Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

It doesn't matter . . . the tide is going in the right direction, got a good feeling that CM might have turned the corner . .  
:x

It doesn't matter . . . the tide is going in the right direction, got a good feeling that CM might have turned the corner . .  
I hope so based on what I've heard about Autosport I think so as well

what would be neat to see in Autosport

http://puu.sh/8xamT

Just some flying FD's you know, lol. Nah im not joking but

Some cars: RX7 FD3S drift vers, RX7 FC drift vers, AE86 
Mt Haruna because the snow edition was b0ss.
Anything touge in, heck even a racing type in the drift class ;) 

No text chat, Codies miss the corner.

Purple44 said:

wel they haven't said it's definitely not in have they?

Purple44 said:

Loore said they're now putting all their efforts into getting the rest of the game ready (or words to that effect), so we can take an educated guess and say (at least) not at launch.  Personally, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm flabbergasted at the decision not to include a lap countdown display in the online lobby.

First thing monday I'm printing that quote off and putting it on the wall ;)

Things may of turn the corner for the offline version of the new GRID, but there a BIG ? mark if GRID Autosport online will survive pass Christmas as a robust online racing game like GRID 1 did.

I love racing GIRD 1 online. Was the first racing game that actually pulled me away from racing Flatout 2 online. I had to make time for both racing games. I'm still worried that GRID Autosport online going to fall short. It don't take much to screw up online and have it die off early after release. I keep seeing it happening year after year since GRID 1 got release to PC racing games.

You do that and remember to use it as areference for negotiating future corners :p

Purple44 said:

Loore said they're now putting all their efforts into getting the rest of the game ready (or words to that effect), so we can take an educated guess and say (at least) not at launch.  Personally, and at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm flabbergasted at the decision not to include a lap countdown display in the online lobby.
My flabber is frequently gasted . . . but then I remind myself that we live in a world where not seeing all as perfection is only because of ego driven preferences . . .

CM do not give us a game with the prefix; "we only made it like this to piss you off and waste our money in so doing", so I will take what I get, make the most of what I get, and hope that what constitutes my personal preferences are patched in at some point . . . and if they are not ? . .so be it.

Purple44 said:
Things may of turn the corner for the offline version of the new GRID, but there a BIG ? mark if GRID Autosport online will survive pass Christmas as a robust online racing game like GRID 1 did.

I love racing GIRD 1 online. Was the first racing game that actually pulled me away from racing Flatout 2 online. I had to make time for both racing games. I'm still worried that GRID Autosport online going to fall short. It don't take much to screw up online and have it die off early after release. I keep seeing it happening year after year since GRID 1 got release to PC racing games.
DD came as is, not with stuff we had requested, and whilst it worked we frequented it.
I see Grid Autosport as a larger version of that principle, not a true follow-on from Grid 1, this is why I see CM as going in the right direction  . . and that being the case they deserve some support, it cannot all be one way traffic if fairness is part of the exercise.

I've got my order in, Cap.  But I'm paying Codies for their product, not their effort or good intentions.  I believe that's how free markets are supposed to work.  Pardon me if I've misunderstood you.

Frank

RubyRuby said:
I've got my order in, Cap.  But I'm paying Codies for their product, not their effort or good intentions.  I believe that's how free markets are supposed to work.  Pardon me if I've misunderstood you.

Frank
that's my case too Frank

RubyRuby said:

Frank
Isn't  that why we still have Dickensian sweat shops around the world, people only wanting the product and taking no responsibility for the circumstances of it's production.
I tend to reflect somewhat on the human condition involved, after all, we are dealing with fellow human beings with all their fallibilities, just like we have to deal with our own.

You'd be amazed at what I have received from different companies by treating them with respect and a kind word when the product I bought from them was faulty . .the mighty Amazon not only showed unexpected generosity but also a letter from the management expressing thanks that someone acknowledged their efforts, saying that such sentiments are genuinely appreciated by the staff.

But if you have put your order in, and I remember you weren't so keen with Grid 2, then you also have detected some merit . . . and there is definitely something about this game which we can't quite put our finger on ?
Maybe it's the intuition at work . . .

Crazy as it may sound, part of my reason for my buying the game is in sending a vote of support for the company, this is also why I said if the game fails there will be no criticism from me.
A lot of water has passed under the bridge over the last 6 years and for the first time I think we have made headway with CM. Small steps, you know the meaning of that . . .

@CaptainJack‌ I never looked at it like that. I am learning here. Thanks !

But if you have put your order in, and I remember you weren't so keen with Grid 2, then you also have detected some merit . . . and there is definitely something about this game which we can't quite put our finger on ?

Soo I should change my buy status from negative to maybe baby then.    ;)  

Soo I should change my buy status from negative to maybe baby then.    ;)  
Flexibility is the natural cure for dogma . . .  a rigid mindset benefits no-one, not even the one with the affliction.

Although I always had you down as a "maybe" . ..   
^:)^

RubyRuby said:

Frank
Isn't  that why we still have Dickensian sweat shops around the world, people only wanting the product and taking no responsibility for the circumstances of it's production.
I tend to reflect somewhat on the human condition involved, after all, we are dealing with fellow human beings with all their fallibilities, just like we have to deal with our own.

You'd be amazed at what I have received from different companies by treating them with respect and a kind word when the product I bought from them was faulty . .the mighty Amazon not only showed unexpected generosity but also a letter from the management expressing thanks that someone acknowledged their efforts, saying that such sentiments are genuinely appreciated by the staff.

Crazy as it may sound, part of my reason for my buying the game is in sending a vote of support for the company, this is also why I said if the game fails there will be no criticism from me.
A lot of water has passed under the bridge over the last 6 years and for the first time I think we have made headway with CM. Small steps, you know the meaning of that . . .

Ido think CM| aer learning from their mistakes but the problem these days in business and especially in the sports world is that people want results and are not interested in excuses that's why football clubs are always changing their managers and don't care if they have to sack someone to get the results they want. Obviously it's not quite the same in business but after what happened with Grid 2 and F1 2013 I think they must have ben concerned given the changes they have made and decisions with Grid Autosport let's just hope that they pay off for them. Based on what I've heard I think they will but only time unfortunately can answer that for certain

@ Cap Jack:

". . . then you also have detected some merit"

Sure have, enough that I want to play the game and that I believe from the evidence at hand that it will be worth the freight.  But there's still room for reservations, criticism and disappointment.  Won't be the perfect GRID sequel of course.  Even GRID has never been perfect, but it is my yardstick.  I'm pretty sure I'll still have criticism of GRID A even while I'm enjoying it, and I'll post the good along with the bad right here (or on the next Codies forum).  For me as a single player the true test is how long I will be playing it.  I have a lot of games, good and bad, that I don't play any more.  Still playing GRID after almost six years.  It will be interesting to see if I continue once I've put some time into GRID A.

I believe GRID: Autosport is going to be at least a pretty good game, and maybe a lot better than that - for single players.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

RubyRuby said:
@ Cap Jack:

Sure have, enough that I want to play the game and that I believe from the evidence at hand that it will be worth the freight.  But there's still room for reservations, criticism and disappointment.  Won't be the perfect GRID sequel of course.  Even GRID has never been perfect, but it is my yardstick.  I'm pretty sure I'll still have criticism of GRID A even while I'm enjoying it, and I'll post the good along with the bad right here (or on the next Codies forum).  For me as a single player the true test is how long I will be playing it.  I have a lot of games, good and bad, that I don't play any more.  Still playing GRID after almost six years.  It will be interesting to see if I continue once I've put some time into GRID A.

I believe GRID: Autosport is going to be at least a pretty good game, and maybe a lot better than that - for single players.

Frank

yeah like you I'm a single player myself and for me it sounds good better than Grid 2 anyway and I do enjoy Grid 2 I've only really got 2 problems with Grid 2 and one's  pretty minor and the other's a bit more major although both aren't that big a problem in general and don't stop me enjoying the game.

The first is I found the AI a little too aggressive but only at times I know that being touring car type racing they tend to be more aggressive anyway but I just felt that in 1 or 2 places I think they took it a tad too far and that it needed toning down just a notch. I was able to compete with them so it's not a major problem the other issue is I felt the career mode was a little short and needed expanding on tbh. It would have been nice to have had a larger variety of events to keep us coming back for more. Grid 2 is still a good game though and I will probably go through it again at somestage. Career mode could have used more work though. It sounds like Autosport does have a more expansive career so maybe they've done something about this in the new game

RubyRuby said:
@ Cap Jack:

Frank
I'd say that the positive ones here are going on a gut feeling about this game, interesting, could we all be wrong ?

For the first time in many years Purple is even being somewhat positive about it, could that be an indicator ?

After the debacle of Grid 2 I think that maybe we are of the mind that, well, it couldn't be worse than that ?

Just a quick note:

In an earlier post I said that if just the driving physics are right people will come back to the game, and all the other stuff we want can come later.

This was based on one fact, the reason why the driving physics of grid 2 drove people away.

It's all very simple. There are some exceptionally talented drivers in Grid and like me probably loved grid 2 for the first few days, but the flawed driving physics meant their skill level was not being reached, they were getting leveled out when they still hadn't reached their full potential . .leading to massive frustration.

If Grid AutoSport, with real lifelike physics present, allows them to reach that full potential they will be back . . .it really is as simple as that, and why I place that as the strong enough selling point on its own.

It's a shame the video of the showdown between Ace and Wizard is no longer around. I was the witness for this Grid 1 event (another reason why we need spec mode), and watched them hit every line and braking point lap after lap and race after race. Watching 2 of the highest level drivers is entertainment in its own right, but they could never have achieved that level of driving in Grid 2.

I would like to have the option of choosing liveries of all teams for all cars which was available in race driver grid to be brought back. This option of choosing liveries was not available in GRID 2. I also found that, the drift mode in GRID, specifically the scoring system was very good compared to GRID 2, I would urge you guys to bring it back for GRID AUTOSPORTS.  

RubyRuby said:
@ Cap Jack:

Frank
I'd say that the positive ones here are going on a gut feeling about this game, interesting, could we all be wrong ?

For the first time in many years Purple is even being somewhat positive about it, could that be an indicator ?

After the debacle of Grid 2 I think that maybe we are of the mind that, well, it couldn't be worse than that ?

I think most of the questionable stuff is mostly multiplayer this time as I think from what I've seen and heard that the positivity is mostly coming out of the single player camp which is great for those of us who spend most of our time in the offline career mode of the game. I think though some people still do have question arks over the multi player part. As I don't make use of multiplayer features this doesn't bother me but the single player stuff does and to me at least from @Loore and @justbiglee's standpoint they've made the right noises that I wanted to hear in order to convince me to get the game  I know it's their job to promote the companies work. But for me they've made the right convincing noises that makes me want to buy the product they're selling

RubyRuby said:
@ Cap Jack:

Frank

I think most of the questionable stuff is mostly multiplayer this time as I think from what I've seen and heard that the positivity is mostly coming out of the single player camp which is great for those of us who spend most of our time in the offline career mode of the game. I think though some people still do have question arks over the multi player part. As I don't make use of multiplayer features this doesn't bother me but the single player stuff does and to me at least from @Loore and @justbiglee's standpoint they've made the right noises that I wanted to hear in order to convince me to get the game  I know it's their job to promote the companies work. But for me they've made the right convincing noises that makes me want to buy the product they're selling
Used Car salesmen, double glazing salesmen, etc., have a lot to answer for . . .

Aren't we all a bit defensive when it comes to passing over money for a product ? I mean, no-one likes feeling the fool for being ripped off.

There are sales people who do care that we get a good product and those who couldn't give a damn just as long as they get the money.
We have certainly attacked CM with being the latter . .

So now it becomes a personal decision, do we believe and trust Loore ?

For my part I say Loore has put his whole credibility firmly on the line, he comes across as a guy who believes in the product, which is as good as it can get, and good enough for me.

Say it fails ! . .so what, how many times have we tried and failed to achieve something ? something we gave our all to, can't knock a guy for that . . .and don't forget, Loore is just a guy, he's not his job, that is what he does, let's not confuse the two.