Sign in to follow this  

What you want to see from GRID

agree with guys above , stop this DLC storm after lunching a game!!
i counted on origin 14 dlc packs for NFS Rivlas , i am not gonna buy any of them , but just base game..:)

I didn't buy DLC for grid 2 or Dirt 3 and I love dirt 3. The value didn't seem right to me. At first, it put me off and I considered not buying CM games anymore. But the base game was playable and fun without the DLC, so I decided to simply ignore it. Grid 2 kinda sucked. Lost interest in the grid series after that. Was fun with a controller, I'll give them that, but it was terrible with a wheel because the only way to be fast was the throw the car sideways in every corner.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Grid hype wagon start rolling along, just like with Grid2...

...oh and more proper racer's tracks, less city-slicker circuits, and a spot of weather this time around.

I'd like to see only circuits and real city tracks (like Monaco or Miami), and many road-legal cars. I think you should be able to race on every track using every car, like in Grid 2.

online Multiplayer:
please check this multiplayer features:

-spectate mode from lobby
-streaming text chat
- nothing more people splitted by steam download region settings
- a long custom lobby list
- name and flag of racers
best lap times 
- all car the same online 
- a complete racing stats on player panel option
- radar and hud old style
- a search button option to find specific racers into a lobby
- a democratic old style kick vote  

+1 to seeing a return of the Race Driver/ToCA series !

Track : Nogaro (France) for FIA GT Series or new name "Blancpain Sprint Series" ;)
http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com

I want something that I loved since Dirt 2 and thats the dashboard customization. I really like the ability to personalize stuff in any game and I liked how you can put a toy on the rear view mirror or to slap a sticker on the dash after any major even win. Something like that would be awesome in the new GRID game. Yes, its not very realistic because you don't see stuff like that in WTCC for example, but its a nice touch and the game never was about the total simulation.

Other thing that I would like to see is you guys to make the Ravenwest team members recruitable (is there such word?) :P

-spectate mode from lobby
-streaming text chat
- nothing more people splitted by steam download region settings
- a long custom lobby list
- name and flag of racers
best lap times 
- all car the same online 
- a complete racing stats on player panel option
- radar and hud old style
- a search button option to find specific racers into a lobby
- a democratic old style kick vote 

yeah i totally agree with flash-stealth

I've said it before over the years and I'll say it again!!!

- BTCC, playable in multiplayer with all the tracks.

- Server browser that works and is the main way to join online rather than matchmaking in to a random server.

- Allow the modding community access again.

I really liked the car tier system in GRID2, it made car choice balanced so people couldn't just pick "the top car" but it also gave the players the opportunity of having a multidisciplinary race (so muscle cars could race jap cars, or euro cars vs jap cars vs muscle, etc) what i would like to see in GRID autosport would be:

-a way to race different tiers (just the option in multiplayer, not to redo the entire tier system), not to win, but so that friends can just play around with different tiers  

-a return of freestyle drifting, like in the original GRID i think it would be fun to have that "free roam" style of drifting

-a some more toyota love, i really miss the AE86 corolla from the original GRID, but i would also like to see some other toyotas,  like some supras, celicas and maybe some KE corollas (like the KE70)

-more classic cars, i like how the charger and mustang are in GRID2, but it would be nice to see some other classic cars, maybe even some older cars that arn't from america, like some valliants, or holdens (please put a torana, commodore or monaro into the game, the land of kangaroos and deadly snakes down-under will thank codemaster and love them forever)

-as with the more more classics, some nostalgic jap cars would be aweosme, C10 skylines, AE86, TA22 celica and maybe even just previouse generations of current cars, S12 silvia, S13 silvia, S14 silvia, GTiR pulsar, all of the skylines, a bunch of evos, some imprezzas, just so people can have a choice and maybe even do some showdowns, everyone picks a different skyline for example

tl:dr
Bring back the AE86... i like that car, its a good car  [-O<

Here's a list from steamcommunity thread we've created a while ago with some decent suggestions concerning Grid 2

The Ultimate suggestions list.

-1) Don’t make walls that provoke wallriding!

0) List of servers with ping, including playlists (ping bars on players).

1) Text chat.

2.1) Online practice mode or Time Trial mode.
2.2) Or at least let us use upgraded cars in Single Player // by Tex-Rec

3.0) Balanced cars (so there are no dominant 1-2 cars in each tier).

4.1) Force push2talk ON by default. 
I love voice chat, but right now I have to mute most people so I don’t hear every sound they make (if they use speakers - it’s a disaster).
4.2) Give an option to mute people during a race or at “session results” or at “event entrants” screens.
4.3) Add “Mute voice chat” toggle hotkey.

5.1) Global Challenges are now more like “Friend Challenges”, why do I have to visit Racenet website for *global* results?
5.2) At least add a link to racenet/challenges webpage inside the game // by DonSeismo

6) Look left/right when using bonnet cam should turn 90 degrees, not 45.
6.1) Rear/side view mirrors (by Annabell)

7) Map overviews and map name when loading and in “session settings”.
7.1) Also while choosing a car. // by The grizzly
It is often annoying when you join right as the votes are over and you can only choose your car but cannot see the map that is coming up.

8) “Reset car” hotkey. 

9) Derby mode in “Everything” playlist // by NY GAMER
9.1) It should be downloaded automatically.
9.2) Allow to use any car in Derby // by Aaphree

10) “Block list” // by [VQ]Kibo
Mark them with a color and ignore voice chat?

11) Corner Cutting is way too aggressive at times. 
Having 2 wheels on a curb should not be penalized.

12) All tracks should be free.
Why break up already small community?

== Small things that would be nice to have ==

1.1) Numeric values for topspeed, acceleration and handling (easier to compare cars).
1.2) Numeric values for exp.

2) Option to save replays after each race.
This will help to fight cheaters (or at least ban them), learn from the best and make great artwork/videos.

3) I’d love to have spoilers as new cosmetics.

4) Steering lock in “advanced wheel settings”.

5.1) Diversity in Global Challenges and more challenges: 
- tracks AND locations shouldn't repeat until they all have been rotated;
- there should be circuit/sprint/city variety;
- tier variety. 
5.2) Custom or *permanent* global challenges with every track/tier and global stats // by EVGA GTX 770

6) Show full information (tracks, damage, collisions, etc) when searching for sessions and inside a lobby (including race progress like laps/minutes left) without going anywhere into session settings. 

7) Let us choose a car after joining a session that is already in progress. 
Right now it forces last used car.

8) Let us purchase/change upgrades inside a lobby. 

9.1) “Spectator mode” that you can enter after joining a session that is already in progress. 
9.2) Full HUD in a “spectator mode” (or at least a speedometer).

10) Player ping (session results and lobby).

11) Free roam mode.

12) Sell or remove cars.
12.1) Sort cars in the order of use.
I'm tired of going 9 cars to the right to select Corvette every time in a playlist.

13) Permanently show the fastest lap during a race (yours and overall).

14) When there’s a connectivity problem, game should ask if you want to reconnect to the same session, not just drop you.

15) Show stats for players that are highlighted in a lobby (as in “view stats”).

16) Show own upgrades in a car select screen or lobby.

18) Some menus are not responsive. 
Example: I can hit “online”, press right, select “global challenge” as fast as I can and still get to “global challenges”. This doesn’t work for all menus (selection is too slow).

19.1) Host migration for custom events after 2 minutes of host inactivity (I think that's enough for a bathroom break). 
I'm sure we've all been in a situation when everybody is ready to go, but the host fell asleep.
19.2) "Next host" feature in "custom game / quick match" for the same reason // bySteMinardon

20) Let us name&save controller profiles just like liveries. 
Right now they are reset to default values when switching from one to another.

21) Leaderboards for every track/car.

22) An option to disable the echo effect when driving near walls. // by Prophet
Too often it sounds like an opponent is right behind you.

23) Customizable HUD - position, colors... // by Zazurca and Prophet
Right now it’s hard to see on light background.

24) Advanced wheel settings for unsupported controllers // by Prophet

25) "Suggested gear" Gran Turismo style // by Prophet

26.1) Class restriction inside a tier for both single player and multiplayer // byTestTestTest
26.2) Min level restriction for online custom events.

27) Ability to name custom events // by Ibot

29) Numerical tachometer // by Aaphree

34) Visual damage representation Grid 1 style as a part of the HUD // by Aaphree

35) More country flags // by Ōkami

36) Add drafting/slipstreaming // by [VQ]Kibo

37) Add a horn // by Good Homer

38) Better scenery camera angles in replays so they don't pan into obstacles or remove them completely // by Redwing

39) Allow host to set the number of AI cars, rather than it just filling the rest of the field // by ProdigyXP

40) Add the ability to save your own custom playlists // by ProdigyXP
Dirt2 did this perfectly, where we could create all of your settings/tracks and name them for easy recall.

41) Adjustable positioning of HUD elements // by ProdigyXP
Initial complaint was about the map position.

42) Custom livery support for Global Challenges so it's easier to tell who's ghost you are chasing // by pmf026

said it at old forum and will say it again and again

• grid 1 is the best in all means - lobby, tracks, physics etc
  • give back text chat
  • finally add ukrainian flag (and maybe a lot of other countries you ve missed)

ps. i hate what did flash a lot of time in grid but i agree with all he said

I would like to see realistic racing events not just that you are spawned on the track, you finish the race and thats all. Show us the whole commotion around the race (using cutscenes). Let us belive that it is an actual racing event. The other thing you should include is grassroots racing.

Codemasters, please answer, what about making discount for those, who have Grid2? You know, Grid2  is not what we wanted, and now, after year, you make what we want, "real Grid" (I hope) Grid2 is nightmare, sorry, and many people will not buy Motosport, because they have sad lesson (me too). Please understand correctly. Love Dirt games very much. Sorry for bad english, i read rules.

Nutopian said:
Codemasters, please answer, what about making discount for those, who have Grid2? You know, Grid2  is not what we wanted, and now, after year, you make what we want, "real Grid" (I hope) Grid2 is nightmare, sorry, and many people will not buy Motosport, because they have sad lesson (me too). Please understand correctly. Love Dirt games very much. Sorry for bad english, i read rules.
Ciao,
mmm i doubt they will make us a discount for this reasons... the only discount you can have is wait some steam offer.
I prefer avoid to buy DLC if they come like rain (this mean more raise-price trick than a real dcl needs).
i would ask for a demo of grid-autosport, but seems this will not happen (we both know is not "strictly" needed).
On the paper this game is sure more brain-equipped than grid2... i think online multiplayer need to be improved yet,
because spectate mode and text chat are still missing.
On the other side we are watching came back a lot of features like incamview etc...
:)

It has been a very long time that I was here. PS2 days...I even had to create a new account but the thing I would like to see mostly is the BTCC. A full BTCC racer that covers all the era's of BTCC with their proper rules, tracks, cars and drivers. A weather system and an intensive experience. The car I would look most forward to drive is the Ultron Esso Peugeot 406 from Harvey and Watts  :D

1.  An OFFICIAL COLLISIONS-OFF playlist.

2.  Far less menu screens.  Keep the action going!

3.  Improved multi-player matchmaking (can we solve the Steam regional issue?)

4.  Far less DLC, cheaper DLC where applicable and DLC that doesn't fragment the playerbase

5.  Actual price discounts for those who insist upon pre-ordering (tsk tsk.)

Grid Autosport.

Watched the video, cars looked a bit "floaty", commentary a bit "tongue-in-cheek". . .but it's early days, although if it's being made for this gen, and next gen purchases are seen as being in 2015, that must mean the game is due this year . . .omg, a rush job ?

I could see hints of Toca 3 and Grid 1, but not many. No choice for Endurance in daytime or day/night cycle means people like me would not be using that . .hate night driving in any game.

No mention of "Spectate" or Chat Streaming.

Jarama ? . . what about all the other main tracks we loved in Grid 1 ?

Practice/Qualifying ? . .omg, we are in trouble already . ."ALERT" . ."IDENTITY CRISES" . . is the game, "jump in and drive" ( this grabs the impatient majority), or is it, "a few sim features thrown in" ( all bale out we haven't got, "jump in and drive").
The guy in the video did seem to make a point about the "casual" drivers . . .MMmm . . I'm sure the "casual" drivers will love practice and qualifying. . .and, yes, I believe it can be switched off, but it is taking up space and creating a multi-directional game . .bit like a headless chicken.

So the 5% will be happy getting cockpit back . . .

Grid eye candy no longer cuts it for me, so take that out and I don't see much of what we asked for . . . time will tell.

EDIT: I have been told the game is due out in June . .oh well, another CM game where it is now too late for input so if any or all of the features we gave in our feedback aren't there now they never will be.

Why am I getting the feeling that here comes another cash grab like Showdown and Grid 2 . . . funny, isn't it, we spend 5 years screaming for another Grid game and like the proverbial bus 2 come along at once, well, a year apart . .

For what its worth i would like to see

1.Proper handling grid 1 style

2.Txt chat

3.No dlc mess

4.Drafting

i dont know if its good or bad news , but after GRID2 disaster , i totally lost faith in this company .
i totally agree with what being said since page one . all the good points that made GRID1 stands out vanished on the second episode , and damn , what was that handling/physics system , i played GRID2 for like few hours and returned it . would have been better just to keep GRID1 great handling and physics models and adds more contents around it .. marketing is killing this industry :/

If that game will be so good as Grid1, i want whom there will not new grid games next two-three years. Sorry for english again, what about discount, tiny or big, codies:) I wonder that everybody want buy Grid again. Its not famous annual game for kids (three letters) Seriously.