Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

I prefer to have the game sounds in any vids I post, I wanna be able to hear what's being done, not just see the pictures.

I prefer that aswell.
Problem is though when recording a online race while you are on TS everything that is said is recorded aswell.
Thats when I decide to just renove all game sounds and only put music in.   :)

I havent found a way to setup fraps so it wont record sounds from TS.
I dont think it is even possible.
Use that old gaming computer with XP ( my 3rd computer in computer room ) and run Teamspeak from that computer. No TS voices in Fraps that way. ;)

1st computer runs game, like Gas Guzzlers Extreme.
2nd computer running dedicated software to host GGE for players to join.
3rd computer to run TS and BS with the guys and tell your teammates to come cap the flag after you just took out the car with the flag.

I like see on next's GRID games:

-Pits stop.
-4 ovals minimum.
-In a end of season in career mode, have a race mode like ROC (Race of Champions).
-Can create your own championship with a maximum of 20 races and have a option of having a dual race like V8 Supercars.
I'd like to see pit stops in the "endurance" races in GAS, particularly if they can be made longer, but it's asking a lot for valuable game space to be taken up for such limited use . . .
~O)

@CaptainJack

It would be nice a touch, maybe with Autosport 2 (or whatever name it uses) for next-gen.

I dunno about pit stops, yes they'd help you out but without them, you really do have to focus on tyre management. I did try a longer race using the x5 option for 40 minutes, the tyre wear is scaled to the race length.

During the 8 minute one I scrubbed off 1-2% rear grip by the time I got through the 1st corner but that took 2-3 laps when set to 40 minutes.

Well it has the option to record external sound just don't know if you can confine it to particular sources etc.
There is an option to tick on or off for external sound but that only refers to youre own mic.  :(
At first I had it ticked off but then in the recorded movie you hear people asking me something but you dont hear the reply of me.
When I tick it on you do hear me answerring.

Purple44 said:

I prefer to have the game sounds in any vids I post, I wanna be able to hear what's being done, not just see the pictures.

I prefer that aswell.
Problem is though when recording a online race while you are on TS everything that is said is recorded aswell.

Use that old gaming computer with XP ( my 3rd computer in computer room ) and run Teamspeak from that computer. No TS voices in Fraps that way. ;)

3rd computer to run TS and BS with the guys and tell your teammates to come cap the flag after you just took out the car with the flag.
The problem with a setup like that is that to make that possible you need to carry a heaset from either say 1st computer and the 3rd pc with TS thru speakers.
Which has the downside because I use logitech G35 headset which complely covers youre ears I need to set the volume so hard to hear it my wife has me killed before the first race is over.   :D
Or the other way around in which case I need to put the volume of the game so hard it also transmit thru TS which is not pleasant for the others on TS and my wife kills me.    lol

No just have to live with the fact that when recording a race online while on TS you hear what is said on TS.
Although it can be fun aswell to hear what is said.

Well it has the option to record external sound just don't know if you can confine it to particular sources etc.
There is an option to tick on or off for external sound but that only refers to youre own mic.  :(
At first I had it ticked off but then in the recorded movie you hear people asking me something but you dont hear the reply of me.
When I tick it on you do hear me answerring.

Purple44 said:

I prefer that aswell.

The problem with a setup like that is that to make that possible you need to carry a heaset from either say 1st computer and the 3rd pc with TS thru speakers.
Which has the downside because I use logitech G35 headset which complely covers youre ears I need to set the volume so hard to hear it my wife has me killed before the first race is over.   :D
Or the other way around in which case I need to put the volume of the game so hard it also transmit thru TS which is not pleasant for the others on TS and my wife kills me.    lol

No just have to live with the fact that when recording a race online while on TS you hear what is said on TS.

It is possible to prevent FRAPS from recording TS, but it can be quiet awkward. Simply put, software is required (Something like virtual Audio cable - however I've heard it's not great). Then you'd go on TS options and send the audio down this virtual cable, whilst FRAPS only records the other Audio channel. It's awkward and a pain.

I dunno about pit stops, yes they'd help you out but without them, you really do have to focus on tyre management. I did try a longer race using the x5 option for 40 minutes, the tyre wear is scaled to the race length.

During the 8 minute one I scrubbed off 1-2% rear grip by the time I got through the 1st corner but that took 2-3 laps when set to 40 minutes.

Forum playing up again so can't reply on the quoted post.

However, what I was going to remark on was just how observant they are around here . .not, maybe a couple of your videos, rastus, and they might catch on, lol . . . 

Thats how i roll...no music, just game sounds and TS chatter.
Far more entertaining than music imo.

but i will do the decent thing [most of the time] and shout out im frappin...jus soze folk know like 8D

It is possible to prevent FRAPS from recording TS, but it can be quiet awkward. Simply put, software is required (Something like virtual Audio cable - however I've heard it's not great). Then you'd go on TS options and send the audio down this virtual cable, whilst FRAPS only records the other Audio channel. It's awkward and a pain.
Yeah ive tried that, it does indeed work, but for the life of me i cant remember why i binned it as a workable solution.
Maybe it was because it was just too much hard work all the time, and hard work dosent mesh with gaming in my world.

Goonertez said:

You mean like this?
To bad you cant hear me lauch whith tears in my eyes becaus of wolfie's reaction.  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mDYQCOD7xg&feature=youtu.be[/uotube]

Hahahahaha . . . when I press play nothing happens except a message in the middle of the video screen saying:
"This video is private" . . .
~O)

Hahahahaha . . . when I press play nothing happens except a message in the middle of the video screen saying:
"This video is private" . . .
~O)
HAhaha forgot to click on publish, sorry for that must be working now.  lol

Goonertez said:

You mean like this?
To bad you cant hear me lauch whith tears in my eyes becaus of wolfie's reaction.  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mDYQCOD7xg&feature=youtu.be[/uotube]
That's why we all love Craig, lol . .
~O)

I like see on next's GRID games:

-Pits stop.
-4 ovals minimum.
-In a end of season in career mode, have a race mode like ROC (Race of Champions).
-Can create your own championship with a maximum of 20 races and have a option of having a dual race like V8 Supercars.
I'd like to see pit stops in the "endurance" races in GAS, particularly if they can be made longer, but it's asking a lot for valuable game space to be taken up for such limited use . . .
~O)
Yeah, but the pit stop is a classic and so important for a racing game. Yes, I know its impossible to get pit stop in this game (GRID Autosport), but un the future, yes.

We need start somewhere, how?, easy, pit stop like Toca Race Driver 3. Not show the change in fuel and tire change, but I prefer that to not having pit stop. Also only be the beginning of GRID have pit stop, eventually this will best and show changes tires and refuel.