Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

We haven't really started with real info on the game yet. There is maybe to seen only 5 mins of cut gameplay, some pictures of few tracks and one pic of some cars. 
I suggest to wait for livestreams and then maybe decide. I haven't seen handling video so i have seen nothing.

Wow Cap. Super fast car, that you probably will not use ;p and some liveries or sponsors, are enough to make you change your mind so quickly?

You just broke no pre-order rule you set for the next Codies game.

:) 

......and you Johan :o

Hahaha . .no, flowa, the bonus pack didn't sway my decision as you can see if you read my posts . . the bonus pack is just that, a bonus.

In all debates I play the game of debate, we use the tools we have as the tools of debate. It's like a fencing match where you try to outwit the opponent.
In this instance it is about challenging statements and trying to extract information, attacking statements to see how they are defended, threatening consequences to see how they are parried, etc. etc.

I have done all of that and extracted what I have extracted . . I carve nothing in stone nor follow any dogmatic path so my mind has the freedom to be flexible, which put simply means I can change my mind in the light of new information . .

I would wish for more in the game but given the time scale can understand things being as they are, and what I see has enough attraction for me to buy the game . .

When it comes to racing games we threw our hats into the ring in 2008, and they are still there so ask yourself, was there any chance of any of us - besides Purple, lol - not buying a Grid game ?

Well, had a very pleasant lecture. Thanks.

But still, taking into consideration tactics that should be used in the game of the debate, wouldn't it better be, to wait a bit more and push how much you can for a text chat ;)

We don't know if the debate is over.:)

So far it has been single player only i think.  I wait for livestream where i can see custom multiplayer race. And how the cars handle there.

We haven't really started with real info on the game yet. There is maybe to seen only 5 mins of cut gameplay, some pictures of few tracks and one pic of some cars. 
I suggest to wait for livestreams and then maybe decide. I haven't seen handling video so i have seen nothing.

@ Loore

Any track guides or visual overviews before selecting a track or track layout in Grid Autosport !?

If you really google around there is more than a flicker of info out there, and there is enough info to see the direction CM is taking with the racers . . and I think you can see that.

I'm taking a punt on human nature . . I thought the only way CM could dig themselves out of the Grid 2 hole had to be by giving us enough of what we want, and that appears to be happening.
So, like I have already said, there has to be give and take, and that is why I pre-ordered  now and not in a few weeks time, which is the honest thing to do . . . I made the decision now, not in a few weeks' time.

Something I should mention . . I miss my skinning, and need a successful Grid or Dirt game so that I can get back into it . . .

Tell you what . . . if CM make the next Dirt game with real or complete tracks - no cut 'n' shut - it will be an instant buy for me, and if they put in Pikes Peak they would sell out, lol . .

Wow Cap. Super fast car, that you probably will not use ;p and some liveries or sponsors, are enough to make you change your mind so quickly?

Oops. Finger slipped when I was in looking at coming games .....;)

Well, had a very pleasant lecture. Thanks.

But still, taking into consideration tactics that should be used in the game of the debate, wouldn't it better be, to wait a bit more and push how much you can for a text chat ;)

We don't know if the debate is over.:)

Explanation, not a lecture . . .  sarcasm from you is a bit surprising.

Whip a dog and he'll obey, but with resentment.
Show some kindness, some give and take, and he'll want to obey, to be helpful.
So where did I say the debate was over ? I thought I said nothing is carved in stone . .

Oops. Finger slipped when I was in looking at coming games .....;)
Hahahaha . .now why did I know at some point Johan has to make a comment, lol . . 
:-O

You see, i wasn't 100% sure if a lecture was indeed right word to use so now you know it was not intentional :)  I have agreed with everything you said about the game so far. It has always been a good reading - this was the right word :) 

You see, i wasn't 100% sure if a lecture was indeed right word to use so now you know it was not intentional :)  I have agreed with everything you said about the game so far. It has always been a good reading - this was the right word :) 

No offence taken, flowa, I'm well used to your directness, indeed, welcome it.

I'm very wary of thinking something is OK just because I want it to be. When Grid Autosport appeared I looked for a "Showdown" repeat . . but couldn't sense it.
My gut feeling can be wrong but I do feel that GA could be on the level, and that is what I have backed.

CM have taken the right direction and I do believe they will try and put in everything possible of what we want . . I do believe that streaming chat and spectate will be in if it is possible, and if not in this game in the next . .

Contrary to what some might believe, having a go at CM is me trying to be the Devil's Advocate, not taking a pop at them just for a bit of sport . . . at the end of the day us Gridders are firmly on the same page, all wanting the same thing . .and there is no reason to list that yet again.

I'm still not gonna pre-order it even now you 2 did it.    :D

Not buying any codemasters game till I tried it, one way or another.
I dont care about the merc and defently not about some liveries as I most likely will make my own again (if I am gonna buy the game that is) and only use that one.   :D

I also like better the way Loore communicates with us lately :) Maybe he should send us his reports too :P

I'm all for transparency, if there is nothing to hide why try to hide it . . .

I also like better the way Loore communicates with us lately :) Maybe he should send us his reports too :P

I'm all for being open and transparent, I don't think internal reports are good for external use for a number of reasons but I'd love to get to a stage where we can have some joint discussion / report in a real time environment.

I'll decide on ordering when I know exactly what's in the box.  From what I've read so far, I will definitely be ordering, but it will just come down to how much I want to pay for it.  Tracks are my main interest and I want to see them all listed..

You dang well right on the money there.
The last few games from CM was just too great a let down...they even killed grid1 to put salt in the wound 8(

I'm all for changing my mind and all, but facts is facts and history is to be learned from....not cast aside like some seem to have done.
But each to their own, power to you, i hope the game is good enough to warrant me purchasing it too....i sincerely do.

But we been here before and im not going there again....id rather enjoy summer 8D

Goonertez said:

You dang well right on the money there.
The last few games from CM was just too great a let down...they even killed grid1 to put salt in the wound 8(

I'm all for changing my mind and all, but facts is facts and history is to be learned from....not cast aside like some seem to have done.
But each to their own, power to you, i hope the game is good enough to warrant me purchasing it too....i sincerely do.

But we been here before and im not going there again....id rather enjoy summer 8D
Hahahaha . . . and I wonder whose little peccadillo the history jibe is aimed ? lol . . . however, I fail to see what has been cast aside ?
What I have learnt from history where Grid Autosport is concerned is that Loore and CM have at last learnt from History, because history tells me that previously they acted in a different way. . . stick that in your pipe, lol . .  
B-)

Hahahaha . . . and I wonder whose little peccadillo the history jibe is aimed ? lol . . . however, I fail to see what has been cast aside ?
What I have learnt from history where Grid Autosport is concerned is that Loore and CM have at last learnt from History, because history tells me that previously they acted in a different way. . . stick that in your pipe, lol . .  
B-)
Well of corse its aimed at you...who else has derided grid2 [among other titles] so overtly and has just announced they have bought GAS mm?

And you dont see whats been cast aside? well ok ill say it again a little more plainly.

Its the history...the history of codies racing games since grid...im sorry to have to say this so bluntly, but since grid....codies racers have gone only one way...and thats the wrong way in my opinion. [ok dirt 2 was ok, but it wasnt as good as grid 1 or even dirt 1 imo]

Yes thats my opinion, but im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks like that....and im pretty darn sure you have written pretty similar also.

TL,DR: nutshell is that codies 'jumped the shark' after grid [but the titles keep comin so theres hope yet]

You also mention history and GAS....what...all two weeks of it?
or is it more, i dont know now, time...it flies so fast these days eh.

Dont get me wrong here, im so hopin GAS will be a great game, but to purchase it now?
No thank you sir....I need to await some decent first hand feedback from someone who has played the game before i commit.

Dont happen to know any half decent racers who have bought in do ya?
8P

ROFL nice one Terry!

Cap I'm shocked dude but your reasoning (to me) makes perfect sense as, like you I find the sway meter is moving rapidly towards spending the cash.

Dunno if I'll just wait for Steam to start offering preorders or see about a disc copy, at least with a disc copy I won't have to wait hours for the d/load (unless they do a preload as per G2? any chance of confirmation on that point Loore?).

The reviews so far are what has caused this shift in my thoughts, most seem to support the path taken. Yes there are still things we wanted but haven't got. Yet on the whole these reviews have stressed the return of grip driving.

See, that was really my main issue with G2, drifting physics in racing and dancing on ice (using 2 tea trays) handling for drift.

Other major complaints in order of importance for me was like this 
Mic's open as default,
Lack of Text chat,
Feeling almost divorced from the controls, (they just felt loose and sloppy using the wheel).
The ruin that was drift
Lack of spectate mode in lobby.
No cockpit cam (I rarely use it but it does make for far more intense racing/replays),

So as it appears from the comparative reviews that most of my pet hates have been addressed plus Text chat has not yet been totally ruled out. It really is one of the most missed features from Grid 1.

This is enough for me to seriously consider a pre-order. So I'll most likely do so soon.

Hi Frank,
I decided to take Loore at his word, time will tell if that was a good idea.

Anyway, I've just paid the company, Game, £34.99 for the pre-order Limited Black Edition. This comes as a game Disk in the normal way, not as a Steam Key.

Good ol' Captain, first one to spam his (pretty well deserved) criticism, first one to drop his pants.
I just hope you won't be deceived capt'ain, 'cause i'm on a safer boat.