F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

Loore -  I've bought the Limited Black Edition which I believe is only available from Game.

If Steam is left to use the disk as recognition and then download the files, will it download all the stuff in the Black Edition, or just the basic game ? just need to check on this . .

muckymu said:

Hi Frank,
I decided to take Loore at his word, time will tell if that was a good idea.

Anyway, I've just paid the company, Game, £34.99 for the pre-order Limited Black Edition. This comes as a game Disk in the normal way, not as a Steam Key.

Good ol' Captain, first one to spam his (pretty well deserved) criticism, first one to drop his pants.
I just hope you won't be deceived capt'ain, 'cause i'm on a safer boat.
I've put it out there so if I get egg on my face I get egg on my face . . . but I know one thing, if things keep going in the present direction I will not be alone.
In fact, if things keep going in the direction they are there will be a hell of a lot joining the party . .

If it all goes tits up on release we can all have a laugh, and I'll send Assie over to bitchslap Loore, lol . . .

muckymu said:

Hi Frank,

Anyway, I've just paid the company, Game, £34.99 for the pre-order Limited Black Edition. This comes as a game Disk in the normal way, not as a Steam Key.

Good ol' Captain, first one to spam his (pretty well deserved) criticism, first one to drop his pants.
I've put it out there so if I get egg on my face I get egg on my face . . . but I know one thing, if things keep going in the present direction I will not be alone.
In fact, if things keep going in the direction they are there will be a hell of a lot joining the party . .

If it all goes tits up on release we can all have a laugh, and I'll send Assie over to bitchslap Loore, lol . . .
Let me ask you one question, how cheap were you?

pre-order is more than a day1 buy.
Few games for me are a day1 buy, and after grid2 is a matter of principle skip the preorder.
And the reason is not because grid2 was not as we imagine, but because of too much DLC.
If i make a preorder i want to be sure i have the whole game, and not become a slave for some missing content left out of the game at day1, or stuff like spa track sold for good gold, a piece at once.
But i understand captainjack, and him criticism is still there, 
and have the balls to tell everyone that (nothing eggs from me), and there is nothing of bad.
Just he choose after seen some good stuff, that a preorder can worth the price and calm the hype.

For me I mean, is more important patch and bug-fix than a rain of dlc. After release date.
Okay we got grid2 derby dlc free.. you would like to see that lap count fixed too or not ?

After the release of grid autosport i won't to see dlc came before of patching, and see people pushed for more content and left alone with bugs.

I would love to see a new racing game that delivery bumper to bumper racing for this summer. And I hope Codemasters see the light and add text chat so PC GRID Autosport has a fighting chance at online longevity if Codies get the rest of multiplayer right.

But with Codemasters history over the last few years, I need to see some proof in the pudding, before I buy GA. Releasing a demo would help.

and I'll send Assie over to bitchslap Loore, lol . . .
This can only reffering to my sig on our site.  lol

Too often we lose sight of life's simple Pleasures.
Remember when someone anoys you it takes 42 muscles in youre face to frown, But, it only takes 4 muscles to extend youre arm and bitchslap that motherfucker upside the head.

Loore -  I've bought the Limited Black Edition which I believe is only available from Game.

If Steam is left to use the disk as recognition and then download the files, will it download all the stuff in the Black Edition, or just the basic game ? just need to check on this . .
It should install everything from disc, baring any updates. You're always going to get some download on Steam, but it shouldn't be 'that' big. Some of it will be data that we couldn't fit on the disc etc.

@SRS13Rastus1701

Yes, we'll be doing a pre-load.

Other major complaints in order of importance for me was like this 

The ruin that was drift

Yeah, i think, what Codies did to Dirft in G2 was even worse than what they did to handling :)

Drift is something we've put a lot of effort into, we've worked with the Drift All Stars Series to gain valuable feedback on (they broke 2-3 of our Fanatec wheels!) and overall it's looking great.

Forget drift in GRID 2, it's nothing like that. This is a drift mode where throttle control is key, more real world based scoring system and multiple round events with two cars on track at same time (rolling start).

muckymu said:
muckymu said:

Hi Frank,

Let me ask you one question, how cheap were you?
How long is a piece of string ?

But, honestly, 30 pieces of silver did the trick. . . I believe that is the going rate, lol . . .

pre-order is more than a day1 buy.
Few games for me are a day1 buy, and after grid2 is a matter of principle skip the preorder.
And the reason is not because grid2 was not as we imagine, but because of too much DLC.
If i make a preorder i want to be sure i have the whole game, and not become a slave for some missing content left out of the game at day1, or stuff like spa track sold for good gold, a piece at once.
But i understand captainjack, and him criticism is still there, 
and have the balls to tell everyone that (nothing eggs from me), and there is nothing of bad.
Just he choose after seen some good stuff, that a preorder can worth the price and calm the hype.

For me I mean, is more important patch and bug-fix than a rain of dlc. After release date.
Okay we got grid2 derby dlc free.. you would like to see that lap count fixed too or not ?

After the release of grid autosport i won't to see dlc came before of patching, and see people pushed for more content and left alone with bugs.

Thanks, Jo, and as usual you do understand . . . the criticisms are still there, but the scales aren't just weighted with criticisms . .

Some of us just happened to see, before others have, that there is a very big chance of this game being enough of what we want, and the possibility of getting the rest of what we want, or as much as possible, at some future date.

If the game has perfect drifting that alone would probably be enough to sway Rastus, and in the same way the game has TT which is enough to sway me, purely because I do spend a hell of a lot of time in TT, as do many others if they are honest enough to admit it . .
:-?

@Gooner

I think i know who is getting his free copy here ;)

I don't, who is that ? 

If you mean me, nice thought, but I could never accept anything.
As the saying goes, "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" . . .no, no no . . not you, Miatakias, lol . .

Goonertez said:
Hahahaha . . . and I wonder whose little peccadillo the history jibe is aimed ? lol . . . however, I fail to see what has been cast aside ?
What I have learnt from history where Grid Autosport is concerned is that Loore and CM have at last learnt from History, because history tells me that previously they acted in a different way. . . stick that in your pipe, lol . .  
B-)
Well of corse its aimed at you...who else has derided grid2 [among other titles] so overtly and has just announced they have bought GAS mm?

And you dont see whats been cast aside? well ok ill say it again a little more plainly.

Its the history...the history of codies racing games since grid...im sorry to have to say this so bluntly, but since grid....codies racers have gone only one way...and thats the wrong way in my opinion. [ok dirt 2 was ok, but it wasnt as good as grid 1 or even dirt 1 imo]

Yes thats my opinion, but im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks like that....and im pretty darn sure you have written pretty similar also.

TL,DR: nutshell is that codies 'jumped the shark' after grid [but the titles keep comin so theres hope yet]

You also mention history and GAS....what...all two weeks of it?
or is it more, i dont know now, time...it flies so fast these days eh.

Dont get me wrong here, im so hopin GAS will be a great game, but to purchase it now?
No thank you sir....I need to await some decent first hand feedback from someone who has played the game before i commit.

Dont happen to know any half decent racers who have bought in do ya?
8P
I'd missed this one . .

The history I'm taliking about is to do with CM not GAS. Like you say, GAS has no history.

Good to see that comment about Dirt 2 and not 3, correct the "floaty" of Dirt 1 and as a rally game it would be 1st.
For me the nearest thing to the Grid 1 buzz has to be Dirt 2, but in Dirt 2 there was no "bumper to bumper" like Grid 1 . .it was different.

For those not around  for Grid 1  - are there any ? -  the "bumper to bumper" so frequently mentioned was a bit of a cruel discipline for newbies taking part in our races.
Being able to race flat out through every nuance of the track, lap after lap, so close that we traded paint at times, but not take anyone out . . .take someone out and the mighty hammer came down and you would be kicked as not yet up to the mark to race in the nightly 5 lapper.

What it meant in reality was practice, practice, and more practice . .know all braking points and correct lines and be ready for instant corrections and sudden drafting.

Because of what it is, is why so many complaints when it was all taken away from us in Grid 2 . .we want it back  . . . 
;)

Loore said:
Drift is something we've put a lot of effort into, we've worked with the Drift All Stars Series to gain valuable feedback on (they broke 2-3 of our Fanatec wheels!) and overall it's looking great.

Forget drift in GRID 2, it's nothing like that. This is a drift mode where throttle control is key, more real world based scoring system and multiple round events with two cars on track at same time (rolling start).

Now THIS is some good news for me (and deffo Rastus) to be hearing!

If the game has perfect drifting that alone would probably be enough to sway Rastus, and in the same way the game has TT which is enough to sway me, purely because I do spend a hell of a lot of time in TT, as do many others if they are honest enough to admit it . .
If it has that similar feeling perfect drifting like GRID 1 has, you can also consider me being sold and sold again to the product.  

+1 to that mate :D

IF I do pre-order (more and more likely as each announcement/review appears), I'll be one of the first to applaud if they have gotten it right or, remonstrate if if's a pile of sweaty pants.

If it's any good I suspect me an Zappac will be busting our buns to get some footage out to the masses :)

Watch this space.....

I guess it must be heartening for Loore and co if 3 of the biggest G2 moaners have aklready or, are seriously looking at preordering already :D

If I'm able to drift free like a bird in the sky, just like I felt about drifting in general when I got into GRID 1 I'm pretty positive me and many other old-school drifters are gonna be shoving their money at codies willingly to get the game.

Drifting like this in GRID 1 was not only joyful, but definitely a pleasure to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjW8rKHSTno

Yeah when Loore says drifting in Autosport is nothing like drifting in Grid 2, it's really nothing like that. The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.

We already had the drift cars much improved from that before the Drift All Stars guys came in, and then they worked with us to refine it even further. And Fanatec were kind enough to replace the wheels they broke in the process XD