F1 2020 |ONLINE SERVICE BACK ONLINE | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Competition | 10,000 Pitcoin Reward - Ending 20/10/2020 | MyTeam Story Time Read more... ×

Podium Pass Season 2

Cause this issue, it's not possible to give an "overtime" to all people that has not finished the season 1 Podium Pass?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having had the issue with not being able to load the game since 1.08 came out, I have obviously fallen behind on Podium Pass. Was it important to complete it or was it just a case of not getting access to the things on offer in the levels I have missed?

BTW @PJTierney...... "We can't wait for you to see what's coming up!"..... Boy oh boy has someone dug a hole for themselves! It better be good.....real good!!! :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Having had the issue with not being able to load the game since 1.08 came out, I have obviously fallen behind on Podium Pass. Was it important to complete it or was it just a case of not getting access to the things on offer in the levels I have missed?

What rank did you get to? If you paid for VIP access but didn't reach rank 29 you'll have missed out on some of the Pitcoins, which could be used to buy VIP access to season 2.

As for not completing all of the challenges, loads of people didn't due to a bug that prevented this. I don't suppose this will affect anything in Season 2 but I guess we'll only find out once season 2 eventually starts.

What a waste. Most of the liveries and helmets etc. aren’t “racing” cosmetics they are kitchie outlandish designs that look unrealistic on an F1 grid. Out of everything so far there are only 2 helmet designs that look cool and the liveries are mostly outlandish or have geometric designs which look very similar.

2019 had way better options.....

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Codemasters.

There had better be less garish and extravagant designs in season 2.

3 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

What a waste. Most of the liveries and helmets etc. aren’t “racing” cosmetics they are kitchie outlandish designs that look unrealistic on an F1 grid. Out of everything so far there are only 2 helmet designs that look cool and the liveries are mostly outlandish or have geometric designs which look very similar.

2019 had way better options.....

1 hour ago, Joethe155 said:

Thanks Codemasters.

Although I agree with you both to a certain degree, the problem isn't on the liveries themselves, but the fact that the placements of the sponsors decals (can't change colors individually) are conflicting with them, making many color combinations impossible.

This is a major design oversight that I think needs to be address immediately, fixing it will instantly make any liveries obtained from the podium pass much more valuable.

It's the same with decals on racesuit, although it made certain sense that they're systematically tide with the decals on the car liveries, the implementation is absolutely horrible. 

Edited by DRTApophis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joethe155 said:

Thanks Codemasters.

Nailed it. The current ones look like they are targeted to underage Fortnite fans.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janbonator said:

Nailed it. The current ones look like they are targeted to underage Fortnite fans.

Which they may have been...

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Ultra3142 said:

What rank did you get to? If you paid for VIP access but didn't reach rank 29 you'll have missed out on some of the Pitcoins, which could be used to buy VIP access to season 2.

Mmm....I forgot about that. I can't remember the rank - about 20 I think - but well in line to reach 29. I have 8500 so I think there might have been one  more free payment of 2500. Does that sound about right? Maybe I should write to CM and ask for a discretionary payment? I know it was software on my computer that caused the crashes after 1.08 was released but obviously the patch wasn't released fully tested....and I know they can't test against every single eventuality but, nevertheless, it was a faulty patch that resulted in me not getting the opportunity to earn the Pitcoins.

LOL, it's been delayed. They can't even release their customization content on time. Don't worry it'll be released with the Performance Update, F2 2020 content, and the livery update. It's called F1 2021. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Mmm....I forgot about that. I can't remember the rank - about 20 I think - but well in line to reach 29. I have 8500 so I think there might have been one  more free payment of 2500. Does that sound about right? Maybe I should write to CM and ask for a discretionary payment? I know it was software on my computer that caused the crashes after 1.08 was released but obviously the patch wasn't released fully tested....and I know they can't test against every single eventuality but, nevertheless, it was a faulty patch that resulted in me not getting the opportunity to earn the Pitcoins.

The final 2,500 pitcoins was definitely for rank 29 and I think you're right it was an early 20s rank that could have got you to 8,500 pitcoins. 

You could try asking CM for some compensation but realistically they can't test compatibility with every possible bit of software, and IIRC you had some sort of error before 1.08 too? Up to you buy it may simply not be worth the hassle/delay of pushing for this when compared to the relatively cheap cost of buying the few extra pitcoins you'd need if you wanted to buy VIP access to season 2. Not sure where in the world you are but from memory it was less than £2 in the UK I think.

Yes - you are probably right re the cost of the Pitcoins.

The previous issue is what appears to be a corrupt savegame file in 2019. In that game I can do everything (on-line, Time Trial etc) except load My Career. I will put in another crash report but, to be honest, because the Devs are snowed under with 2020 issues, and the problem involves only one player, I have been lead to believe that there is virtually no chance of getting it looked at.

Fernando Alonso voice: It's a joke. A joke.

If you're delayed with the release, at least properly communicate when it's available. It's been moved twice already and now it just says '1 day' for the past two days..

Again. Fernando Alonso voice: What a joke.

• Agree 1

Presumably once it hits 24 hours before the start, it will change from '1 Day' to '24 Hours'? So tomorrow.

That's how it's worked with everything else.

I mean, I think it's a little confusing to do it that way myself, but that's how it's worked for all the other countdowns so far.

12 hours ago, Blent said:

Presumably once it hits 24 hours before the start, it will change from '1 Day' to '24 Hours'? So tomorrow.

That's how it's worked with everything else.

I mean, I think it's a little confusing to do it that way myself, but that's how it's worked for all the other countdowns so far.

Explains why it has said 1 day away for 2 days and now shows 12hrs away.  

Someone at Codemasters coding the timer doesn't know how days work.

Edited by Krovven

15 minutes ago, Krovven said:

Explains why it has said 1 day away for 2 days and now shows 12hrs away.  

Someone at Codemasters coding the timer doesn't know how days work.

I think we went through the same thing first time around and then got the long delay. Fingers crossed it actually starts at the currently indicated time tomorrow.

On 9/5/2020 at 11:44 AM, janbonator said:

and once again looks like you guys were right.. 90% of it looks like ****.

I really don't understand this.. don't they have an art director ? how hard can it be to make things that looks like it belongs in a racing grid and are not ridiculous outlandish ******** ? it's definitely not for lack of references so i think they need to hire new designers, because modders at racing department are able to create liveries and helmets 1000x better than this

• Agree 2

I'm half convinced the designers have got their kids to draw most of  these liveries and helmets.

Granted theres a couple of nice ones like the one helmet I think for level 24? Has the black on top is nice and the simpler liveries are decent.

But the Zebra, Rays, Bolts and Digital ones are just horrible.. Not just horrible but you cant even change the colour of half of the design..

Honestly I'm happy the Zebra one is the season reward though... saves me grinding the game modes I don't want to play.

I mean, what was wrong with the 2019 helmets? Why have they been removed for these? How hard can it be to just make a simple design that would look like it belongs on a race car? When was the last time any team had an outlandish design like half of these? 

I hate to discredit the work, but sorry it's incredibly disappointing.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

For me all they needed to do was take the free liveries from 2019, along with the helmets and put them into podium pass. And maybe some decent badges that represent countries of the world. Instead I see one livery that might be nice and a helmet or two. The rest is just junk.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

This is pure speculation based on nothing, but I wonder if the delay for Season Two was in part due to getting the 'We Race as One' and the 'End Racism' stuff into the Podium Pass? I'd imagine they were not part of the original Season Two plans.

Just some questions. Do weekly items return in the future? Like the “Pure joy” podium celebration. Will it return as a weekly or daily item in the future? Are weekly items purchasable everyday? Or are they just exclusively available in the item shop? The pure joy celebration looks nice. 

Edited by Krisperfectline
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Krisperfectline said:

Just some questions. Do weekly items return in the future? Like the “Pure joy” podium celebration. Will it return as a weekly or daily item in the future? Are weekly items purchasable everyday? Or are they just exclusively available in the item shop? The pure joy celebration looks nice. 

I do wish they return, I missed the Chrome livery because I thought these rewards stay there forever.