Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

Good advice there Cap, couple of people been killed by Beavers by bein stupid and getting too close to the cutsey WILD ANIMAL!
Depends how quickly she crosses her legs, lol . . .  
:-?

Purple44 said:
Online need more than just a perfect driving model for online to survive.

Codemasters got things pretty much right with GRID 1 online, after a couple of patches, that added colliosn forward and all assists off hosting option and getting rid of ebay cars so we could have a fairer race online. ( kick vote was still mess up thou )

GRID 2 was a big failure online compared to GRID 1.

With PC GRID Autosport, the jury still out if online will be good enough to have the longevity of a GRID 1 or Flatout 2.

Sure if you got lots of online racing friends, you can get together for a night and have some great racing in a custom host, like we did with GRID 1. :) But for the other times you just hop online for some unplanned racing in a public host, can you still get in some good racing online with GRID Autosport?
What we are getting could be termed a; "bare bones" version of Grid 1.

But this is about more than that. LOOK at the videos, Loore and the others have shown that, finally, they listened to us.

In Grid 1 there was all that licensing, I'd guess at a bigger budget, different staff etc., etc.,  . . .we don't know CM's finances, we don't know the budget they have been given, so we have to work with what we have got, not keep demanding more.

Let's get real, Loore's hands are tied when it comes to financing information - as they should be - so we should make some intelligent guess's and decide on financing limitations but in the face of that the team has concentrated on those two magical words "TOURING CARS" . . this is REAL progress and all of us should acknowledge that.

If CM fail with this game they will get not an iota of criticism from me . . I thought "Showdown" was crap long before launch because the concept was crap . .but GAS is totally different, the concept is good, and the concept is the "People's" concept . . .this is the closest we have gotten to the original and good backing by us for it could very easily lead to getting more of what we would like.

We all have a choice, keep it as, "Them and Us" . . or get onboard with Loore and make it, "Let's do it together" . . .  
:)>-

I still remember how I made this vid back when codies decided to kill the GRID multiplayer servers, it was supposed to be my last Drift video I made, but then Rastus told me about Tunngle and I came back, lol. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmNtwCuWbs

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Tell me something, Purple, would you do all you could for your best buddy ? and would he do all he could for you ? . . so why don't all of us, and I mean ALL of us, make Loore our best buddy ?

Lay off those weekly injections Jack, we're all getting worried now..... ;)

YOU'RE getting worried :P
Hello Loore, good buddy, I trust you are having a good day and all at the business end is progressing well ?

Not long to go for the game we have all been waiting for . . .  
:-h

I'm talking about seeing the wood for the trees, the first principle is the driving model, if that isn't right why bother going any further ?
Don't matter how long your lists of wants and don't wants are, if the driving model is wrong what follows is all pie in the sky.
If the driving model is right much will be forgiven and we will patiently wait for all the stuff we have asked for a thousand times before.

Are you sure the handling is great in GAS?
No idea . . . that isn't what I said . .  
[-X

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Tell me something, Purple, would you do all you could for your best buddy ? and would he do all he could for you ? . . so why don't all of us, and I mean ALL of us, make Loore our best buddy ?

Hi, good buddy, I trust you are well and all at CM are beavering away to bring us the game we have waited a long 6 years for ?

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Well, I have been trying to say, Hi, to my good buddy Loore, but none of my posts are working so maybe they are blocked in some way ?

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Well hello there my good buddy Loore, I trust all is well with you ? . .and the crew are beavering away on the game we have waited 6 years for . . . and some just beavering, if you get my drift . . .  
=D>

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Well, I have been trying to say, Hi, to my good buddy Loore, but none of my posts are working so maybe they are blocked in some way ?

Loore said:

CaptainJack said

Well hello there my good buddy Loore, I trust all is well with you ? . .and the crew are beavering away on the game we have waited 6 years for . . . and some just beavering, if you get my drift . . .  
=D>

Britpoint said:
The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.
So can I take it as a proof that you were lying during PR company of GRID2?

CaptainJack

Wise words. Not 100% true but OK, peace :)

Sorry, but your post makes no sense. What do you mean; "So can I take it as a proof you were lying during PR company of Grid2?" . .the sentence makes no sense.

I haven't lied about anything at any time so explain yourself . . .
Man, slow down, that words about lie were said to Britpoint. Didn't you see the quote above? O:-) 

Britpoint said:
The handling system in G2 was just not built for it. Drifting around a corner at high speed in a race was one thing, maintaining controlled drifts around a circuit was another.

CaptainJack

Sorry, but your post makes no sense. What do you mean; "So can I take it as a proof you were lying during PR company of Grid2?" . .the sentence makes no sense.

Man, slow down, that words about lie were said to Britpoint, didn't you see the quote above?  L-) 

Britpoint said:

CaptainJack

Man, slow down, that words about lie were said to Britpoint. Didn't you see the quote above? O:-) 

Britpoint said:

CaptainJack

Man, slow down, that words about lie were said to Britpoint, didn't you see the quote above?  L-) 

RubyRuby said:
Did you do that, Cap?  Tsk, tsk.

Frank
Hahahahaha . . . Oh dear, looks like CM can't even get a forum right, the posts have appeared mixed up and all over the place . . .never seen that before, lol . .

Looks like someone forgot to wind up the spring . . .

Where's Windy Miller when you need him?