Rain inside the car

Hello everyone,

not quiet sure why this isn't addressed yet In a patch but it's quiet annoying. When you drive in cockpit view and look back into the rear of the car it rains through the car. 

I'm playing on PS4 Pro.

IMG_20200901_005107.jpg

16 hours ago, DonZonda said:

Hello everyone,

not quiet sure why this isn't addressed yet In a patch but it's quiet annoying. When you drive in cockpit view and look back into the rear of the car it rains through the car. 

I'm playing on PS4 Pro.

Do you write backwards when submitting your application to the office? If you can operate the phone camera and play Playstation then you can also rotate photos before publishing.

If you want someone to check it, you need to describe in detail what track, what exact weather (I guess it's raining at night) and what car - it's probably as obvious as whether you will get an answer.

As far as I could check, it is rather your mistake because the rear view is always located outside the car (probably because it would be useless otherwise, especially in the rain).

I may be wrong but it seems I have solved your problem 😉

Edited by minetti

First of all, all pictures I uploaded started to spin and I couldn't put them into the right direction. Eventhough I took the photo straight from my phone. Second of all it happens on all cars on every track in cockpit view. No matter what daytime. When you look back into the rear of the car it rains through the car. Of course I'm not talking about the camera where you look over the trunk....

Edited by DonZonda

First, the inserted photos are turned upside down. The reason is not the forum script because I put different images here and they never rotate by themselves so you have to find the reason on your side. It is also cultural to apologize if these are the facts, because you probably do not expect that we will be standing on our heads to get a better look at it.

Second, even in the view from the cockpit, when you look back into the rear of the car, you are outside (I guess because only that way you can see what is happening behind the car). I checked a few cars quickly and that rear view is always outside, that's why you see it raining.

Edited by minetti

No idea why this happens but I just tried it again and the pictures are everytime upside down. I will do proper pics captured by the PS4 itself and can also take a video clip and upload it later to proof this. It rains inside the car through the window, through the roll cage etc. When you look forward it works correctly when you backwards in cockpit view you see the back of the cockpit and the rain comes right through the roof of the car. What you are mentioned is when you look back on bonnet/hood view. 

Edited by DonZonda

I will check again, please give a specific car and the track you are setting to those photos.

I checked all the views, including the one where I can see my hands on the steering wheel. When I look back (with the right DualShock joy towards myself) I always have a view from the outside behind the car (also with a part of the rear of the car).

Edited by minetti

Hi again, so I just did a direct capture of my ps4. It happens on every car on every track no matter if day or night. 

In this clips I used the Porsche 911 GT4 (997)  on San Francisco Gran Prix Circuit. At night in the other the brands hatch GP track at day time with the nissan Skyline 2000 GTR

As you can see the rain comes straight through the car and doesn't hit the wind screen on the back. And there is obviously you can see obviously the view is inside the car also when looking back and no outsideview on the cars rear. Hope things are more clear now. 

Edited by DonZonda

Yes, we can see it perfectly now. That's strange because I do not have such a view - when I look back, I can see only the outside view of the rear look, even though I have the main view inside the cockpit. Do you turn backwards as I do by pulling the right joy towards me? have you downloaded the last update?

We will try to get a man from Codemasters here, although I have the impression that lately he prefers to catch pokemons than support the players community 😉 am I wrong? @CMTGK

Edited by minetti

Ok great 👍🏼Yes I'm on the latest update, correct I turn back the right analog stick to get this view. And it's on every car on the game for me. Its no game breaker of course but still feels odd and annoying.

Thanks it'd be nice if somebody from Codemasters could say something to this issue. 

• Agree 1

Let's wait until tomorrow evening if he will answer. If not, we'll be pinging people from other parts of the forum. Also I can't understand why I don't have this view 🤨

ok, edit - I chcecked the car from your setup and now I can see the same issue 👍 those two cars I chcecked before doesnt have the inside view of the rear so they were outside.

Now we can only wait for some support feedback about it.

Edited by minetti

Yeah let's see what they say about. Ok good that you confirmed the problem. I guess you took a car like the corvette before or the Ferrari 488. They actually really don't have the view because you couldn't see anything because it's closed there so they just give you a regular rear view. 

Edited by DonZonda
  • Agree 1