplayer mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67t7LM6aaE

And this one was with my man Rastus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxacF8HWwC0&hd=1

Great videos Zappac. I'll show those to the car handling team, they'll love it :) So smooth, no major corrections needed on the steering. Wonderful control.

I also like how you just completely ignored the rules of the race to go drifting back
up the mountain.

Britpoint said:
Great videos Zappac. I'll show those to the car handling team, they'll love it :) So smooth, so major corrections needed on the steering. Wonderful control.

I also like how you just completely ignored the rules of the race to go drifting back
up the mountain.

Want to hear the real shocker? I've drifted my whole drifting life in GRID 1 on a keyboard. Yup, no joke. I got meself a G27 steering wheel, but I got so accustomed to drifting with a keyboard in GRID 1 that I never really wanted to change away from that. And there's only a handful of people whom I know also keyboard drift because it's obviously very hard to do and gamepads like 360 controller are so much easier and smoother to use and drift with, haha.

The best one I know aside myself definitely is SRTKOS27, one mad Ukrainian drifter. I can keep up with Rastus on the US drift tracks even though he uses a wheel.

I got a good one with SRTKOS27 as well, in the HKS Freestyle mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0ujX29MX4&hd=1

That does surprise me! I guess as long as you get the corner entry right it's mostly about modulating the power; real drift drivers pump the throttle to keep the rear end loose without completely spinning, so I guess you can do the same thing on a keyboard. Consider me impressed at any rate.

Edit: 1:00... you missed a drift gate. For shame ;)

Britpoint said:
That does surprise me! I guess as long as you get the corner entry right it's mostly about modulating the power; real drift drivers pump the throttle to keep the rear end loose without completely spinning, so I guess you can do the same thing on a keyboard. Consider me impressed at any rate.

Edit: 1:00... you missed a drift gate. For shame ;)

I'm only a human, mistakes do happen every now and then no matter how experienced you are... =)

Throttle control is the biggest thing in drifting fo' sho' but steering also plays a big part obviously. Throttle control comes down to knowing how much you can give the car more angle and how much speed you can get (how hard and long you can step on the throttle) feathering the throttle is the most essential part of drifting that's for sure. It's much, MUCH harder to master than steering.

Knowing when you can give and when you can't give throttle always determines how flashy you look and directly affects your car control. Small mistakes require fast reflexes to correct in drifting, after all you're initiating the car in a controlled slide which to maintain you must know what you're doing or else you're just gonna be a scrap metal box on the side of the track (or worse, a pancake against some concrete wall)

Sorry about this post in advance..

I haven't done more than 60 min or so in GRID1 and 2, so I'm a "new user" for these games.
Even my interest has been really big till now, seeing this gets me reconsider to buy any GRID game.

@Zappac - I will no way doubt your skills at doing this, but this is not what I'm looking for, and I don't quite understand  (edit: understood) @Britpoint 's entusiasm on this one as a car handling game designer at a "semi-sim" game (sorry).

As I said - I'm sorry to write this post, but I guess I gotta wait and see now if there's any Early Acces, alpha testing or similar before I decide to buy or not.

ChokDK said:

I haven't done more than 60 min or so in GRID1 and 2, so I'm a "new user" for these games.
Even my interest has been really big till now, seeing this gets me reconsider to buy any GRID game.

@Zappac - I will no way doubt your skills at doing this, but this is not what I'm looking for, and I don't quite understand @Britpoint 's entusiasm on this one as a car handling game designer at a "semi-sim" game (sorry).

As I said - I'm sorry to write this post, but I guess I gotta wait and see now if there's any Early Acces, alpha testing or similar before I decide to buy or not.
Well, to me personally I just hop onto GRID to have a good time. It's not a super serious sim game, but it's not completely arcade racer either. Whatever you're seeking for in a game I suppose, to me GRID is a very fun game to drive in. Others might be looking for different racing experience than the one GRID has to offer. 

ChokDK said:

@Zappac - I will no way doubt your skills at doing this, but this is not what I'm looking for, and I don't quite understand @Britpoint 's entusiasm on this one as a car handling game designer at a "semi-sim" game (sorry).

Well bear in mind we were just looking at drift cars there, they're specifically designed to go sideways everywhere. Something like a touring car or an open wheel race car would obviously be very different. But when you're talking about drift cars, the way @Zappac drove in those videos is how they really behave, more or less.

And if drifting doesn't appeal to you, that's only one area of the GRID games. In Autosport there are five disciplines, and only one of them features drift events. So if that's not your thing and you want something more about grip driving, you should be covered.

Okay both - sorry (again) :)
I guess I should stay out of those cars then :P
I did some offline laps at Yas Marina (great fun btw!) in GRID 1 when I tried it out lately, so yeah maybe there's "something for everyone" then I guess.

ChokDK said:
Okay both - sorry (again) :)
I guess I should stay out of those cars then :P
I did some offline laps at Yas Marina (great fun btw!) in GRID 1 when I tried it out lately, so yeah maybe there's "something for everyone" then I guess.
Variety is something which makes GRID such a great experience :)

I can drift the very first track drifting events with a keyboard, but it gets much harder very quickly and I finally gave it up.  That's one of the great things about GRID.  There's so much diversity you can skip big chunks of what's there and still run a very satisfying career.  I keep telling myself I'm going to spend more time with Drift and get it down, just not yet.

Frank
Zappac said:

Britpoint said:
Great videos Zappac. I'll show those to the car handling team, they'll love it :) So smooth, so major corrections needed on the steering. Wonderful control.

up the mountain.

Want to hear the real shocker? I've drifted my whole drifting life in GRID 1 on a keyboard. Yup, no joke. I got meself a G27 steering wheel, but I got so accustomed to drifting with a keyboard in GRID 1 that I never really wanted to change away from that. And there's only a handful of people whom I know also keyboard drift because it's obviously very hard to do and gamepads like 360 controller are so much easier and smoother to use and drift with, haha.

The best one I know aside myself definitely is SRTKOS27, one mad Ukrainian drifter. I can keep up with Rastus on the US drift tracks even though he uses a wheel.

I got a good one with SRTKOS27 as well, in the HKS Freestyle mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG0ujX29MX4&hd=1

Zappac said:
The return of the freestyle, circuit and perhaps touge drifting. I didn't play GRID 2 for a long time mainly because for one, it's forced drifting method didn't quite work, it lacked all sort of feel it was so unnatural and forced that it made me cry to play the races. The so called "drift" events were just so damn terrible that I just had to drop playing the game I had high hopes for all together. Drifting was one of the main selling points of GRID 1 to me and I expected GRID 2 to follow within that same greatness of variety GRID 1 had to offer, but it sorta forced drifting as a core element of the game and even then the game mechanic for it was really bad.

I have so many good memories and so many good friends I've made during all the years I've drifted in GRID 1, Rastus for one being one of my oldest and dearest friends I've met and had the pleasure to play with in GRID.

I just hope you take the right direction and continue within the foundation of where GRID 1 set a prime example, have variety, but also right amount of balance. The grip races were fun, as were the drifting events especially online where you could have well skilled drivers drift side by side, trading paint and getting comfortable with rubbing doors side by side, corner through corner and having that great adrenaline rush as you're on a heightened sense of awareness, slowly giving in to the flow and just letting the feeling guide your drifts and create exciting drift battles. 

'Cuse the loud music, for it's what I like.  

Personally I think this was the best tandem drift video I ever did on the touge, using haruna multiplayer mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N67t7LM6aaE

And this one was with my man Rastus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxacF8HWwC0&hd=1

LOL I remember that session! One of the best of many :D A few epic moments in there, 

My rare and epic tailslap @ 14:26 leading to an even more rare zero score, 
Laughing so hard about that score that for the next race I got stuck in the GTO,  (I always hated that car as I could never could get it to drift smoothly).
I then proceeded to take out poor Han, we both apologized using TEXT CHAT!!!!!!! then all 4 followed closely by your HOLY ****!!!!! moment :D

I even got a vid of that race from my point of view (see 1:50 onwards for the take out to the close call).

http://youtu.be/mR1UbYIaLts

This was the next race :)

http://youtu.be/8cq4nlm2_nE

Ahhh those were the days dude, sidewayz with a passion :)