F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

Britpoint said:
Yeah when Loore says drifting in Autosport is nothing like drifting in Grid 2, it's really nothing like that. The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.

We already had the drift cars much improved from that before the Drift All Stars guys came in, and then they worked with us to refine it even further. And Fanatec were kind enough to replace the wheels they broke in the process XD

:D Sounds like they were having a blast like they should then, drifting is all about having fun with the car control after all.
I bet if I were to give it a go for good, I'd end in similar results because I'm quite competitive when it comes to drifting. . . *cough* I don't show off at all to people *cough* 

:^o

I guess the good thing about G2's race handling is more people are now able to drift and hopefully will try it out for GAS.

Ability to choose any car/ car class/ track and setup your own events without grinding through a Career Mode to access those cars.

Career mode is fine, but don't make me have to do it to access the cars and tracks I paid to drive!

Ability to choose any car/ car class/ track and setup your own events without grinding through a Career Mode to access those cars.

Career mode is fine, but don't make me have to do it to access the cars and tracks I paid to drive!

It's all open from the get go, you don't need to 'unlock' something in career to play it in custom cup :)

@SRS13Rastus1701

You'd think that, but, it's such a different beast. You can't just throw a car around the corner. As I mentioned above, the throttle control will be pivotal to your success. There's so much depth to the system, @Britpoint and the Car Handling team have done a fantastic job on it. Can't wait for you to play it :)

Iam currently playing Grid1 at the pc and have now about 80 houres spent on it, and now i realize that i never ever can play a better  racing-game then this Grid1, sure i had my fun in Grid2 (something like 800houres =D> ), but compaire to this Grid1 i currently playing it was shit L-) ..

I play not that much anymore on the pc lately, only grid1 and WRC4 and play alot 2other games(GTA5 online on the xbox and BF4mp on the PS4) and there is a game comming which i realy want to play (Watchdogs) so i skip this one (srr Miatakias) or it must be equal to Grid1 but then with mp then i will buy it, otherwise i pick it up after the summer for 5euro and all dlc`s included hehe

:-c :-

ps, This topic is btw already worth every penny to buy the game

:)) =D>

Loore said:

It's all open from the get go, you don't need to 'unlock' something in career to play it in custom cup :)

@SRS13Rastus1701

You'd think that, but, it's such a different beast. You can't just throw a car around the corner. As I mentioned above, the throttle control will be pivotal to your success. There's so much depth to the system, @Britpoint and the Car Handling team have done a fantastic job on it. Can't wait for you to play it :)
This is why I took the leap of faith, I'm a poker player and you, Loore, went all-in . . . whether that pans out or not is irrelevant, you made the move at the time it had to be made, and I respect that. . .  
=D>

053 said:

Iam currently playing Grid1 at the pc and have now about 80 houres spent on it, and now i realize that i never ever can play a better  racing-game then this Grid1, sure i had my fun in Grid2 (something like 800houres =D> ), but compaire to this Grid1 i currently playing it was shit L-) ..

I play not that much anymore on the pc lately, only grid1 and WRC4 and play alot 2other games(GTA5 online on the xbox and BF4mp on the PS4) and there is a game comming which i realy want to play (Watchdogs) so i skip this one (srr Miatakias) or it must be equal to Grid1 but then with mp then i will buy it, otherwise i pick it up after the summer for 5euro and all dlc`s included hehe

:-c :-

ps, This topic is btw already worth every penny to buy the game

:)) =D>
Watchdogs is looking like something very special . . been on my buy list for a very, very long time . .  
;)

Developers, please, answer, i read achievments  and find that: "Install all the upgrades and tuning options on a car in Online".  There will be upgrades? Again? Doesnt matter how much his differrents from G2, its terrible.(

Please, turn back smoke spinning around the wheel ))) It was so cool visual effect in GRID1!!

@Gooner

I think i know who is getting his free copy here ;)

I don't, who is that ? 

If you mean me, nice thought, but I could never accept anything.
As the saying goes, "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" . . .no, no no . . not you, Miatakias, lol . .
:-?
lol CaptainJack this is an ancient greek saying that i dont evem remember what does this mean...lol  8-}

Nutopian said:
Developers, please, answer, i read achievments  and find that: "Install all the upgrades and tuning options on a car in Online".  There will be upgrades? Again? Doesnt matter how much his differrents from G2, its terrible.(
WTF? we dnt want tuning online, we just want a level field. is this too much to ask codies??

*Zappac amain video \m/

*053 dont ask me sorry , as i am sure you will buy Grid Autosport in early days (you are crazy for racing like me and CaptainJack  that he already preordered it) lol
=))

Text-chat is one of the main reason I enjoyed Grid like a kiddy.
Literally, I had so many LOLs, or is it LMAOs?, that it made me love the game, even when my car got totalled in turn 1 - plus it made me meet people that became real friends.
No text chat = No buy, however good the game is. This is not open to debate, that's how thick I am on the matter.
Maybe you all had some great moments in Greed 2 and met people - I wouldn't know, I just met screaming kids, coughs, sniffs, and a guy talking to his wife, before mute became second nature, in the little time I played the game.

I remember how I was sold Truefeel - didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. It makes no sense to me how things 'look like' at the moment. CM has now for me a history of talking the talk & screwing the walk.

Tuning for online?
Seems CM forgot about the 3rd Gid patch that got rid of the ebay cars. I guess there's nobody left in the CM headquarters that took part in the original GRID and remembers why things where done or patched.

Flashbacks online?
The guys that programmed that can be proud of themselves for technical achievement. But to keep that feature is still yet not understanding properly what CM should try to get back to. Don't talk to me about custom sessions, I read.

CM does look like they took a step back from Greed 2. It is a mistake. They should have taken a step back from the original Grid, understand why it was so popular, and make it better. They're going backward instead of forward, and still fail to see some obvious stuff.

Thus I'll keep my pants on.

I'm not even talking about the Toca series because that's obviously long gone.

sgll said:

Nutopian said:
WTF? we dnt want tuning online, we just want a level field. is this too much to ask codies??
Second that!!

muckymu said:
Literally, I had so many LOLs, or is it LMAOs?, that it made me love the game, even when my car got totalled in turn 1 - plus it made me meet people that became real friends.
No text chat = No buy, however good the game is. This is not open to debate, that's how thick I am on the matter.
Maybe you all had some great moments in Greed 2 and met people - I wouldn't know, I just met screaming kids, coughs, sniffs, and a guy talking to his wife, before mute became second nature, in the little time I played the game.

I remember how I was sold Truefeel - didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. It makes no sense to me how things 'look like' at the moment. CM has now for me a history of talking the talk & screwing the walk.

Tuning for online?
Seems CM forgot about the 3rd Gid patch that got rid of the ebay cars. I guess there's nobody left in the CM headquarters that took part in the original GRID and remembers why things where done or patched.

Flashbacks online?
The guys that programmed that can be proud of themselves for technical achievement. But to keep that feature is still yet not understanding properly what CM should try to get back to. Don't talk to me about custom sessions, I read.

CM does look like they took a step back from Greed 2. It is a mistake. They should have taken a step back from the original Grid, understand why it was so popular, and make it better. They're going backward instead of forward, and still fail to see some obvious stuff.

+4

sgll said:

Nutopian said:
+1

muckymu said:

Tuning for online?

Flashbacks online?

+1 !!!

i doubt we will ever see text chat(and spectate mode), the game is going to be released and text chat is out.
Too bad, specially if the game will be good, all limitations like this will reduce to the minimum the online experience.

*Zappac amain video \m/

*053 dont ask me sorry , as i am sure you will buy Grid Autosport in early days (you are crazy for racing like me and CaptainJack  that he already preordered it) lol=))

hahaha yeah lol Captain raised us with hate for Grid and now he already walks in free T-shirts and wearing a cap on his head with I LOVE GRID AUTOSPORT given to him by Loore bcz he bought the first pre-order :)) .

But what i ment was i play already a few games (which i like alot) and theres 1 comming, so i already play to much and have no time to play more (i mean play seriuos), ofc this Grid  would be a fantastic game once u play it (with friends) even it looks like Grid2, anyway iam still halfway grid1 and i love it but after that its a bit done with racing games for me (i think B-) )

053 said:
*Zappac amain video \m/

*053 dont ask me sorry , as i am sure you will buy Grid Autosport in early days (you are crazy for racing like me and CaptainJack  that he already preordered it) lol=))

hahaha yeah lol Captain raised us with hate for Grid and now he already walks in free T-shirts and wearing a cap on his head with I LOVE GRID AUTOSPORT given to him by Loore bcz he bought the first pre-order :)) .

But what i ment was i play already a few games (which i like alot) and theres 1 comming, so i already play to much and have no time to play more (i mean play seriuos), ofc this Grid  would be a fantastic game once u play it (with friends) even it looks like Grid2, anyway iam still halfway grid1 and i love it but after that its a bit done with racing games for me (i think B-) )
Never experienced "hate", far too balanced for such a harsh emotion.

I was under the impression that I have tried to be constructive at all times, the directions I take might not be agreeable for some, but always constructive.

I wouldn't mind a T shirt and cap but then, some day there might be fairies at the bottom of my garden . . .erm, is it still ok to use the word "fairies" ? or will that get zapped as prejudicial ? . .lol

+1 !!!
Any chance people could just click the "Agree" button under posts they agree with, instead of quoting long screeds of text only to write "+1" underneath...?

Just asking like... ;;)

+1 !!!
Any chance people could just click the "Agree" button under posts they agree with, instead of quoting long screeds of text only to write "+1" underneath...?

Just asking like... ;;)
+1

[spoiler]Sorry, couldn't help it! Do agree though :)[/spoiler]

+1 !!!

Just asking like... ;;)
i already agreed, so +1 mean agree twice, not my fault if the "agree twice" button is missing :D  ahaha :P :D

@Gooner

I think i know who is getting his free copy here ;)

I don't, who is that ? 

If you mean me, nice thought, but I could never accept anything.
As the saying goes, "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts" . . .no, no no . . not you, Miatakias, lol . .
:-?
lol CaptainJack this is an ancient greek saying that i dont evem remember what does this mean...lol  8-}
If I remember correctly it has something to do with the Trojan Horse . . .  
:D

like many users said:

1. Keep the handling from original GRID game - no drifting ! (most important thing of the Game !

2. Upgrading cars ok...but the car balance must be good, no overpowered cars like Agera !
( less cars but balanced, for example anyone in grid 2 - s1 drives the camaro golf or alfa, the other cars are to slow and shitty, no one needs)
in Grid 1 the mustang was great but the viper was faster with more difficult handling...that was great)

3. Tracks - give us more real tracks, city ok but no small mountain tracks. 12 online players on small street is insane

4. Bring back the online Driver Leaderboards like we had in original GRID

5. Bring back the slipstream !

6. Fix the Penalty. Most frustrating thing in Grid 2.sometimes visible and crashing into braking penalty cars.
Make it clear and Make an user defined option to disable this ! (very important)

PS.: Very nice that the Forum and Loore are back ! :-)