Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

Why should he?
We are not all lemmings acting and dressing the same.
If you cant stand it just skip his posts.

Why should he?
We are not all lemmings acting and dressing the same.
If you cant stand it just skip his posts.
Surely its what we write that makes us different on a forum....not whether we use crayola crayons to write it with?.  I value reading MiatakiasGR's posts as much as anyone's, and besides that, if he's part of another discussion, then simply skipping his posts would not make sense.

About i tried what Assiemodis told me yesterday and i got black screen again!!
Next i will do is to update bios....
Thanks guys for the help!!

sgll said:
RubyRuby and CaptainJack:ar! you are right , its about trojan horse i think... :-?
About Grid Autosport , according what we have seen atm the game  seems promising close to 1st grid game but we still miss chat and spectator mode which were some of the most important reasons we had so much fun with this..
I could preorder it as CaptainJack:ar! did but i have some troubles about drivers of gfx right now + the prize this time is high enough...
I have to wait for much better deal , but i am sure i will perchaise it some time within summer ( maybe steam summer sales or so)

* i have not tell how much i love emotion faces in new forums...
i think some of them represent some of users in this forums like:

:ar! = Captain Jack !
8-X = Assiemodis !
>:) = Purple44 !
:O)= PINKCAROFDEATH !
~:> = DJ ! (his famous piguin photo, ok here is with ancient greek lol )

and i am sure there are more encrypted users between them...
But who am i...?8-}
jeez are you 12 or something? can you not write like everyone else on this forum. stop editing or playing with your text. just write and submit. no need to bold or colour anything. you need to think about people who have bad eye sight or colour blind or other. its a forum, not Art school
No i am not 12 years old... i am 30 years old..[-X
And i like to modify text...Why should i feel bad about that??
And what is your problem about that??
And as Assiemodis8-X said just skip my post...
Have you bad eye sight or color blind?? let the people who have to tell me about ![-X ( bolt letters should do cleaner visual  than the tiny weak default letters , and people with color blind just can not distinguish colors , both of these kind of people should have no any problem with my modifications)
You are just the kind of people you want to correct the others and troll over net...:-B

sgll said:
RubyRuby and CaptainJack:ar! you are right , its about trojan horse i think... :-?
About Grid Autosport , according what we have seen atm the game  seems promising close to 1st grid game but we still miss chat and spectator mode which were some of the most important reasons we had so much fun with this..
I could preorder it as CaptainJack:ar! did but i have some troubles about drivers of gfx right now + the prize this time is high enough...
I have to wait for much better deal , but i am sure i will perchaise it some time within summer ( maybe steam summer sales or so)

8-X = Assiemodis !

But who am i...?8-}
jeez are you 12 or something? can you not write like everyone else on this forum. stop editing or playing with your text. just write and submit. no need to bold or colour anything. you need to think about people who have bad eye sight or colour blind or other. its a forum, not Art school
LOL! Verbally griefing a long time gridder, valued friend to a lot of people using the current CM forum and also it's 2 previous incarnations, a friend of many the CM staff and valued contributor to the site, who like me was invited to be closed/open BETA testers of CM's F1 Online the game!

WOW, not exactly the best decision you've made today is it?

Just because he likes to spend time and effort to be a bit different in an attempt to put a smile on our faces is no reason to take that kind of attitude in public. 

Read his and our posts before you jump off the cliff of ignorance dude....

Will it be Ukrainian flag in GRiD A? Codies, it's a time to learn that there is such a country in Europe! )))
Not for much longer if the Russians have their way, lol . . .
  Funny as hell. At least we have balls to say "no" to Russia...

I'd just like to know if there's an option to play with all cars straight from the beginning online, and if there's another to disable upgrades on cars online so that it is fair for beginners who'd like to have a taste of multiplayer racing.

In Grid 2, most people tend to use the best cars so any new beginner without the all-cars access DLC is probably smoked. While the Guilletta was one of the best T1 cars, the Challenger is easily outperformed (except in T2 events), the NSX-R is a very hard-to-master vehicle (although it is one of the better choices once people are used to its handling), and the stock, road going 722 gets smoked by Agera R and Veyron users.

Myenia said:
I'd just like to know if there's an option to play with all cars straight from the beginning online, and if there's another to disable upgrades on cars online so that it is fair for beginners who'd like to have a taste of multiplayer racing.

In Grid 2, most people tend to use the best cars so any new beginner without the all-cars access DLC is probably smoked. While the Guilletta was one of the best T1 cars, the Challenger is easily outperformed (except in T2 events), the NSX-R is a very hard-to-master vehicle (although it is one of the better choices once people are used to its handling), and the stock, road going 722 gets smoked by Agera R and Veyron users.
It has been said somewhere that for "online" all cars should be available, Online the host is able to setup the session details Car class single vehicle etc

As for grid 2 try the Camaro in T1, just that little bit better than the Gullietta, T2 the Merc AMG, T3 the Atom for the twisty tracks or Z06 for those with long straights.

You're right though, The G2 car classes weren't well balanced performance wise, this is a major problem for new players, it's even worse when you factor in the car upgrade options. 

It's the same for most games though, newcomers will be at a disadvantage to experienced players until they learn the games foibles.

A friend I played with and was able to beat on a regular basis asked me how I did it, we discussed how we both played the game, both had the same wheel etc, the only differences were that, I used Auto gears while he used manual, I had setup force feedback and he never used it.
I talked him through FFB and explained it allowed you to feel what the car is doing, now he can pwn me everytime we race because his use of Manual is instinctive whereas I'm still not as good with it so tend to use auto.

sgll said:

8-X = Assiemodis !

But who am i...?8-}
Hahahaha . . . you obviously like playing with hand grenades . . looks like you dropped one, lol . . .

One of the nice things about the Greeks is their flamboyant nature.
We like Panagiotis because he has such a colourful character, he is not a "Grey" man . . . added to that he has a very personable and friendly nature, or have you missed seeing that ?

So far the new forum has avoided trolling and flaming so wouldn't it be nice to keep it that way . . . you win no prizes for getting your voice heard by climbing over someone else. . .
=;

Will it be Ukrainian flag in GRiD A? Codies, it's a time to learn that there is such a country in Europe! )))
Not for much longer if the Russians have their way, lol . . .
  Funny as hell. At least we have balls to say "no" to Russia...
I know enough about the long history of the Ukraine not to get involved in a discussion on such a complicated disturbance which they are now suffering.
How my thoughts are perceived would depend largely on which faction of Ukrainians I was talking with, and all factions have a legitimate argument . . .even if each other disagrees with that, and in that lies the problem.

Add to that the questionable self serving antics of the Government and it all becomes one hell of a melting pot . . .

About i tried what Assiemodis told me yesterday and i got black screen again!!
Next i will do is to update bios....
Thanks guys for the help!!
Damn I really hoped that that would help mate.
I also think best to try now is doing a bios update, it never hurts if done correctly.  :)

Surely its what we write that makes us different on a forum....not whether we use crayola crayons to write it with?.  I value reading MiatakiasGR's posts as much as anyone's, and besides that, if he's part of another discussion, then simply skipping his posts would not make sense.
I agree with that Joe that what we write makes us different but I dont mind if people want to be a little creative on a forum.
It doesn't hurt anyone so why take a dig at someone who does it.
No matter if it is a friend a mine or not, I just cant stand it.    :) 

I've made my time on Grid 2 using mainly the Camaro, the Boss 302 (excellent handling for me, so it compensates for its lack of power compared to the R34 or C63), the Z06 (don't like using lightweights), and the Agera R.

Even though I'm a pad player (I don't feel like setting a wheel in my tiny room xD), I feel like these cars are perfectly suited for most races with good throttle control, especially the Agera which seems to be the hardest car to master for many (though mastering the NSX is as rewarding as mastering the Agera, and I still can't)

---

While the Agera R is my favorite car, I'd like to use some other cars (like the 12C GT3 or the Huayra) more, but I can't if I know good people are in the lobby because they will use the Agera and once mastered it is plain OP. Same with T1 cars, I'd love to use the Mach 1 more often, but as soon as there're straights, a Camaro or a Guilletta will leave me in their dust.

So it'd be good online for the host to restrict car / upgrades usage.

------

What I'd like to see in Autosport is what made me love Grid 1 (and Grid 2 to a lesser extent) :
- good gameplay with a wheel AND with a pad. I'd rather not spend money on a wheel to enjoy a game, which is a sequel of another game I could really enjoy with a pad. That makes sense, doesn't it?
- enough variety among cars and tracks, but hey, I think we won't be disappointed there, huh?
- and some stuff that has already been confirmed, so I'm happy with that.

Purple44 said:

Hirschie said:
oh yes...i forgot.

Spectator Mode and maybe Text-chat , to pass the waiting time when joining a lobby.

i have sweared i dont want to buy blind next codies racing game after this little grid 2 dissapointment....but it all sounds so good that
they will make it better. i will trust in codemasters one more time.

i am looking forward for the release and preorder the black edition ...:-)

Hahahaha . . .the wagon is rolling and there will be many more . . . no matter what they say to the contrary.
Loore, and members of the team have really put themselves on the line with this one so failure is not an option.

But failure is still possible online. :(

Keep seeing it happen year after year to online racing games. :(
True . . .but there are always successes amongst the failures, it's not all one way traffic, and we are due a success . .  

Read all which Loore has written, he is a manager at CM, an employee of CM, and has put all of his credibility on the line.
He's promised that we will be getting enough of what we want to be happy - things like text chat and spectate I'm sure will come in time - and as someone "in the know", and risking all of his credibility, I decided to stand shoulder to shoulder with the people's champion, so to speak, and show my support for what he is doing by pre-ordering the game.

I have noticed that MrBigLee seems to be keeping his head down behind the parapet although at this time it would be nice to have a bit of solidarity.
When a man puts his whole status on the line it has to be respected, even if only for not taking the safe option by telling BigLee to shove over, lol . . .  
:-\"

I forget something to tell about this topic...
I want in Grid Autosport when the car wrecks and the screen goes black , a normal motion (Grid 1 style) and not the slow motion (Grid 2 and Dirt 3 style)..
Who wasnt suprised screaming or saying wow:-O or wtf ,  with a fatal accident in Grid 1 watching his car to be destroyed going here and there on track , instead of grid 2 and Dirt 3 that wreck screen was boring going slowmotion not giving the same fatal , sudden , sharp sense....
this is just my opinion and preference..

Purple44 said:

Hirschie said:
oh yes...i forgot.

Spectator Mode and maybe Text-chat , to pass the waiting time when joining a lobby.

i have sweared i dont want to buy blind next codies racing game after this little grid 2 dissapointment....but it all sounds so good that
they will make it better. i will trust in codemasters one more time.

i am looking forward for the release and preorder the black edition ...:-)

Hahahaha . . .the wagon is rolling and there will be many more . . . no matter what they say to the contrary.
Loore, and members of the team have really put themselves on the line with this one so failure is not an option.

But failure is still possible online. :(

Keep seeing it happen year after year to online racing games. :(
True . . .but there are always successes amongst the failures, it's not all one way traffic, and we are due a success . .  

Read all which Loore has written, he is a manager at CM, an employee of CM, and has put all of his credibility on the line.
He's promised that we will be getting enough of what we want to be happy - things like text chat and spectate I'm sure will come in time - and as someone "in the know", and risking all of his credibility, I decided to stand shoulder to shoulder with the people's champion, so to speak, and show my support for what he is doing by pre-ordering the game.

I have noticed that MrBigLee seems to be keeping his head down behind the parapet although at this time it would be nice to have a bit of solidarity.
When a man puts his whole status on the line it has to be respected, even if only for not taking the safe option by telling BigLee to shove over, lol . . .  
:-\"
I think CM are due one as well given they had a dodgy run last year with Grid 2 and F1 2013 I enjoy both games but nowhere near as much as others they have done. It sounds to me though that Grid Autosport is including everything I like about that style of racing so for now I'm standing by it too. Grid 1 had some great ideas in it the only thing lacking was it was tootricky for the casual player to get to grips with sounds like they've corrected that with the game too with the new added asissts so for me I'm happy.

I want in Grid Autosport when the car wrecks and the screen goes black , a normal motion (Grid 1 style) and not the slow motion (Grid 2 and Dirt 3 style)..
Who wasnt suprised screaming or saying wow:-O or wtf ,  with a fatal accident in Grid 1 watching his car to be destroyed going here and there on track , instead of grid 2 and Dirt 3 that wreck screen was boring going slowmotion not giving the same fatal , sudden , sharp sense....
Have you checked your email lately ? sent you a book on building computers to see if anything in there can help . . . if not now, in the future . .   
~X(

Have you checked your email lately ? sent you a book on building computers to see if anything in there can help . . . if not now, in the future . .   
~X(

ok
CaptainJack i have not checked my e-mail lately..i will check it now thanks very much.. :-bd

You need both. A slow mo and a normal speed, and hopefully a control between the two like Grid.

I watched a smash I had in the openwheelers recently in grid. The car went to one side of the track, flew up in the air, flew across the track, impacted in the middle, went out of control and smacked into the other side and was completely wrecked.

The slo mo was great for looking at the detail and seeing the bits flying off the car, the suspension moving as it came down and impacted. It was great to get an idea of the car modelling in the game and the details involved in it.

The normal speed was great for getting a fantastic feeling of the amount of sheer violence involved in the crash and the energy involved. I was kind of shocked at how well it gave that impression.

And of course, when Codemasters go to all that trouble to model the crash so well, it makes little sense for us not to be able to easily save it and share it with other people. 

Hey guys,

Your input is very welcome here:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/469/w-i-p-codemasters-community-build-touring-car-championship-next-gen

Britpoint said:
The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.
So can I take it as a proof that you were lying during PR company of GRID2?

CaptainJack

Wise words. Not 100% true but OK, peace :)

Before you start criticizing, I have to say I 'm not wishing CM to fail in anyway, and that I do respect mods around here ( especially Loore, always been nice, it's a wonder he's still here tbh after all the Greed 2 stuff).

I still have the feeling GAS is coming early as a replacement for Greed 2:
Same background, no text chat, no spectate, still region lock, still online tuning - still demo derby (not complaining but I hope for different tracks at least, as if that was to save the game) - blurry cockpit view, probably still the same crappy corner cutting & flashbacks online.

So what are we expecting? Another Greed 2 but with the handling we were actually initially expecting?
After less than six (8?) months waiting I guess we can't ask for more.

Is the current CEO trying to save his butt cheaply after the Greed 2 failure?

I hope to be proven wrong.

I'll wait for the different com vids, but have no hope for the basic features the community has been asking back for years, but still, if you manage to convince me into buying the game, which is all I ask, then kudos to you. Good luck tho, 'cause that's not gonna be an easy task.

Britpoint said:
The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.

CaptainJack

This makes no sense, explain what you are talking about ?

I realize English is not your first language but what do you mean: " PR company of GRID2?"

Accusing me of lying is amusing, old men of my ilk have no fear of the truth so why the hell would I waste any time lying.
Obviously there is something you don't understand but that failure on your part does not equal lying on mine . .

muckymu said:
Before you start criticizing, I have to say I 'm not wishing CM to fail in anyway, and that I do respect mods around here ( especially Loore, always been nice, it's a wonder he's still here tbh after all the Greed 2 stuff).

I still have the feeling GAS is coming early as a replacement for Greed 2:
Same background, no text chat, no spectate, still region lock, still online tuning - still demo derby (not complaining but I hope for different tracks at least, as if that was to save the game) - blurry cockpit view, probably still the same crappy corner cutting & flashbacks online.

So what are we expecting? Another Greed 2 but with the handling we were actually initially expecting?
After less than six (8?) months waiting I guess we can't ask for more.

Is the current CEO trying to save his butt cheaply after the Greed 2 failure?

I hope to be proven wrong.

I'll wait for the different com vids, but have no hope for the basic features the community has been asking back for years, but still, if you manage to convince me into buying the game, which is all I ask, then kudos to you. Good luck tho, 'cause that's not gonna be an easy task.
Not trying to be funny but why would anyone want to convince you to buy the game, that choice is yours, and yours alone.

I have already had a ban over my innocent and non-racial comments calling the company mumbai-Codemasters . . so I daren't go there except to say that Indians do now own about 62% of the company so you can make your own conclusions from that.

Today's marketplace is one horrendous melting pot of multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-everything, with it all bumping into one another.
it is no longer a case of CM getting funding and that's that, everything is now dependent on, and influenced by, the culture of the people that funding comes from. They think differently, they do business differently . . . so it's no good giving Loore a hard time over greed 2 [as you describe it] because he is trying to avoid that side of things interfering with the main points when it comes to dealing with us. The money side only serves to cloud the issue when, at the end of the day, all we want is a game we are happy with.

There will be things in the game we have wanted, and there will be things we don't want . . . but when we get on the track if the driving model is near perfect all of that will be as nothing.
We have been chasing the right Grid 2 for years and have been pushed and pulled every which way. We have listed our wants, listed our don't wants, complained about everything and its dog. We are tired . . .

Every journey starts with the first step, every building with the first brick . . . in Grid all we need is the perfect driving model, and everything else can be built on that . . .

Britpoint said:

CaptainJack

Sorry, but your post makes no sense. What do you mean; "So can I take it as a proof you were lying during PR company of Grid2?" . .the sentence makes no sense.

I haven't lied about anything at any time so explain yourself . . .