Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

Loore said:
I had the same thought. Game is 2 months before publishing and they are asking about feedback.
We often reach a point where we have time to put a feature into the game but only have two possible options, threads like this do help the decision.

They are also a great tool for when it comes to the final few weeks of the dev cycle, that's the time when we throw all those final tweaks and polish onto the game, again, the features that come up time and time again are the ones we can look to first.
Not sure if you mean a choice between two possible options or include two options, but its clear to me that those are first text chat and second spectator mode.  I have a feeling that spectator mode is a question of available resources for the consoles (having reinstated things like cockpit view), so I guess the pc version wouldn't get it either.  That just leaves text chat as the number one for me.

I would also make another shout in a future patch for Rift support.

OK . . .if they have been listening, time for another 2 questions :

Will Grid Autosport have Time Trial ?

Will the boot cam be made higher than in Grid 2 ?

Tell you what, guys, why don't each of us ask a question of what it will have which Grid 1 had, we can then tick off just how much stuff is left out . . . which will give us a good indication of how good their hearing is . . ?

CM, our wallets are straining at the leash. You know what has to be done for us to open them . . . and we know what will keep them shut . .ball is in your court.

Regarding Time Trial, I've already asked @Loore‌ this question in his Q & A thread, the thread he started because he was so overwhelmed by all the questions in the other threads he was concerned he may miss some questions. Funnily enough he still managed to miss both of my queries asking whether Time Trial was back...But I've seen him mention Time Attack a few times elsewhere, so looks like we are stuck with that worthless mode again trying to set best laps with a full grid of AI cars getting in the way. But I'm sure CM's target audience find it far more exciting than boring old Time Trial!!

Regarding Time Trial, I've already asked @Loore‌ this question in his Q & A thread, the thread he started because he was so overwhelmed by all the questions in the other threads he was concerned he may miss some questions. Funnily enough he still managed to miss both of my queries asking whether Time Trial was back...But I've seen him mention Time Attack a few times elsewhere, so looks like we are stuck with that worthless mode again trying to set best laps with a full grid of AI cars getting in the way. But I'm sure CM's target audience find it far more exciting than boring old Time Trial!!
Time Trial is in GRID Autosport.

Time Attack is a different entity all together :)

Loore said:
Time Trial is in GRID Autosport.

Time Attack is a different entity all together :)
Ah . . at last, a BIG + . . .and like you say, Time Attack is something completely different. We Gridder groups have our own competitions based solely on TT as we try to outdo one another, as well as test all cars and tracks, find the best lines, braking points, etc., this has pushed the needle well into the , "think about buying", an inclusion of text chat streaming and I can see the wallet opening . . . and it won't just be mine.

Also, it seems that the driving/grip model could pass scrutiny which makes another big +.

Higher boot cam absolutely a must, far too low in Grid 2 . . . would be another big +.

All of this (plus the amount of tracks we are getting, and better drafting), and we have something which could be "bumper to bumper" playable . . . and having the capability for bumper to bumper is the single biggest requirement. . . oh, and if this does all work the 2nd biggest requirement is to secure long term online not pull the plug after 3 years.

Wouldn't it be so nice if CM DO surprise us . . and if we get the game we want they will certainly get the praise.

With no LAN in GRID A I would think that long term support from Codies will be even more important for a long term multiplayer fan base.  I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen more complaints about there being no LAN in the game.

Frank

@ Loore:

Will the PC retail disc include the actual game install files, or will it just have a Steam key?

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

RubyRuby said:
@ Loore:

Will the PC retail disc include the actual game install files, or will it just have a Steam key?

Frank
Hi Frank,
I decided to take Loore at his word, time will tell if that was a good idea.

Anyway, I've just paid the company, Game, £34.99 for the pre-order Limited Black Edition. This comes as a game Disk in the normal way, not as a Steam Key.
The deal includes a very similar Mercedes to the one which had me buying the Pre-order 0f TDU2 3 years ago, and a load of special liveries . . if you look at the price for an Amazon copy I'm only paying £2 extra for the Limited Black Edition.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grid_autosport/news/grid_autosport_gets_day_one_black_edition.html

I know I'm likely to get stick from certain quarters, lol . . but Loore has been given plenty of stick and on balance the info returned, plus the goodie bag in the Limited Black Edition, has just swayed it for me . . .

Whether we like it or not this "hard core" we belong to has a kind of momentum of its own and I just have the feeling that all the guys will be buying so why not grab some goodies as an extra, lol . . . if it doesn't pan out it's only £35, not £80 buying BF4 + Premium only to find out I've lost interest in the series.

Hey, Cap.

I really hope it pays off, man.  Xbox360, or PC?  I'm fairly convinced, as I guess you can tell, but not quite there yet.  I'm still holding out.  Cheers.

Frank

i spent 25eur for grid2 preorder, but was in fact half game, the other half game is something like 10 DLC that i left on the shelf.

About Autosport preorder, i pass. There is not hurry, and we don't know yet how many dlc are scheduled.
So this mean you don't know how much percentage of the game you have really bought. :D

I wait the first good steam offer for few and cheap... 

I know I'm likely to get stick from certain quarters, lol

Now out of all the surprise announcements on this forum, this is the biggest by far.....yes siree...deary deary me.... [just letting the games press know ]  ;)
:)] :)] :)]

RubyRuby said:
@ Loore:

Frank
All our PC games have the install files on there, so you'll be able to install using those instead of Steam. I do know though that Steam has a habbit of forcing you into downloading them, but that's more of a Steam problem I believe - I've had it happen to a couple of games I've bought myself.

But yes, short answer: all the files are on the disk, bar any updates that may happen between manufacturer and release.

Edit: Cap, I'm honoured I'll put the signed copy back in the drawer for now then.

RubyRuby said:
Hey, Cap.

I really hope it pays off, man.  Xbox360, or PC?  I'm fairly convinced, as I guess you can tell, but not quite there yet.  I'm still holding out.  Cheers.

Frank
PC

The Time Trial swayed it for me (added to the other positive points), as I do spend a lot of time learning the tracks using that facility, and now that we have "proper" (a word popular in this NEW country of Cornwall), driving, meaning the car will now go where we point it, sorting the lines and Braking points means business as usual . .

Oh . . and McRoss has joined me in getting the Limited Black Edition . . such a wise chap, lol . .

Wow Cap. Super fast car, that you probably will not use ;p and some liveries or sponsors, are enough to make you change your mind so quickly?

You just broke no pre-order rule you set for the next Codies game.

:) 

......and you Johan :o

:)

I know I'm likely to get stick from certain quarters, lol

Now out of all the surprise announcements on this forum, this is the biggest by far.....yes siree...deary deary me.... [just letting the games press know ]  ;)
:)] :)] :)]
Grid 2 might be a train crash, but when I fire it up there is still that buzz when seeing the graphics and starting the cars, only a CM racer does this for me . .so I know that once the game of debate over Grid Autosport has taken its various swashbuckle I'll take a decision on the outcome.

It cannot be all one-sided and Loore, plus a few of the others at CM, have taken what we have thrown at them and been upfront with trying to get this racing malarkey back on track, and that can't happen without a bit of give and take . .

There is no more info required, I now have the picture (or as much as I'm likely to get), so have made my decision . . .and for me that is a "buy" . . . and as a lifelong poker player I like a bit of a gamble, and like in poker, some decisions you get right, some you get wrong, either way you accept the consequences . .