my team

after 4 races, they show me that the strength of my team is equal to a Mercedes, but on the graph it is not so, and in races I am the last to arrive. Another codemaster bug ?

128683821_F12020Screenshot2020_08_30-22_30_25_18.thumb.png.76e1f4bf7a37caa9a22e0dca22221cf3.png

8 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

they show me that the strength of my team is equal to a Mercedes

What are you basing this part on? If you post screenshots of the two bits that apparently contradict each other it will be easier to comment.

2 minutes ago, Ultra3142 said:

What are you basing this part on? If you post screenshots of the two bits that apparently contradict each other it will be easier to comment.

OK. I misunderstood the information.
It was much clearer in the last game!

• Like 1

I think the OP is referring to the issue discussed here a few weeks ago, where the coloured line on the right hand side gives the impression performance is high. In fact, it just is there to underline and match the letters in the team name. As stated in that thread, it's not clear. 

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/56390-rd-progress-what-do-these-bars-mean/

Edited by amazingblaze
Clarify language, add link
  • Agree 2

Just now, amazingblaze said:

I think the OP is referring to the issue discussed here a few weeks ago on here, where the coloured line on the right hand side gives the impression performance is high. In fact, it just is there to underline and match the letters in the team name. As stated in that thread, it's not clear. 

yes yes i fell for it too :classic_blush:

• Haha 1

I got confused by this too when I started, it's not very well designed. It should really just be a coloured box below the name, not a coloured underline.

Or just get back to F1 2019. This is kinda minor, but objectively worse. Another design choice that backfired in my opinion was the throttle and brake telemetry HUD - and this one is a bit more impactful.

The circular dial of last year was perfect. Horizontal bars could obviously work, but the way it is now it's not that easy to read at a glance given the positioning and the thickness of the black slanted bars.

Another career question.
What did they take away 45 thousand dollars for ?
I drove purely practice, qualification and race, I didn't break anything...
So in every race, only the amount is different...

PotPlayerMini64_2020-09-03_19-12-54.thumb.png.020fcea731b3f054f5dee188d56aa660.png

On 9/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, Ultra3142 said:

The deduction is for damage to the car during the race. 

no, well it means a bug, because I did not damage the car in the race. the race was clean

6 minutes ago, MilligramSmile said:

maybe it's not for breakdowns but for warnings when crossing the white line? I had 2 warnings in the race ...

I don't think so.

@MilligramSmile

If you think you have discovered a bug, please complete the bug reporting template and add it to this thread. Things like replication and a way for CM to make your bug happen will be important here.

3 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@MilligramSmile

If you think you have discovered a bug, please complete the bug reporting template and add it to this thread. Things like replication and a way for CM to make your bug happen will be important here.

I don't know if it's a mistake ...
I'm asking you for what the money is being taken away ?
you made a game, you should know when money is taken away ...

@MilligramSmile, looks like its something worth investigation for me. There is damage on there, so I'm guessing it is this. However, for me to test if there is an issue here a bug report would need to be completed. Replication is important, so please see if you can regularly make the issue happen again. The template is here:

21 hours ago, BarryBL said:

@MilligramSmile, looks like its something worth investigation for me. There is damage on there, so I'm guessing it is this. However, for me to test if there is an issue here a bug report would need to be completed. Replication is important, so please see if you can regularly make the issue happen again. The template is here:

how difficult it is with you...
make Russian tech support...

Hi @MilligramSmile

Please note the forums rules and the area on language: 

This is a English speaking forum, but I'll try and translate the bug report for you into Google Translate. I've messaged it you in PM's, as all posts from the forum rules should be in English. Unfortunately, I do not speak Russian.

EDIT: However, this is clearly damage from your images, so I'm confident in saying it is this. It only flags on your MFD if there is enough damage to deserve an update on if it needs to change, there can still be damage there that would need replacing like in real life.

Should be noted that sometimes there will be a slightly stronger shade of green, almost unnoticeable, on the MFD that doesn't prompt you to change wings mid race but will still take up to a minute in garage during practice for repairs.

If I'm not mistaken, that is the case here for this apparently cosmetic damage.

Telemetry data still shows it as damage, by the way 

On 9/6/2020 at 5:31 PM, MilligramSmile said:

The wing on the panel is green and does not need replacing ...
is it considered damage ?

F1_2020_photo_20200905_153448.thumb.jpg.944140fe8f7bf2c272ff6f7735e973f1.jpgF1_2020_photo_20200905_153611.thumb.jpg.a37aff3b12d49285a532ea9166f46672.jpg

I have been really upset whenever this happens. Is this really damage or not? I have received this a few times, and I think it is damage because I feel the slight loss of downforce. 

1 hour ago, Krisperfectline said:

I have been really upset whenever this happens. Is this really damage or not? I have received this a few times, and I think it is damage because I feel the slight loss of downforce. 

These are most likely just cosmetic damages. They occurs when you made small contact with specific areas of the bodywork, or more specifically, for the front wing and the floor, usually happen when you drive too deep into the really bumpy kerbs (Outside kerb of turn 12 of Australia or turn 10 of Zandvoort for examples), sometimes they even leave huge marks on the bodywork as well.

The damage deduction at the end seems to happens at random, my bodywork always got damages yet most of the times they cost $0 to me.

And I've never notice any performance affected by these damages, but personally I think these are too excessive, I had to really avoid kerbs nowadays because I hate seeing damages when I wasn't even crashing or going off track.

Edited by DRTApophis

If a real F1 car wing looked like in the photo it would obviously be replaced ahead of the next race.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ultra3142 said:

If a real F1 car wing looked like in the photo it would obviously be replaced ahead of the next race.

In the game they just left it as it is for the whole session as if it's nothing 🤮

Jeff: "Oh frontwing and floor damages? We should do the qualifying sim program then!"